HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn healthy scratch vs Islanders

Old
03-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:24 PM
VanNistelrooy

Send him in the AHL if he can't help the Habs... At least he will help the Dogs.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:41 PM
jcpenny

Stupid lines, stupid mentality, Carbo is getting on my last nerves...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I'm going crazy trying to figure out exactly what Murray brings to this team so well that we need to keep him on the roster at all costs. Honestly, does he have "compromising" pictures of Carbo or Gainey? That's all I can think of at this point.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:55 PM
mtl_felix

Is Murray still under contract next year?
Seriously, we gotta free a spot for Kostitsyn next season, at the very least.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Pascal

I love how the habs constantly bring up promising young players, see them do ok for a few games, then SHATTER their confidence level by scratching them after decent games, normal rookie mistakes, etc..

See: Grabovski, Kots, Perezhogin, Hainsey, Vokoun (he played 1 game in the Habs uniform and it was enough to kill his confidence)

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Send him in the AHL if he can't help the Habs... At least he will help the Dogs.
I absolutely agree. Frick, Carbo and crew are so stupid. Don't want to play him, fine, send him to Hamilton where he can get playing time and be in a POSITIVE atmosphere. Not this cluster "beep" called the 2006-07 Montreal Canadiens.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Teufelsdreck

I am disillusioned with Carbonneau. I would not feel this way if his tactics resulted in wins, but I can't think of another NHL coach who would have done worse if he had the same players. Imagine, going from #4 in the conference on Christmas to a position out of the playoffs by early March. Why have the Senators, Islanders, Hurricanes, Rangers, Maple Leafs, Bruins, and Panthers outplayed the Habs during that stretch, not to mention the Thrashers, Lightning, Devils, and Penguins. I think even the Flyers have gained ground on the Habs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:23 AM
NewHabsEra*

Just relax..

Guy is only trying to establish a durable work ethic from everyone.. Its very late in the season and I doubt it works for the remainder of the year but be sure things will change next season, it will start from day 1 of the training camp...

One thing sure, Carbo has nothing to lose at this point, he is just trying to make his guys on the right track and if he win tommorow with those lines, maybe he has a chance to save the season and eventually make some adjustments that will work, on another side, if the team doesnt even compete, you will hear the crowd singing out loud the booing symphony, what this team quite deserve..

Dont worry, Kostitsyn will be back in the line-up after the next game even if we win and I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Ryder in the pressbox for the first time of the season.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Guys you keep whining but the Habs won their first game out of five with those line. Have a little faith in Carbo, he know more about hockey then most of the poster here will never do

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Jimmy_Dugaz
The KrEMELIN Wall

Dam.... we're still in a playoff race !!!

Whats that *&^$Q# line-up ?!?!

how about ...

Kovalev-Koivu-Kostitsyn ( K.O line )
Higgins-Plekanec-Perezhogin (youth and speed)
Ryder-Bonk-Johnson (very good 3rd line)
Tender-Lapierre-Begin (energy)

cant believe it

Jimmy_Dugaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:36 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I hate Carbonneau. Kostitsyn is the only reason I'm watching now, because they're just going to lose, and Carbonneau scratches him. Utter ********.
how I feel...except they won't lose!

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:39 AM
yannick

6.1 million dollar given for nothing in exchange. i mean, niniima and samsonov salary combined. thats why we are paying senseless price for an attendance at the BELL CENTRE. and what do we get in exchange? a chance to make the playoff

yannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

i watched the MTL games when kostitsyn was called back up since he was all that was worth watching. and he did great, IMO.

sure he did not get a goal yet, but he was strong on the puck and set up several plays. not his fault no one on his line could finish. he was chipping in assists and looked dominate at times on the ice. imagine if he could have kept actually playing and getting more comfortable and confident with his linemates.

bloody savage. i could care less if MTL won last game with these lines. the idea should be to look to the future and if you make the playoffs, bonus and great confience boost to the kids. this push to get to the playoffs is only for money anyway as MTL won't do anything anyway. they are no cup contender even if huet can come back early.

i have a hard time believing MTL is hurting for $$ so could they think about the future a little? they could think about the future by letting kost play in the AHL instead of benching him aftre he was one of the best players on the ice for 2 straight games. lame lame lame.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:51 AM
tinyzombies

Not for nuthin', but maybe Kosty COULD spend his offseason at a power skating school. Just an idea. Maybe he COULD decide to play with passion like he did for Belarus also. But he's still young...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
I am disillusioned with Carbonneau. I would not feel this way if his tactics resulted in wins, but I can't think of another NHL coach who would have done worse if he had the same players. Imagine, going from #4 in the conference on Christmas to a position out of the playoffs by early March.
Well, the key is figuring out whether that team overachieved early on or if it is underachieving now.

Or whether it's a bit of both. Which is probable.

Goaltending has also been a bit of a problem lately. There's not much Carbo can do about that either.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Artyukhin*

I dont see the big deal .

also
Mark Streit is playing better than him .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:09 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Just relax..

Guy is only trying to establish a durable work ethic from everyone.. Its very late in the season and I doubt it works for the remainder of the year but be sure things will change next season, it will start from day 1 of the training camp...

One thing sure, Carbo has nothing to lose at this point, he is just trying to make his guys on the right track and if he win tommorow with those lines, maybe he has a chance to save the season and eventually make some adjustments that will work, on another side, if the team doesnt even compete, you will hear the crowd singing out loud the booing symphony, what this team quite deserve..

Dont worry, Kostitsyn will be back in the line-up after the next game even if we win and I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Ryder in the pressbox for the first time of the season.
How about trying to make the playoffs ? it's not like the 4th liners will score every game...

no they don't, and it's not with guys like Murray they will...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:12 AM
tinyzombies

To me, he's like Pavol Brendl and North Korea. You can have all the weapons you want, but if you can't deliver them, what's the use?

PS: Where is Brendl these days?

Old
03-13-2007, 01:13 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_miss_Sundstrom View Post
Guys you keep whining but the Habs won their first game out of five with those line. Have a little faith in Carbo, he know more about hockey then most of the poster here will never do
Well, I would usually think that yeah, an NHL coach probably knows more than I about hockey...

but when the said coach keep saying that his job is to put the 20 best on the Ice and he puts a guy who was waived (NOT claimed) in the line up over our good prospects... I kinda start doubting...

Last edited by ECWHSWI: 03-13-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old
03-13-2007, 01:14 AM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Where is Brendl these days?
Tearing it up in Sweden

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:22 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
To me, he's like Pavol Brendl and North Korea. You can have all the weapons you want, but if you can't deliver them, what's the use?

PS: Where is Brendl these days?
weapon ? looks like we're fighting with butter knifes to me

Old
03-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Not for nuthin', but maybe Kosty COULD spend his offseason at a power skating school. Just an idea. Maybe he COULD decide to play with passion like he did for Belarus also. But he's still young...
Passion.... heart....

democracy... freedom...

those words...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Ross MacLochness

Asinine. Just..... Just asinine.

Garth Murray and Mark Streit playing forwards over Kostitsyn...

Wow...Just what is there really to say anymore about Carbonneau? It's just hockey and I'm trying my best to not let it bother me. But's like I got a sore tooth and I can't stop touching it. I just feel like wringing Carbo's ****in scrawny little neck.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:44 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
Asinine. Just..... Just asinine.

Garth Murray and Mark Streit playing forwards over Kostitsyn...

Wow...Just what is there really to say anymore about Carbonneau? It's just hockey and I'm trying my best to not let it bother me. But's like I got a sore tooth and I can't stop touching it. I just feel like wringing Carbo's ****in scrawny little neck.
I just had a Marcel Hossa flashback.