HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OKC Barons 2013/14

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by namttebih View Post
Hey guys, Leaf fan in peace.

What was the biggest issue with Colton Teubert? The guy had so much potential and he's just disappeared to the German league. I remember seeing him at a Barons-Marlies game last year and he obviously stood out.

Thanks.
Doesn't have very good hockey sense, doesn't think the game well. The tools, the speed and size (with some skill), are there, but he doesn't make enough good decisions and so didn't have a future in the organization. I suspect he'll be a solid player in Europe for a long time, though.

Old
05-05-2014, 11:38 AM
namttebih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Doesn't have very good hockey sense, doesn't think the game well. The tools, the speed and size (with some skill), are there, but he doesn't make enough good decisions and so didn't have a future in the organization. I suspect he'll be a solid player in Europe for a long time, though.
Cheers

Probably see him in the Spengler cup for years I'm assuming.

Old
05-05-2014, 03:39 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by namttebih View Post
Hey guys, Leaf fan in peace.

What was the biggest issue with Colton Teubert? The guy had so much potential and he's just disappeared to the German league. I remember seeing him at a Barons-Marlies game last year and he obviously stood out.

Thanks.
I don't know about that. The "nasty stay-at-home defenseman" is probably the most overrated position in hockey, and people fall in love with these kinds of guys pretty easily (myself included...Jason Smith is/was one of my all-time favs), and when teams take them in the 1st round of the draft, they almost always come to regret it (McIlrath, Teubert, Fistric, Valabik).

But in Teubert's case, there were a lot of scouts who didn't have a 1st round grade on him at all, and questioned his hockey sense. Right from the start he was billed as a guy who was tough and nasty, but couldn't move the puck and had questionable hockey sense.

05-05-2014, 05:02 PM
OilerPensfan94
Eh!

vCash: 550
Damn, I forgot round 1 was best of five. Too bad.

Old
05-10-2014, 12:20 PM
halorex

All the games were close... saw a TON of tenacity and heart - that stuff takes over when talent is matched.

Old
05-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by halorex View Post
All the games were close... saw a TON of tenacity and heart - that stuff takes over when talent is matched.
I'd love to hear some of your takes on some of our better and younger players down there since you are likely one of very few here who actually saw the games live.

05-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

They blew 2 third period leads and lost in OT. Just a lack of experience really, IMO.

Old
05-21-2014, 05:07 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
Ok guys with Moroz, Khraira (maybe) and Yakimov on next year's line-up what are your predictions:

Horak- Lander - Pitlick/???
C.Hamilton - Yakimov - A.Miller
Moroz - Ewanyk - Holmberg
Winquist - Combs - Fyten

Or

Horak - Yakimov - Pitlick
Moroz - Khraira - Holmberg/Miller
Hamilton - Ewanyk - Miller/Holmberg
Winquist - Combs/Strech - Fyten
and what about the defence?

Old
05-21-2014, 07:10 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
Simpson-Fedun
Davidson-Gernat
Gustafsson-Musil
Oesterle

is my prediction for the defence.

Old
05-21-2014, 10:13 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Simpson-Fedun
Davidson-Gernat
Gustafsson-Musil
Oesterle

is my prediction for the defence.
I don't think Fedun will be back.

Old
06-03-2014, 03:00 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Nice! Matthew Ford signed an AHL deal for next season.

I was hoping they were going to be able to keep him around.

http://okcbarons.com/index.cfm?fa=pr...E-59A23F1F02CC

Old
08-10-2014, 09:28 AM
OilBuoy

Here's what we're looking at for a possible OKC Barons lineup this coming season:

Forwards
Ryan Hamilton-Jason Williams-Tyler Pitlick
Curtis Hamilton-Bogdan Yakimov-Andrew Miller
Mitch Moroz-Jujhar Khaira-Iiro Pakarinen
Travis Ewanyk-Will Acton-Steve Pinizzotto
Kaley Kessy/Matt Ford

Defense
Oscar Klefbom-David Musil
Brad Hunt-Brandon Davidson
Martin Gernat-Dillon Simpson
Jordan Oesterle

Goalies
Richard Bachman
Laurent Brossoit

ECHL Bound: Tyler Bunz, Frans Tuohimaa, Graeme Craig, CJ Ludwig, Mitch Holmberg, Kellen Jones, Connor Jones, Josh Winquist and Ty Rimmer also being sent somewhere else (possibly back to the CHL's Quad City?)

Old
08-10-2014, 01:24 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:
Originally Posted by udontnohockey View Post
Here's what we're looking at for a possible OKC Barons lineup this coming season:
Unless they get claimed on waivers, I think we could also see Lander and/or Arcobello and Joensuu to bolster the ranks. Could actually be a pretty decent AHL team, and it'll be really interesting to see what Klefbom and Musil can do getting big minutes, as well as how our centre depth looks in Yakimov and Khaira. Obviously Moroz will be fun to watch as well.

Old
08-13-2014, 11:59 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
Unless they get claimed on waivers, I think we could also see Lander and/or Arcobello and Joensuu to bolster the ranks. Could actually be a pretty decent AHL team, and it'll be really interesting to see what Klefbom and Musil can do getting big minutes, as well as how our centre depth looks in Yakimov and Khaira. Obviously Moroz will be fun to watch as well.
I will be very surprised if either Lander or Arcobello start the year in the AHL. Both have nothing to prove at the AHL level and both have shown that they belong in the NHL (Arcobello more than Lander at this point).

provided there are no further trades, the depth chart looks something like this:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Draisatl-Yakupov
Pouliot-Arcobello-Purcell
Hendricks-Gordon-Lander

With Gazdic likely occupying a press box as 13th forward, it will likely come down to Joenssu competing for a final roster spot with Pitlick, Horak, R.Hamilton and wild cards like Moroz, Khaira, Chase, Yakimov, Ewanyk.

Old
08-14-2014, 07:52 AM
OilBuoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
With Gazdic likely occupying a press box as 13th forward, it will likely come down to Joenssu competing for a final roster spot with Pitlick, Horak, R.Hamilton and wild cards like Moroz, Khaira, Chase, Yakimov, Ewanyk.
I think the last spot will come down to Joensuu, Pitlick or Pinizzotto. Horak is playing KHL this year and won't even be at camp. Chase will 99% be back in the WHL as it's NHL or junior for him. Moroz, Khaira and Yakimov will be NA pro rookies and likely spend most if not all year in the AHL. Also see Ewanyk spending the entire season back in OKC getting regular minutes. Ryan Hamilton could compete for the last spot as well but I see him more as an AHL vet at this point in his career who provides leadership to the younger guys in the minors and is a capable body as an injury call-up.

If Pitlick needs to clear waivers to go down this year then that might force the Oilers hand to keep him up as he's more likely to be plucked off the waiver wire than Joensuu or Pinizzotto.

Old
08-14-2014, 12:24 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
I will be very surprised if either Lander or Arcobello start the year in the AHL. Both have nothing to prove at the AHL level and both have shown that they belong in the NHL (Arcobello more than Lander at this point).
I think it'll depend on training camp for two reasons. One, either or both might stink up the joint at TC. Two, other teams will be moving around pieces and waiving various players, and undoubtedly some will be centres. We may be able to find a better player than Lander or Arcobello on waivers, although certainly not a legit or even stopgap #2C option.

There's also the memory of Lander's efforts outside of the top 6 last year. He actually looks OK there, but he's completely ineffective on the 4th line. Either way he wasn't scoring any points, but he got some chances playing top 6. There might be a better option than him for 4th line duties, and then I think it's down to him and Arco for the last C spot, with the other going to OKC.

Old
10-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Dazed and Confused

So with most of the waivers now done, how does the team look?

Hamilton-Lander-Williams
Miller-Yakimov-Ford
Hamilton-Pitlick-Pinizzotto
Moroz-Ewanyk-Parkainen

Marincin-
Simpson-
Aulie-
Davidson-
Gernat-
Musil-
Oesterle-

Bachman
Brossoit

The forward core looks really nice, as does the goaltending, but the defence's likely going to be a mess. Marincin is going to get a lot of prime minutes, as I don't see any real offencive defenceman there. Also 3 guys are going to be forced to play on their offside while they try and learn the AHL game... That should lead to some fun moments...

Old
10-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post

Hamilton-Lander-Williams
Miller-Yakimov-Ford
Moroz-Ewanyk-Parkainen

Marincin-
Simpson-
Aulie-
Davidson-
Gernat-
Musil-
Oesterle-

Bachman
Brossoit

The forward core looks really nice, as does the goaltending, but the defence's likely going to be a mess. Marincin is going to get a lot of prime minutes, as I don't see any real offencive defenceman there. Also 3 guys are going to be forced to play on their offside while they try and learn the AHL game... That should lead to some fun moments...
The big omission I see here is no Jujhar Khaira who EDM will no doubt want playing C down here. A C will have to move to wing most likely, and I think Williams is obvious choice as it's important Lander, Yakimov, Khaira & Ewanyk get their reps at center.
Hard pressed finding time for everyone. The barons have about 14 AHL quality forwards.

Williams
Yakimov
Khaira
Lander
Ewanyk
Kessy
Ford
Pitlick
Pinizotto
Moroz
C. Hamilton
R. Hamilton
Miller
Pakarinen

Old
10-07-2014, 11:06 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
The big omission I see here is no Jujhar Khaira who EDM will no doubt want playing C down here. A C will have to move to wing most likely, and I think Williams is obvious choice as it's important Lander, Yakimov, Khaira & Ewanyk get their reps at center.
Hard pressed finding time for everyone. The barons have about 14 AHL quality forwards.

Williams
Yakimov
Khaira
Lander
Ewanyk
Kessy
Ford
Pitlick
Pinizotto
Moroz
C. Hamilton
R. Hamilton
Miller
Pakarinen
Pitlick has spent next to no time at C since leaving college, so I'd say he's probably the #1 candidate to move to the wing. I could see JJ playing some wing as well.

Old
10-07-2014, 12:07 PM
LTIR

vCash: 300
The defense should be good as well..

Aulie-Osterle should be rock solid at AHL level.. Marincin-Gernat is as good a pairing as any in AHL. Simpson, Davidson, Musil should all be good at AHL level this year.

Old
10-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Pitlick has spent next to no time at C since leaving college, so I'd say he's probably the #1 candidate to move to the wing. I could see JJ playing some wing as well.
I already had pitlick pencilled into the wing. Out of the 5 C that I was referring to it was Yakimov, Lander, Williams, Khaira and Ewanyk. I would assume these guys would all be regulars, so one of those 5 will need to make the move to wing.

Old
10-07-2014, 04:38 PM
LTIR

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
I already had pitlick pencilled into the wing. Out of the 5 C that I was referring to it was Yakimov, Lander, Williams, Khaira and Ewanyk. I would assume these guys would all be regulars, so one of those 5 will need to make the move to wing.
nice problem to have
Team looks strong and well balanced on paper minus the lack of RHDs.
Should be a good team to follow closely for sure.

Old
10-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
nice problem to have
Team looks strong and well balanced on paper minus the lack of RHDs.
Should be a good team to follow closely for sure.
Indeed. OKC will definitely be able to roll 4 lines on a nightly basis.

Old
10-08-2014, 02:19 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post

Hamilton-Lander-Williams
Miller-Yakimov-Ford
Moroz-Ewanyk-Parkainen

Marincin-
Simpson-
Aulie-
Davidson-
Gernat-
Musil-
Oesterle-

Bachman
Brossoit

How so? Marincin can easily play 25 mins a night and do well. Aulie has played more than 130 games in the NHL--he should be able to play against top competition in the AHL. Musil and Davidson should be good enough for a mid pairing. Simpson has potential. Overall, the defence might be a little green, but once Hunt goes down, it will be more than fine.

Old
10-08-2014, 03:23 AM
OiledUp

How did the team look in their first pre-season games. Anyone stand out?

Closed Thread