HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I Love the Preds!!!

Old
03-13-2007, 12:46 AM
SteelCitySaviour

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SteelCitySaviour
I Love the Preds!!!

I will preface this post by saying I am a die-hard Pittsburgh Penguin fan, who has black and gold in my blood (I served for 12 years as the Pens stickboy, and my grandfather has been with the team since the Mellon Arena opened and the only team around was the AHL Hornets).

That being said, I own two Nashville Predators jerseys (home and away), and in light of the new arena deal for the Pens being splashed across all reaches of the internet, I am here to offer my unconditional and unwavering support of the Preds from now until the day I die.

I would never wish what I've gone through these last few years on anyone, and I hope for nothing more than for all the relocation talk to go the way of the dinosaur. As much as I hate Peter Forsberg, I wish you guys nothing but the best of luck throughout the rest of the regular season and through the playoffs, even if success comes at the hands of my beloved 'guins. I want nothing more than to see a parade down the main streets of Nashville, with country music blazing and confetti flying, and chants of "we love our Preds!" being met with a resounding vote of insurance from the powers-that-be stating that no one, no city or mayor or billionaire will ever take this team from the people that love it, that have bled and cried with it, that have supported it from it's birth til it's ascension to hockey lore.

I want to extend a hand of friendship to my brethren in Nashville, and offer my support and admiration to a great hockey team in a town that deserves it.

SteelCitySaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Thanks (even though I despise everything about Pittsburgh (I'm from Erie)). How's Shero doin for ya?

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:54 AM
SteelCitySaviour

Send a message via AIM to SteelCitySaviour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Thanks (even though I despise everything about Pittsburgh (I'm from Erie)). How's Shero doin for ya?
Haha what's wrong with Pittsburgh? I've been to Erie a few times...man is that lake cold!

And I want to thank you for Shero...he has been nothing but a Godsend! The players he brought in (many many many thanks for Mark Eaton- our record with him in the lineup is an insane 23-4, or something like that ) have been incredible, and he is as responsible for the turnaround of this team as anyone is outside of Malkin and Staal.

SteelCitySaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:54 AM
oz615

Thanks for the show of support brother.

oz615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Nitrous Mafia

SteelCitySavior is cool.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:22 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Thank you for your time and support. I hope the Pens stay in Pittsburgh.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:37 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySaviour View Post
Haha what's wrong with Pittsburgh? I've been to Erie a few times...man is that lake cold!

And I want to thank you for Shero...he has been nothing but a Godsend! The players he brought in (many many many thanks for Mark Eaton- our record with him in the lineup is an insane 23-4, or something like that ) have been incredible, and he is as responsible for the turnaround of this team as anyone is outside of Malkin and Staal.

Well.. my dad was all cleveland, my mom was all pittsburgh, so I took Buffalo

I actually get my first name from mike krusylniski or however you spell his last name (pens player around 84ish.)

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 06:13 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Congrats on the Arena!

That's great news for Shero, the Pens, and their deserving fanbase.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 07:35 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Having been to a Pens game this year. (the one against the preds) I can tell you the fan base deserved this. As well as the team and Mario Lemieux. I don't think Nashville will leave and if they do Nashville fans can look at the corporations of Nashville and ****** marketing department of the preds for the reasons why.

hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySaviour View Post
I will preface this post by saying I am a die-hard Pittsburgh Penguin fan, who has black and gold in my blood (I served for 12 years as the Pens stickboy, and my grandfather has been with the team since the Mellon Arena opened and the only team around was the AHL Hornets).

That being said, I own two Nashville Predators jerseys (home and away), and in light of the new arena deal for the Pens being splashed across all reaches of the internet, I am here to offer my unconditional and unwavering support of the Preds from now until the day I die.

I would never wish what I've gone through these last few years on anyone, and I hope for nothing more than for all the relocation talk to go the way of the dinosaur. As much as I hate Peter Forsberg, I wish you guys nothing but the best of luck throughout the rest of the regular season and through the playoffs, even if success comes at the hands of my beloved 'guins. I want nothing more than to see a parade down the main streets of Nashville, with country music blazing and confetti flying, and chants of "we love our Preds!" being met with a resounding vote of insurance from the powers-that-be stating that no one, no city or mayor or billionaire will ever take this team from the people that love it, that have bled and cried with it, that have supported it from it's birth til it's ascension to hockey lore.

I want to extend a hand of friendship to my brethren in Nashville, and offer my support and admiration to a great hockey team in a town that deserves it.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Jaded-Fan

I think that you would be hard pressed to find a single Pens' fan who is not strongly in your corner. It sucks that the NHL expands into a market where they knew that they were starting from scratch and then do not give that market the time that they knew it would need without putting pressure on it. After the community committed millions as asked for an arena that still is new, and after taking millions in expansion bucks. I can not say how strongly I am against KC getting any team that has moved. An expansion team is about all I can stomach. I do not get this innocent routine that they pose at when a large part of building that arena was to steal a team from another market. I do not have to like that. You have this Pens fan on your side.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:22 PM
preddevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I think that you would be hard pressed to find a single Pens' fan who is not strongly in your corner. It sucks that the NHL expands into a market where they knew that they were starting from scratch and then do not give that market the time that they knew it would need without putting pressure on it. After the community committed millions as asked for an arena that still is new, and after taking millions in expansion bucks. I can not say how strongly I am against KC getting any team that has moved. An expansion team is about all I can stomach. I do not get this innocent routine that they pose at when a large part of building that arena was to steal a team from another market. I do not have to like that. You have this Pens fan on your side.
To be fair, I don't believe the NHL is putting any undue pressure on the team or the community. It's primarily various media outlets, local and otherwise, that are stirring up rumors to sell papers and such. Then it is compounded by folks from KC, Winnipeg, etc. spreading the rumors for their own purposes. There is also the "small markets south of Detroit shouldn't exist" crowd jumping on the bandwagon.

preddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
It sucks that the NHL expands into a market where they knew that they were starting from scratch and then do not give that market the time that they knew it would need...
Not only does the NHL not give the Preds time, save for the cap, they've not given the market ANY support. The NHL should be nationally marketing what is arguably their best franchise, yet they do virtually nothing because they've pigeon-holed themselves into a point where they are at the mercy of big name broadcasters.

The NHL has no idea how to grow the sport or to market themselves. This is a problem throughout North America. The Predators are the worst attended road team in the league behind the likes of Columbus, Florida, Phoenix, and LA. That's the state the NHL is in when opposing fans don't want to see what is arguably the most exciting, best team in the league any more than they want to see one of the least exciting, worst teams in the league.

What the NHL has done with Crosby has been satisfactory. But it seems as though that's about all they are willing to do. Outside of Sid the Kid, they've done very little to market their brighter franchises. I think they are very content with taking what the market is giving them as opposed to trying to create a market for their most marketable products.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Not only does the NHL not give the Preds time, save for the cap, they've not given the market ANY support. The NHL should be nationally marketing what is arguably their best franchise, yet they do virtually nothing because they've pigeon-holed themselves into a point where they are at the mercy of big name broadcasters.

The NHL has no idea how to grow the sport or to market themselves. This is a problem throughout North America. The Predators are the worst attended road team in the league behind the likes of Columbus, Florida, Phoenix, and LA. That's the state the NHL is in when opposing fans don't want to see what is arguably the most exciting, best team in the league any more than they want to see one of the least exciting, worst teams in the league.

What the NHL has done with Crosby has been satisfactory. But it seems as though that's about all they are willing to do. Outside of Sid the Kid, they've done very little to market their brighter franchises. I think they are very content with taking what the market is giving them as opposed to trying to create a market for their most marketable products.
I am in total agreement. Although the marketing has little to do with Nashville as a market. It just takes time. The Pens drew just over 6,000 when they started in 1967. As late as 1983 then owner Ed DeBartillo almost folded, not moved, but folded, the Pens because his indoor soccer team the Spirit outdrew them. It takes time to build a market. I do not think that the Preds will move in the end. If they would what in thw world makes KC think that their market will do any better? After the novelty factor, they would be what Nashville is, a market that would take time to build. I love how KC people keep saying how they 'need' a premade team like Pittsburgh or the Preds to succeed. Well duh, what does that tell you? Keep the Preds where they are. The NHL has almost a decade invested in building that market and it is doing just fine.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Hazeltherabbit

By the way, Good luck against the Sabres tonight. I hope you pop them!

Old
03-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Yea, make sure you take care of the Buffaloes tonight!

Thanks for your well-wishes, nobody wanted to see the Penguins leave. The Pens were my first favorite team, and continue to be my #2 in the East (well, besides the SenaPred coalition thing).

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Jarnberg

Thanks for the kind words. I've been rooting for you guys to get an arena deal. I've hated every stupid Pittsburgh to KC rumor and I was really happy when I saw that you guys got a deal done. The Penguins belong in Pittsburgh. A city with such history and a great fan base deserve their team, especially one that is on the upswing again.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
GLM

i would like to say similar sentiments that steelsavior said. after the ridiculousness that us pens fans went through, i wouldnt want any other fan of any sport to have to go thru what us pens fans went through. the thought of losing a favorite team was a disgusting thought. it was horrible each day they are staying or leaving, but now they are staying WAHOO!!

heres to the preds staying put!!!

GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac003 View Post
i would like to say similar sentiments that steelsavior said. after the ridiculousness that us pens fans went through, i wouldnt want any other fan of any sport to have to go thru what us pens fans went through. the thought of losing a favorite team was a disgusting thought. it was horrible each day they are staying or leaving, but now they are staying WAHOO!!

heres to the preds staying put!!!
Thanks! We have had our share of that BS too.
Cheers back at ya!

Old
03-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by preddevil View Post
To be fair, I don't believe the NHL is putting any undue pressure on the team or the community. It's primarily various media outlets, local and otherwise, that are stirring up rumors to sell papers and such. Then it is compounded by folks from KC, Winnipeg, etc. spreading the rumors for their own purposes. There is also the "small markets south of Detroit shouldn't exist" crowd jumping on the bandwagon.
It's Already started
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...y/16891515.htm
Quote:
If the reports are accurate, Kansas City will have to shift its attention to either another troubled NHL franchise, likely the Nashville Predators, or an NBA team, as an anchor tenant.

Some have speculated that because of the way AEG followed the lead of NHL commissioner Gary Bettman during the negotiations with the Penguins, Kansas City has put itself first in line for an NHL expansion team.

The Predators have the best record in the NHL but have struggled for corporate support, and owner Craig Leipold is putting 40 percent of the club on the market. The team has an escape clause in its lease, based on attendance, that would enable it to leave Nashville after the 2007-08 season.

Last edited by Gnashville: 03-13-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 07:29 PM
AdsSabresRule

Like I said in the Preds Media thread...

THIS was what I was afraid of...if a city has money, backers, and a will - they will find a way...That is why I was so disheartened by the Preds ownership issues, arena naming stuff, etc. this season. I just have a BAD feeling about the Preds in Nashville...I guess it won't affect the Ads here in Milwaukee, but I feel bad if you guys lose your club...Well, hopefully there will be nothing but positive affirmations from Leipold/Poile, and the Preds media over the next few months!

Last edited by AdsSabresRule: 03-13-2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: but...not nut!
AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Guy Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Nashville won't be the only city to have vultures circling above now that the Pens deal is done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2796883

Guy Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Firefighter Havok

Send a message via AIM to Firefighter Havok Send a message via MSN to Firefighter Havok
Here's to hoping that your team doesn't have to suffer the same way we did from the bad times on....

Firefighter Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:37 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I love the Pens. The whole city of Pittsburgh, really (but not quite as much as I love Nashville). I've spent a lot of time up there and in Johnstown where my family is from, so I'm a huge Pens, Pirates, Steelers and Pitt fan. Yes, I really do love the Pirates, even though it's been painful.

When I was at Pitt, you better believe I took advantage of the student rush tickets. Once me and a sorority sister (a big Ranger fan) went to a Pens/Rangers game and got SR tickets 7 rows from the glass. It was such a great game, too. The Pens won like 8-6, and I think Jagr had a hattrick. We went over by where the Rangers came out on the ice and were like, "OMG there's Messier, there's Leetch!" to almost every player that came by. They were just standing there waiting to come out on the ice looking at us like we were nuts. It was the best!

I just could not imagine Pittsburgh without the Pens. There's no way they could let that team leave, not with what they have right now and what they could have in the next few years.

I'm just so tired of reading all these gloom and doom pieces about the Preds. I really wish they would just shut up and get some facts before the go spouting off about stuff they don't know about. And stop trying to stir controversy with this crap in the Nashville media itself. When it's fans saying things, I chalk it up to bitterness that they lost to the Preds. They all want these southern teams to move, but can't see that doing that would hurt the league more than help it. I mean, they're so happy to hear about Japan getting a new ice rink, or Mexico or Puerto Rico hosting a game, but God forbid a team in the southern US try to grow the game of hockey.

Here's to the Penguins, Predators and 28 other healthy franchises!!!!!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 04:22 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

I just want to echo everyone else's sentiments.

We went through a lot in the past 8 years, and I'd never in a million years wish that on any other fanbase. KC or whoever can get their own franchise, leave the existing teams to their fans.

I'll be pulling for Nashville to come out of the west.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote