HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wiikman

Old
03-13-2007, 05:13 AM
pcem

vCash: 500
Wiikman

Anyone remember the Pack signing Miika Wiikman before the season? He couldn't come over because he wasn't signed early enough or something like that. Does anyone know how he is doing and if he is still considered signed?

pcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcem View Post
Anyone remember the Pack signing Miika Wiikman before the season? He couldn't come over because he wasn't signed early enough or something like that. Does anyone know how he is doing and if he is still considered signed?
I guess he will come next season instead. He is a pretty good goalie, don't know what he have been up to this year though. His team got like 4 decent goalies listed as having played games for them. He is probably injured, he started 18 of their first 30. He were HPK's starting goalie last season when they won the champoionships, now lately they have had Andy Chido from the baby Penguins backing up the guy who used to back up Miika.

Anyway, there were some odd things with that situation. Wiikman is too good to play in the ECHL, and so is Valley and so is Montoya. I do not get why we would want to start the AHL season with 3 goalies with potential to be great starters at that level.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:30 AM
pcem

thanks

pcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 06:04 AM
Henrik68

no chance! he can't get any icetime on hpk. he has been terrible in this year. last year he was good but no chance in hartford next season...

Henrik68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik68 View Post
no chance! he can't get any icetime on hpk. he has been terrible in this year. last year he was good but no chance in hartford next season...
Have he really been so bad that he is a healty scratch? I mean he lead his team last season, and have like 3 good seasons before that for them.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Anyway, there were some odd things with that situation. Wiikman is too good to play in the ECHL, and so is Valley and so is Montoya. I do not get why we would want to start the AHL season with 3 goalies with potential to be great starters at that level.
I think it's a fair bet that you'll see Montoya backing up Lundqvist next year...or barring that, Valliquette. Either way, the Rangers need a backup for next season since Weekes will be gone.

I think it's time to give Montoya a shot at the backup role. I think it'll help Lundqvist too if he has a backup that management feels comfortable going to (hopefully Montoya can make them feel comfortable). That way, Lundqvist won't burn out, and he has someone pushing him to play better

In that case, then the Pack might need another goalie...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:20 AM
dank

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/press_20060705.php

original press release

info from another post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerit Wasp View Post
Lead his team to SM-Liiga gold last season, went to pre-season camp in NYR, and returned to HPK.
Since then, he's barely played a game, with Oksa and now Chiodo getting ahead of him. So, what's gone wrong?
Chiodo hasnt seen much ice time this season, and let in 8 against Jokerit tonight, while Oksa probably isnt good enough to take a team all the way. Who will start their play-off run in goal?
response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flonaldo View Post
An ankle injury has nagged him all season long. It looks like Chiodo will start in goal for the playoffs.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=8394014

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Henrik68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Have he really been so bad that he is a healty scratch? I mean he lead his team last season, and have like 3 good seasons before that for them.
Yep i think so. What i have read in jatkoaika.com (hpk-fans), they don't wanna see him in the playoff this season. I know he is young and have a good last year, but maybe everybody expect a lot of more.

Check this out:

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=32062

Henrik68 is offline   Reply With Quote