HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Lars Eller?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2014, 05:22 PM
  #851
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
How many of those 6500 posts are bashing him and how many are defending him? How many are actually about Eller or Galchenyuk? How many are bashing Therrien for using him the way he is?

The reason Bourque doesn't have 15 threads bashing him is because everyone agrees he sucks so there's not much to say. DD has lots of threads because he's defended when people bash him.
So you actually believe there are 50 DD lovers to a few Eller lovers(whatever that ratio is)? Umm...okay, if you say so...

The reason Bourque doesn't have so many bashing threads is because he's not given top line minutes, top line PP minutes, top line wingers, top line everything on a silver platter the way DD is. If he was in DD's situation, and doing just as bad/good, I'm sure there would be quite a number of threads on him as well.

pepperMonkey is offline  
Old
02-12-2014, 05:44 PM
  #852
Sorinth
Registered User
 
Sorinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
So you actually believe there are 50 DD lovers to a few Eller lovers(whatever that ratio is)? Umm...okay, if you say so...

The reason Bourque doesn't have so many bashing threads is because he's not given top line minutes, top line PP minutes, top line wingers, top line everything on a silver platter the way DD is. If he was in DD's situation, and doing just as bad/good, I'm sure there would be quite a number of threads on him as well.
How many Gomez bashing threads were there? Not that many because everyone agreed he sucks so they never went very far.

I think DD has more lovers than Eller does. But he also has more haters than Eller has.

Sorinth is offline  
Old
02-12-2014, 07:54 PM
  #853
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post

I think DD has more lovers than Eller does. But he also has more haters than Eller has.
How in the hell does this matter?

Has HFBoards degenerated into a Middle School chat forum where people talk about who is more popular and who is in the right clique?

Oy.....

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
02-12-2014, 09:02 PM
  #854
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
How many Gomez bashing threads were there? Not that many because everyone agreed he sucks so they never went very far.

I think DD has more lovers than Eller does. But he also has more haters than Eller has.
Name the people who feel DD is a legit long term solution on 2nd line.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 12:27 AM
  #855
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
It's unfortunate that Galchenyuk and Bournival are injured but the Habs can still use the Olympic break to experiment with some new line combinations.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 12:41 AM
  #856
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Name the people who feel DD is a legit long term solution on 2nd line.
not many do, but the funny part is while most DD defenders dont think is a long term solution on the 2ND line... they're ok with him being on the 1ST offensive line for now...

think about it for a moment...



ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-13-2014, 12:42 AM
  #857
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It's unfortunate that Galchenyuk and Bournival are injured but the Habs can still use the Olympic break to experiment with some new line combinations.
doubt they will experiment... DD line seems to be set in stone, same for the Gionta-Plekanec duo and Prust and Bourque being on the 3rd line...

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-13-2014, 02:20 AM
  #858
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
How many Gomez bashing threads were there? Not that many because everyone agreed he sucks so they never went very far.

I think DD has more lovers than Eller does. But he also has more haters than Eller has.
Err... there weren't as many as DD but you are totally wrong about Gomez. Post counts on his threads were still in the thousands
I agree with your last sentence except I don't think there are many who actually "love" DD. Defend him sure. See him as an NHL caliber player, sure. See him as more offensively better than Eller, sure. But love? I don't think there is any one who even thinks he's a legit 1st line center.

pepperMonkey is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
  #859
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
not many do, but the funny part is while most DD defenders dont think is a long term solution on the 2ND line... they're ok with him being on the 1ST offensive line for now...

think about it for a moment...


I'm more concerned with Eller is a long term solution at 2nd line C than DD as a temporary one as 1st line offensive C.

Long term=/=short term.

It's easier to accept something temporary. Especially when it's the BEST alternative for the CURRENT roster.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 06:25 PM
  #860
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Bumping this thread instead of making another one about Lars Eller.

Ok, so by taking a look at our "Real Season" stats, this guy is our best center right now with 8 points in 9 games... while on the third line. I think this is good enough for him to earn a spot in the top 6 next year and I wouldn't be bothered by him centering our first.

Lets compare his stats to our "supposed" #1 center Desharnais. DD has 3 POWERPLAY POINTS in the real season, while non of Eller's 8 points are from the PP.

What will be Therrien's excuse to not let him center our first line? that Eller had better wingers than DD during the playoffs? thats ridiculous, I'm not a Therrien hater but am tired of our high performers not being rewarded.

Plekanec is still good, so I would like him to return as our #2 C. Eller has really proven himself in the post season and I can see him being a 65 point center in the regular season.

PLEASE let the line ups look like this starting next year:

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Vrbata
Prust - Briere - Weise

**DD is traded to Nashville for Ellis

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Ellis
Tinordi - Weaver
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Budaj

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 06:33 PM
  #861
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Bumping this thread instead of making another one about Lars Eller.

Ok, so by taking a look at our "Real Season" stats, this guy is our best center right now with 8 points in 9 games... while on the third line. I think this is good enough for him to earn a spot in the top 6 next year and I wouldn't be bothered by him centering our first.

Lets compare his stats to our "supposed" #1 center Desharnais. DD has 3 POWERPLAY POINTS in the real season, while non of Eller's 8 points are from the PP.

What will be Therrien's excuse to not let him center our first line? that Eller had better wingers than DD during the playoffs? thats ridiculous, I'm not a Therrien hater but am tired of our high performers not being rewarded.

Plekanec is still good, so I would like him to return as our #2 C. Eller has really proven himself in the post season and I can see him being a 65 point center in the regular season.

PLEASE let the line ups look like this starting next year:

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Vrbata
Prust - Briere - Weise

**DD is traded to Nashville for Ellis

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Ellis
Tinordi - Weaver
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Budaj
So in the span of two weeks, Eller deserves to be our first line center although: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...57&postcount=1 in this post you say he should be traded for a 4th round pick. Talk about being bipolar

Chris Cutter is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 06:44 PM
  #862
Impossible Glory
Registered User
 
Impossible Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Shore
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
What is really impressive about Eller is that his whole production came without PP time. He can really play, we all knew it wasn't a question of a talent but a question of putting it all together. Still, that's a small sample size, he was great at the begining of the year but couldn't keep up for the rest of the season (MT didn't help for that though).

That raises another question though, he's playing great and actually can't really do more than he did from the third line. Why hasn't he earn PP ice time? I'm not talking about him being on the first unit or even on very PP but, with that type of performance shouldn't he get at least an opportuniy once in a while?

Impossible Glory is online now  
Old
05-11-2014, 06:48 PM
  #863
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Eller just has ridiculous confidence issues. The guy would fumble the puck for absolutely no reason when he was down earlier this season. Now he's flying through the neutral zone right at the bruins with the puck on a string.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 07:16 PM
  #864
Smokey Thompson
Registered User
 
Smokey Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Eller just has ridiculous confidence issues. The guy would fumble the puck for absolutely no reason when he was down earlier this season. Now he's flying through the neutral zone right at the bruins with the puck on a string.
It really is a treat to watch.

During the lockout shortened season he seemed to keep some level of consistency throughout the the season, so he has showed that he's capable of being confident for extended periods of time. Maybe he just needs to be coddled or treated in a different manner from the coaching staff? I don't know.

But when he has his confidence, he is a huge boost for this team. Even if he's on the 3rd line.

Smokey Thompson is online now  
Old
05-11-2014, 07:19 PM
  #865
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Eller just has ridiculous confidence issues. The guy would fumble the puck for absolutely no reason when he was down earlier this season. Now he's flying through the neutral zone right at the bruins with the puck on a string.
Could you blame him? One mistake and he's stapled to the bench. A guy he's better than gets every opportunity to produce. He gets no PP time, worst wingers, etc. I don't blame him at all.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 08:05 PM
  #866
MD thaivuN
Muy Dangerous
 
MD thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
It really is a treat to watch.

During the lockout shortened season he seemed to keep some level of consistency throughout the the season, so he has showed that he's capable of being confident for extended periods of time. Maybe he just needs to be coddled or treated in a different manner from the coaching staff? I don't know.

But when he has his confidence, he is a huge boost for this team. Even if he's on the 3rd line.
It would help if he gets a little bit of PP time or a little more O-zone starts

MD thaivuN is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 08:14 PM
  #867
Winter Eclipse
Registered User
 
Winter Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Bumping this thread instead of making another one about Lars Eller.

Ok, so by taking a look at our "Real Season" stats, this guy is our best center right now with 8 points in 9 games... while on the third line. I think this is good enough for him to earn a spot in the top 6 next year and I wouldn't be bothered by him centering our first.

Lets compare his stats to our "supposed" #1 center Desharnais. DD has 3 POWERPLAY POINTS in the real season, while non of Eller's 8 points are from the PP.

What will be Therrien's excuse to not let him center our first line? that Eller had better wingers than DD during the playoffs? thats ridiculous, I'm not a Therrien hater but am tired of our high performers not being rewarded.

Plekanec is still good, so I would like him to return as our #2 C. Eller has really proven himself in the post season and I can see him being a 65 point center in the regular season.

PLEASE let the line ups look like this starting next year:

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Vrbata
Prust - Briere - Weise

**DD is traded to Nashville for Ellis

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Ellis
Tinordi - Weaver
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Budaj
I'm a fan of Eller, but in no way do I see him as a #1C. He's actually an ideal 3rd line guy, as I think the POs have shown.

The issue with DD isn't his talent/size; he's been the best player on his line every game, and usually by a very wide margin.

His two issues are (1) the vast amount of offensive capital MT invests in him, and (2) that he's the most expendable of all the Habs' centers: he can't take on the defensive roles the team asks of Plekanec and Eller, and Galchenyuk has a higher ceiling than DD, so...

Eller should be kept not because he's a #1C, but because he's a more versatile #3C than DD.

Winter Eclipse is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 08:25 PM
  #868
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Rapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
So in the span of two weeks, Eller deserves to be our first line center although: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...57&postcount=1 in this post you say he should be traded for a 4th round pick. Talk about being bipolar
For those who have backed Eller since day one there was always the belief that we had our 2 way who could eventually replace TP. People jump all over him because he doesn't have the play making ability of a DD. Which is essentially a crock his playmaking ability is just different. Has anyone noticed and three separate plays leading to goals bears this out. His playmaking ability shines in a north/south game. The ability to put the puck on someones stick in full flight and set them in free requires both talent and vision.
The greatest knock in Eller has been his holding on to the puck too long with the play eventually fizzing.
Three things here.
1)why is no credit given to the fact that he seems to be the only player on the team that can actually control the puck for any length of time in this manner.
2) Where are his support players why are they not free and calling for the puck. Lars is often left with nothing but trying to force a play that eventually gets him in trouble.
3)Lars often eats the puck because of 2)

We have something very special here and I don't think we've utilized it properly at all.

Rapala is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 08:25 PM
  #869
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 10,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
So in the span of two weeks, Eller deserves to be our first line center although: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...57&postcount=1 in this post you say he should be traded for a 4th round pick. Talk about being bipolar
Not often do I post a reply like this one, but boy, oh boy, talked about being OWNED!


GoodKiwi is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:45 AM
  #870
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,422
vCash: 500
unless I missed the other Eller thread.

How come he's not getting his props? He was outstanding tonight. Backchecking, puck possession, board work, face offs, PK.

He clears the zone singlehandedly with so much poise. Even starting to show more of his passing which was advertised when we acquired him.

I can't think of a forward who's excelled in so many different areas these playoffs. Great production too. 17th in scoring while playing less games than most above him and tied with him.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:53 AM
  #871
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
He looks like a top-6 centre. It's incredible how well he's playing.

Draft is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:58 AM
  #872
Bryson
Registered User
 
Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
unless I missed the other Eller thread.

How come he's not getting his props? He was outstanding tonight. Backchecking, puck possession, board work, face offs, PK.

He clears the zone singlehandedly with so much poise. Even starting to show more of his passing which was advertised when we acquired him.

I can't think of a forward who's excelled in so many different areas these playoffs. Great production too. 17th in scoring while playing less games than most above him and tied with him.

Bryson is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 01:07 AM
  #873
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
He looks like a top-6 centre. It's incredible how well he's playing.
and in so many different areas. and not just good in all those areas but really really good. some of those puck possession shifts he had were just unreal.

i can't say enough how impressed I was with how he'd get the puck out of our zone and this would be after some terrific back checking.

You can see now that the confidence is back he's made some really really nice passes all series long.

I think his IQ/decision-making is directly linked to his confidence. Haven't seen him make any bad decisions with the puck in a long long time.

Scored some big goals. Perfect 2a/2b center at the moment. I think he's directly under PK and Price so far these playoffs in terms of most valuable to our team.

If he didn't get injured I think that Ottawa series is different too.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 01:24 AM
  #874
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Rapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
He looks like a top-6 centre. It's incredible how well he's playing.
He has no vision
Gio could have potted 3,tonight thanks to Lars.

Rapala is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 01:26 AM
  #875
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,341
vCash: 500
He made three passes tonight in the neutral zone that sent players on a break or partial break. Gionta twice and I believe Weise was the other.

He's actually done it a few times in the POs. We saw the same pass with Subban earlier in the series as well Gionta in the first round.

Andy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.