HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Red Wings @ Predators

Old
03-13-2007, 02:29 PM
predperson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMcKay View Post
Are they still throwing people out of the GEC for catfish tossing?
The last game where I saw a catfish tossed (the last game vs. the Wings), the guy that tossed the fish was back in his seat a few minutes later.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Radulov for Czar*

I wish I was goin tonight, but I do have a front couch seat reserved for all of it's HD glory!

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

We have to win this game.....in regulation. The Legwand line is going to need to carry us offensively AND Legwand is going to have to shut Datsyuk down defensively.

03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
irisheyes555

god can't this man stay healthy. foppa hit w/a puck in the morning skate.

vokie in, sully out.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../70313037/1028

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
god can't this man stay healthy. foppa hit w/a puck in the morning skate.

vokie in, sully out.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../70313037/1028
it's hard to say how this one will go, Im just hoping the home crowd swings the momentum.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Higgy4

Just wanted to say that I hope this matchup lives up to the expectations we all have for it.

Also wanted to express my appreciation for David Legwand. I have always liked him as a player and its great to see him finally putting it all together. I hate that he is a Predator, but I also appreciate a good player when I see one.

Good luck all. Lets stay healthy.

Higgy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Nordic*

Foppa injured while already being out of the team due to an injury.

That´s ironic...even for Foppa.

Detroit has a few guys out aswell so this might be a close call.

Z is worth more to Det than Forsberg is to Nash.

Im gonna go with 3-1 Nashville.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 06:09 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMcKay View Post
Are they still throwing people out of the GEC for catfish tossing?
Good luck to both teams. Hopefully the back to back games live up to their hype and we see some playoff type hockey. With the way the #5-8 teams are bunched in the West, I'm not sure if there is any advantage in Round I in finishing first, but in Round II and beyond the home ice in a potential 7 game series is huge.

Anyway ....... Why do they toss catfish on the ice in Nashville? What is the story behind that?

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames View Post
Good luck to both teams. Hopefully the back to back games live up to their hype and we see some playoff type hockey. With the way the #5-8 teams are bunched in the West, I'm not sure if there is any advantage in Round I in finishing first, but in Round II and beyond the home ice in a potential 7 game series is huge.

Anyway ....... Why do they toss catfish on the ice in Nashville? What is the story behind that?
Kinda copy of the Red Wings Octopi and it also ties in with the painted Catfish stautes around town that started about the same time.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:30 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Kinda copy of the Red Wings Octopi and it also ties in with the painted Catfish stautes around town that started about the same time.
Thanks

btw: Is this a pre-game only thread or a game day thread?

5-2 Wings, even with a ton of penalties tonight.

Good luck tomorrow night. Your not over the hump yet and still have to deal with the so called "Dead Things".

Old
03-13-2007, 09:53 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames View Post
Thanks

btw: Is this a pre-game only thread or a game day thread?

5-2 Wings, even with a ton of penalties tonight.

Good luck tomorrow night. Your not over the hump yet and still have to deal with the so called "Dead Things".
I'm going to venture a guess that most of the regulars were in attendance.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:56 PM
wingnut22

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a point to to whole catfish throwing thing?

wingnut22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:01 PM
oz615

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut22 View Post
Nashville's answer to Detroit's octopus

oz615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut22 View Post
it's a parady of detroit's octopus using a fish that is a popular delicacy of the region. having fun with both Detroit and Nashville, i guess.

I have to hand it to Osgood tonight. He had some stellar saves.

Our passing was not crisp tonight. When they were stacking the blue line on our penalty kills, our cutesy passes did nothing but create Detroit odd mans and offsides/tag ups. We scored twice on the power play tonight, but Detroit completely shut them down on every other one.

This is not the reason the Preds lost tonight, because Detroit has been banged up too, but I'm ready for the Peverely, Abid, Hordichuk, Tootoo, Fiddler, and Smithson filling 2 full lines every game era to come to an end. I'm fine with sitting Sully and Foppa until after the western canada trip, but it's painful to watch sometimes. It'll get even worse if Erat is out tomorrow.

That had to be the fewest Red Wings fans I have seen at the nashville arena. There were enough to have a presence, like they have at every visiting arena, but there used to be whole sections that were red and the red was very scattered tonight.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Those pitiful power plays in the third, down only a goal, pretty much sealed it.

Not much else to say, pretty rotten game.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:53 PM
braindead

A few observations having just made it back from the game:

Giving up a goal in the first stretch of each period really took the starch out of the Preds particularly the 1st and 3rd where we had/could have had some real momentum.

Great play on the bank pass by the Red Wings and the best that I have seen Ozzie in goal against the Preds. Also great PK by the Wings, particularly in the 3rd when we had a chance to tie it up.

Not a great game by TV in my opinion although I'm told the 4th goal went off of a skate.

This team really really misses Sully and Hartnell who I would argue are our two most important forwards this year. Sully's speed and ability to hang onto the puck (in addition to those fast break, cherry picking moves twice a game) and make the pass and Harts ability to create traffic are tough to live without.

I thought Leggy had trouble carrying the puck up the ice, explained by the post game show that he nearly didn't go tonight b/c of the flu. Good effort to gut it out.

Zids has lost his mojo. It's gone. It likely will not come back this year. He and Vish are battling it out for non-scoring out of position d-men but I give the edge to Vish b/c he occasionally runs over people, whereas Zids now never scores or makes the great pass.

Rads with a very solid game likely will be on the first line tomorrow.

Erat-- I'm guessing a knee. Did they say on the broadcast or could you tell from the replay? Lets pray sprain not ripped apart but the way he twisted around on that play looked bad.

I thought the effort in the 2nd was poor but 1st and 3rd not bad.

Suter with what I thought was a very good game and Weber with another strong outing.

I'm glad we are playing again tomorrow or this would be even harder to take. Lose tomorrow and I'll be in a funk for a while, although even then I think we still would have a decent chance of winning the division, which I would not have said a week ago.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

the first line on the whole, erat legwand kariya, had a bad game tonight, I thought. Dumont Arnott Radulov had most of our scoring chances, just couldn't finish them.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:02 PM
naihlflames

Some good observations and insight on the game. A little friendly exchange between opponents.

Weber and Radulov: I'm very impressed with both players, especially Weber. He plays very well for his age on D, looks like he likes to hit, and has a nice shot. Weber has future all star written all over him.

For the Wings, I'm high on Hudler and Filppula. Hudler is more one dimensionally with a nice shot, while Filppula just always seems to be in the right spot and a solid 2-way player.

I'm interested in the Preds take on Hudler and Filppula. ......

Old
03-14-2007, 01:58 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Vokoun didn't make the big saves. Osgood did. Vokoun made a few good saves, but some of those goals were really bad.

We played great in the first period. Then in the 2nd, Detroit just took over and we looked listless. They outworked us and we had no answer. We looked a little bit better in the third but not good enough.

Radu looked great. Him, Arnott and Dumont really played well. Hopefully Radu's goal will jumpstart him again. That was a great shot.

Those catfish didn't help.

And our players are dropping like flies. Someone is going to have to suck it up and play Wednesday night. With Detroit's cupcake schedule left, we can't afford to lose that game. Hopefully Erat's not hurt too seriously. Who's left to take his spot?

On the bright side, we did score 2 PPG's, the weather was beautiful and I think that was the least amount of red I've ever seen in the arena.

Hopefully they can bounce back and pull off a big win in Detroit.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:09 AM
jstreet

2 simple reasons for the loss

This loss is simple to explain and hard to swallow.

1. Detroit's positioning is simply flawless at every area of the ice, making it appear that they dont even have to work hard. The puck magnetically goes to each player. On the other hand, we are constantly out of position.

2. Osgood simply outplayed Vokoun by a huge margin.

I was also disappointed with Kariya. If you are a superstar, you cant be that invisible for 3 periods.

Old
03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Vokoun with two giant softies in the third period. Both goal 3 and Goal 4 had to be stopped....it cost us a point.

Offensively, I thought we played fine until the final 9 minutes when Detroit went into full lockdown mode. We had to convert on the PP to get back in, but we couldn't even get the puck into the zone (Timonen made about 4 bad passes on the breakout....terrible game for him).

Save for Vokoun, Zidlicky, and Timonen, I thought the rest of the team played hard. Kimmo had one of his worst games of the season.....made bad passes all night. Zidlicky was just flat out awful. That is the worst game I have EVER seen him play. He let guys skate around him on the boards when he was in perfect position to stop them, when he did try to stop people, they muscled through him or avoided his wimpy poke check.....he was out of position all night long: the - 5 was legitimate tonight. He pretty much played a large part in every goal occuring, save for the Arnott backpass to Filpula for a breakaway.

Smithson is the worst PKer about not getting the puck out.

We were hurting tonight ES because Legwand was not getting many minutes (Flu...barely able to play). Once Erat got hurt, things just got infinitely worse.

Its going to be tough winning tonight with an extremely sick Legwand and no Hartnell, Sullivan, Forsberg, and Erat.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Jarnberg

Paul Kariya pulled a magic trick last night. He disappeared right before our eyes.

I have to say, I love seeing Ramzi Abid and Vernon Fiddler out on a power play late in the third down a goal. I know Erat was injured, but give me a freaking break.

Arnott should have gotten an assist on Detroit's last goal. He beats Osgood and then drops it off to NO ONE.

Pretty disappointing effort by our team last night. The team played like garbage.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Paul Kariya pulled a magic trick last night. He disappeared right before our eyes.

I have to say, I love seeing Ramzi Abid and Vernon Fiddler out on a power play late in the third down a goal. I know Erat was injured, but give me a freaking break.

Arnott should have gotten an assist on Detroit's last goal. He beats Osgood and then drops it off to NO ONE.

Pretty disappointing effort by our team last night. The team played like garbage.
I thought they played excellent in the first, were outplayed in the second, and played well through 10 minutes in the third. Make no mistake about it. Vokoun letting in the huge soft goal at the start of the third CHANGED the game. The fourth goal was a backbreaker, and the fifth.....well the game was past the point of saving at that point.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Jarnberg

I do agree that we played a good first, but our outings in the second and third left much to be desired.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:20 AM
jstreet

yeah I just saw the stats, Zidlicky with a -5.

Im afraid we are going to get killed tonight. It's a puck possesion game, and Erat is the only pne who can bring the puck into the zone. Without him, this game gets harder to win.