HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Lars Eller?

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2014, 05:22 PM
pepperMonkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
How many of those 6500 posts are bashing him and how many are defending him? How many are actually about Eller or Galchenyuk? How many are bashing Therrien for using him the way he is?

The reason Bourque doesn't have 15 threads bashing him is because everyone agrees he sucks so there's not much to say. DD has lots of threads because he's defended when people bash him.
So you actually believe there are 50 DD lovers to a few Eller lovers(whatever that ratio is)? Umm...okay, if you say so...

The reason Bourque doesn't have so many bashing threads is because he's not given top line minutes, top line PP minutes, top line wingers, top line everything on a silver platter the way DD is. If he was in DD's situation, and doing just as bad/good, I'm sure there would be quite a number of threads on him as well.

Old
02-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
So you actually believe there are 50 DD lovers to a few Eller lovers(whatever that ratio is)? Umm...okay, if you say so...

The reason Bourque doesn't have so many bashing threads is because he's not given top line minutes, top line PP minutes, top line wingers, top line everything on a silver platter the way DD is. If he was in DD's situation, and doing just as bad/good, I'm sure there would be quite a number of threads on him as well.
How many Gomez bashing threads were there? Not that many because everyone agreed he sucks so they never went very far.

I think DD has more lovers than Eller does. But he also has more haters than Eller has.

Old
02-12-2014, 07:54 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:

I think DD has more lovers than Eller does. But he also has more haters than Eller has.
How in the hell does this matter?

Has HFBoards degenerated into a Middle School chat forum where people talk about who is more popular and who is in the right clique?

Oy.....

Old
02-12-2014, 09:02 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
How many Gomez bashing threads were there? Not that many because everyone agreed he sucks so they never went very far.

Name the people who feel DD is a legit long term solution on 2nd line.

Old
02-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Teufelsdreck

It's unfortunate that Galchenyuk and Bournival are injured but the Habs can still use the Olympic break to experiment with some new line combinations.

Old
02-13-2014, 12:41 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Name the people who feel DD is a legit long term solution on 2nd line.
not many do, but the funny part is while most DD defenders dont think is a long term solution on the 2ND line... they're ok with him being on the 1ST offensive line for now...

think about it for a moment...

Old
02-13-2014, 12:42 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It's unfortunate that Galchenyuk and Bournival are injured but the Habs can still use the Olympic break to experiment with some new line combinations.
doubt they will experiment... DD line seems to be set in stone, same for the Gionta-Plekanec duo and Prust and Bourque being on the 3rd line...

Old
02-13-2014, 02:20 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:

Err... there weren't as many as DD but you are totally wrong about Gomez. Post counts on his threads were still in the thousands
I agree with your last sentence except I don't think there are many who actually "love" DD. Defend him sure. See him as an NHL caliber player, sure. See him as more offensively better than Eller, sure. But love? I don't think there is any one who even thinks he's a legit 1st line center.

Old
02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
not many do, but the funny part is while most DD defenders dont think is a long term solution on the 2ND line... they're ok with him being on the 1ST offensive line for now...

think about it for a moment...

I'm more concerned with Eller is a long term solution at 2nd line C than DD as a temporary one as 1st line offensive C.

Long term=/=short term.

It's easier to accept something temporary. Especially when it's the BEST alternative for the CURRENT roster.

Old
05-11-2014, 06:25 PM
HabsRockBruinsChoke

Bumping this thread instead of making another one about Lars Eller.

Ok, so by taking a look at our "Real Season" stats, this guy is our best center right now with 8 points in 9 games... while on the third line. I think this is good enough for him to earn a spot in the top 6 next year and I wouldn't be bothered by him centering our first.

Lets compare his stats to our "supposed" #1 center Desharnais. DD has 3 POWERPLAY POINTS in the real season, while non of Eller's 8 points are from the PP.

What will be Therrien's excuse to not let him center our first line? that Eller had better wingers than DD during the playoffs? thats ridiculous, I'm not a Therrien hater but am tired of our high performers not being rewarded.

Plekanec is still good, so I would like him to return as our #2 C. Eller has really proven himself in the post season and I can see him being a 65 point center in the regular season.

PLEASE let the line ups look like this starting next year:

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Vrbata
Prust - Briere - Weise

**DD is traded to Nashville for Ellis

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Ellis
Tinordi - Weaver
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Budaj

Old
05-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post

Ok, so by taking a look at our "Real Season" stats, this guy is our best center right now with 8 points in 9 games... while on the third line. I think this is good enough for him to earn a spot in the top 6 next year and I wouldn't be bothered by him centering our first.

Lets compare his stats to our "supposed" #1 center Desharnais. DD has 3 POWERPLAY POINTS in the real season, while non of Eller's 8 points are from the PP.

What will be Therrien's excuse to not let him center our first line? that Eller had better wingers than DD during the playoffs? thats ridiculous, I'm not a Therrien hater but am tired of our high performers not being rewarded.

Plekanec is still good, so I would like him to return as our #2 C. Eller has really proven himself in the post season and I can see him being a 65 point center in the regular season.

Prust - Briere - Weise

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Ellis
Tinordi - Weaver
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Budaj
So in the span of two weeks, Eller deserves to be our first line center although: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...57&postcount=1 in this post you say he should be traded for a 4th round pick. Talk about being bipolar

Old
05-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Impossible Glory

What is really impressive about Eller is that his whole production came without PP time. He can really play, we all knew it wasn't a question of a talent but a question of putting it all together. Still, that's a small sample size, he was great at the begining of the year but couldn't keep up for the rest of the season (MT didn't help for that though).

That raises another question though, he's playing great and actually can't really do more than he did from the third line. Why hasn't he earn PP ice time? I'm not talking about him being on the first unit or even on very PP but, with that type of performance shouldn't he get at least an opportuniy once in a while?

Old
05-11-2014, 06:48 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Eller just has ridiculous confidence issues. The guy would fumble the puck for absolutely no reason when he was down earlier this season. Now he's flying through the neutral zone right at the bruins with the puck on a string.

Old
05-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Eller just has ridiculous confidence issues. The guy would fumble the puck for absolutely no reason when he was down earlier this season. Now he's flying through the neutral zone right at the bruins with the puck on a string.
It really is a treat to watch.

During the lockout shortened season he seemed to keep some level of consistency throughout the the season, so he has showed that he's capable of being confident for extended periods of time. Maybe he just needs to be coddled or treated in a different manner from the coaching staff? I don't know.

But when he has his confidence, he is a huge boost for this team. Even if he's on the 3rd line.

Old
05-11-2014, 07:19 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Could you blame him? One mistake and he's stapled to the bench. A guy he's better than gets every opportunity to produce. He gets no PP time, worst wingers, etc. I don't blame him at all.

Old
05-11-2014, 08:05 PM
MD thaivuN
Muy Dangerous

vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
It really is a treat to watch.

During the lockout shortened season he seemed to keep some level of consistency throughout the the season, so he has showed that he's capable of being confident for extended periods of time. Maybe he just needs to be coddled or treated in a different manner from the coaching staff? I don't know.

But when he has his confidence, he is a huge boost for this team. Even if he's on the 3rd line.
It would help if he gets a little bit of PP time or a little more O-zone starts

Old
05-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post

Prust - Briere - Weise

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Ellis
Tinordi - Weaver
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Budaj
I'm a fan of Eller, but in no way do I see him as a #1C. He's actually an ideal 3rd line guy, as I think the POs have shown.

The issue with DD isn't his talent/size; he's been the best player on his line every game, and usually by a very wide margin.

His two issues are (1) the vast amount of offensive capital MT invests in him, and (2) that he's the most expendable of all the Habs' centers: he can't take on the defensive roles the team asks of Plekanec and Eller, and Galchenyuk has a higher ceiling than DD, so...

Eller should be kept not because he's a #1C, but because he's a more versatile #3C than DD.

Old
05-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
So in the span of two weeks, Eller deserves to be our first line center although: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...57&postcount=1 in this post you say he should be traded for a 4th round pick. Talk about being bipolar
For those who have backed Eller since day one there was always the belief that we had our 2 way who could eventually replace TP. People jump all over him because he doesn't have the play making ability of a DD. Which is essentially a crock his playmaking ability is just different. Has anyone noticed and three separate plays leading to goals bears this out. His playmaking ability shines in a north/south game. The ability to put the puck on someones stick in full flight and set them in free requires both talent and vision.
The greatest knock in Eller has been his holding on to the puck too long with the play eventually fizzing.
Three things here.
1)why is no credit given to the fact that he seems to be the only player on the team that can actually control the puck for any length of time in this manner.
2) Where are his support players why are they not free and calling for the puck. Lars is often left with nothing but trying to force a play that eventually gets him in trouble.
3)Lars often eats the puck because of 2)

We have something very special here and I don't think we've utilized it properly at all.

Old
05-11-2014, 08:25 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Not often do I post a reply like this one, but boy, oh boy, talked about being OWNED!

Old
05-15-2014, 12:45 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

unless I missed the other Eller thread.

How come he's not getting his props? He was outstanding tonight. Backchecking, puck possession, board work, face offs, PK.

He clears the zone singlehandedly with so much poise. Even starting to show more of his passing which was advertised when we acquired him.

I can't think of a forward who's excelled in so many different areas these playoffs. Great production too. 17th in scoring while playing less games than most above him and tied with him.

Old
05-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Draft

He looks like a top-6 centre. It's incredible how well he's playing.

Old
05-15-2014, 12:58 AM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
unless I missed the other Eller thread.

How come he's not getting his props? He was outstanding tonight. Backchecking, puck possession, board work, face offs, PK.

He clears the zone singlehandedly with so much poise. Even starting to show more of his passing which was advertised when we acquired him.

I can't think of a forward who's excelled in so many different areas these playoffs. Great production too. 17th in scoring while playing less games than most above him and tied with him.

Old
05-15-2014, 01:07 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
and in so many different areas. and not just good in all those areas but really really good. some of those puck possession shifts he had were just unreal.

i can't say enough how impressed I was with how he'd get the puck out of our zone and this would be after some terrific back checking.

You can see now that the confidence is back he's made some really really nice passes all series long.

I think his IQ/decision-making is directly linked to his confidence. Haven't seen him make any bad decisions with the puck in a long long time.

Scored some big goals. Perfect 2a/2b center at the moment. I think he's directly under PK and Price so far these playoffs in terms of most valuable to our team.

If he didn't get injured I think that Ottawa series is different too.

Old
05-15-2014, 01:24 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
He has no vision
Gio could have potted 3,tonight thanks to Lars.

Old
05-15-2014, 01:26 AM
Andy

He made three passes tonight in the neutral zone that sent players on a break or partial break. Gionta twice and I believe Weise was the other.

He's actually done it a few times in the POs. We saw the same pass with Subban earlier in the series as well Gionta in the first round.

Closed Thread