HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5/7/14: 11:30am Press Conference (Holmgren to President, Hextall to GM)

Old
05-08-2014, 06:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Couturier Effect View Post
I don't get why they're so upset...it's not like their "strategy" is working. They haven't shown any improvement at all over the past 4 or 5 years. Hextall was dead on.
They should have traded the 2012 1st overall pick to trade back for a defensemen. Yakupov's just something they already had in Hall & Eberle.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 06:40 PM
The Rage Kage

Just read an article by a ******** Edmonton fan trying to rationalize how Edmonton has had so many top picks and still sucks

The Rage Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

The thread on the main boards about Hextalls shot at the Oilers is absolutely hilarious. The amount of ******** is seriously just incredible

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:40 PM
hockeyfreak7

And the funny thing to me is that Hextall was simply echoing what many Oilers fans are already saying and also sticking up for faithful Oil fans who have been tortured for years.

If I were an Oilers fan, I'd be pumped there are execs around the league publicly condemning my team.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Their management has shown they don't give a crap about the fans, the only hope is that the scorn of their peers will get their heads right.

05-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
And the funny thing to me is that Hextall was simply echoing what many Oilers fans are already saying and also sticking up for faithful Oil fans who have been tortured for years.

If I were an Oilers fan, I'd be pumped there are execs around the league publicly condemning my team.
Absolutely, but it's not only Oilers fans who're getting ********, that's the funny/confusing part.

****in main boards man...

Old
05-10-2014, 12:00 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Absolutely, but it's not only Oilers fans who're getting ********, that's the funny/confusing part.

****in main boards man...
True. I love the random, outraged Islanders fan. Also love the people saying "Must be bitter about '87". Like, are people really that desperate for a reason to hate the Flyers?

Especially when almost everyone in the hockey community agrees with Hextall's comments, including the people who are feigning outrage over it. You'd think people would appreciate a guy who speaks his mind over repeating the same cliched platitudes that paint NHL people as boring and vanilla...

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
True. I love the random, outraged Islanders fan. Also love the people saying "Must be bitter about '87". Like, are people really that desperate for a reason to hate the Flyers?

Especially when almost everyone in the hockey community agrees with Hextall's comments, including the people who are feigning outrage over it. You'd think people would appreciate a guy who speaks his mind over repeating the same cliched platitudes that paint NHL people as boring and vanilla...
With the way some people are talking about it in the thread I doubt they even read the reporters question and his quote... it seems like they just read the thread title and thought Hextall went out of his way to **** on the Oilers.

So far I'm liking what he's been saying, hopefully he follows through with the things he's said are his plans for the team... and if he can piss off other teams fans on here once in a while, that's just a bonus

Old
05-10-2014, 12:54 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
Yikes....I know Panotch wrote this but my comments are mostly about the actual quotes from Hextall and Holmgren.

You wonder what Hextall was really thinking in his brain when he came here and saw the situation with the farm team. He was probably like WTF garbage is this.

Also, given Hextall's philosophy he probably would not have gone after Pronger in the first place...

Finally, it's nice to see Holmgren admit what others have been saying about getting a franchise D man....

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...-huge-priority
was it last year or the year before we had an argument on this very board about the importance of a good foundation of prospects in the minors. There were some who justified it because of the young age of the core. which the organization finally admitted this week is a load of crap.

EDIT: I don't mean you as in we. I meant there was a long discussion about it with many of us on this board. went on for a little while I think.
as far as getting that franchise defenseman I agree you are better off trying to groom and develop your own guy because they are either not available or the cost is extremely high and potentially crippling your teams depth.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Akanon

Preston & Steve Show @PrestonSteve933
Flyers Fans! Ron Hextall on the show Tuesday morning at 8:30a. Listen live: http://www.wmmr.com/listen-live/

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 06:07 AM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
First move has been man; letting Erik Gustaffsson walk to KHL

05-16-2014, 10:33 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

The homer way of doing it is over the beginning of hextall way begins.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
The homer way of doing it is over the beginning of hextall way begins.
sending players to russia? hextall is kind of cruel.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 12:26 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
sending players to russia? hextall is kind of cruel.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote