HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

USPHL 2014-15 Season Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2014, 10:37 PM
  #26
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Day 1 Spring Showcase Recap: http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...day-recap.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 08:36 AM
  #27
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB51Hockey View Post
Good writeup, seems you missed a game though

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 07:11 PM
  #28
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Good writeup, seems you missed a game though
Yes, accidentally I did. I'll never hear the end of it from the parents

Day 2 Recap: http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...day-recap.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 04:19 PM
  #29
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Boston Jr. Bruins defeat Hitmen 1-0 in Championship of Spring Showcase. B Division does not have the scores up yet but I'm hearing it was Hitmen Futures vs. Hitmen Empire in the final and the Hitmen won

Day 3 Recap: http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...day-recap.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 08:32 PM
  #30
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB51Hockey View Post
Yes, accidentally I did. I'll never hear the end of it from the parents

Day 2 Recap: http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...day-recap.html
Haha nope. Just a junior hockey fan. But interesting guess.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 08:27 AM
  #31
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Haha nope. Just a junior hockey fan. But interesting guess.
Didn't necessarily mean you. But people have been saying I'm not covering the 'B' Division or Empire in general as in depth as I should. I'm guessing those people are parents.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 02:24 PM
  #32
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB51Hockey View Post
Didn't necessarily mean you. But people have been saying I'm not covering the 'B' Division or Empire in general as in depth as I should. I'm guessing those people are parents.
Ah I see. On that topic, it's sad how watered down those leagues have become.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 04:09 PM
  #33
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Ah I see. On that topic, it's sad how watered down those leagues have become.
I agree. I think they Empire would have ceased to exist if it wasn't for the USPHL absorbing it and having it be under the USPHL Banner. But you never know, more kids are playing junior hockey every year and they need spots. Empire is a good spot for some.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 04:28 PM
  #34
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
PAL Jr. Islanders Send 3 To NYI Rookie Camp

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=82410
http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...yi-rookie.html

Breakers Sign Ex-USHLer Polini
http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...-breakers.html


Last edited by JB51Hockey: 05-14-2014 at 08:02 PM.
JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 08:26 PM
  #35
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Top 50 players from the 2013-14 USPHL season

http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...ts-top-50.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2014, 10:11 AM
  #36
MiracleOnSkates
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB51Hockey View Post
Top 50 players from the 2013-14 USPHL season

http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...ts-top-50.html
Ehhhh. Don't necessarily agree with some of the honorable mentions. Ryan Begoon didn't really "wow" me in any type of way last year. I think #19 on the Connecticut Jr. Rangers definitely outclassed him. Out of all the games I've gone to, he's only went negative maybe once. He made quick, hard passes, and was such a good skater. It's not uncommon for him to go end to end and start a good breakout in the offensive zone, plus he rarely got caught. As said before, definitely believe that #19 in D1 Caliber.

MiracleOnSkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2014, 02:55 PM
  #37
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleOnSkates View Post
Ehhhh. Don't necessarily agree with some of the honorable mentions. Ryan Begoon didn't really "wow" me in any type of way last year. I think #19 on the Connecticut Jr. Rangers definitely outclassed him. Out of all the games I've gone to, he's only went negative maybe once. He made quick, hard passes, and was such a good skater. It's not uncommon for him to go end to end and start a good breakout in the offensive zone, plus he rarely got caught. As said before, definitely believe that #19 in D1 Caliber.
Begoon is a great player. Deserves to be there. Has decent size too. Not overly flashy but steady two way dman.

Surprised not to see Trento at 1 but the two above him aren't bad choices.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 04:57 PM
  #38
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Selects Crawley Signs In OHL: http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...n-knights.html
Bruins Malatesta Signs In QMJHL: http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...h-moncton.html
David Szmyd Player Profile: http://usphlplayers.blogspot.com/201...5-forward.html
James Winkler Player Profile: http://usphlplayers.blogspot.com/201...6-forward.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 09:42 AM
  #39
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Philadelphia's Ryan Badger has de-committed from Maine. He was supposed to attend the school this fall. Apparently, he's hoping to still go to another Hockey East school. He will play for the Flyers again this fall in the USPHL. He's a '94.

Solid player, probably could go to any school he wants.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 07:08 PM
  #40
MiracleOnSkates
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB51Hockey View Post
Philadelphia's Ryan Badger has de-committed from Maine. He was supposed to attend the school this fall. Apparently, he's hoping to still go to another Hockey East school. He will play for the Flyers again this fall in the USPHL. He's a '94.

Solid player, probably could go to any school he wants.
Hmm.. Wonder why he de-committed. Money? Didn't think he had good enough grades? Really weird tbh.

MiracleOnSkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2014, 04:45 PM
  #41
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleOnSkates View Post
Hmm.. Wonder why he de-committed. Money? Didn't think he had good enough grades? Really weird tbh.
Not knocking at UMaine but it has to be one of the weaker academic schools in the Hockey East when competing with BU, Northeastern, BC...

Also, U18 Carl El-Mir Signs In BCHL For 14-15: http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...s-in-bchl.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2014, 07:39 PM
  #42
MiracleOnSkates
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB51Hockey View Post
Not knocking at UMaine but it has to be one of the weaker academic schools in the Hockey East when competing with BU, Northeastern, BC...

Also, U18 Carl El-Mir Signs In BCHL For 14-15: http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...s-in-bchl.html
True.

MiracleOnSkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2014, 09:06 PM
  #43
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,762
vCash: 500
I heard Bradley Stone ('96 born goalie) was heading to South Shore.

Anyone here able to confirm if it's true and if so, what level of USPHL?

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2014, 09:25 AM
  #44
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow Boat View Post
I heard Bradley Stone ('96 born goalie) was heading to South Shore.

Anyone here able to confirm if it's true and if so, what level of USPHL?
Have no clue. Looked up his stats, nothing spectacular. I'd say U18 or Elite.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2014, 06:00 PM
  #45
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=JB51Hockey;86092815]Philadelphia's Ryan Badger has de-committed from Maine. He was supposed to attend the school this fall. Apparently, he's hoping to still go to another Hockey East school. He will play for the Flyers again this fall in the USPHL. He's a '94.

Solid player, probably could go to any school he wants.[/QUOTE

Believe he has been decommitted for a while. Didn't Maine recently go through a coaching change? They like big tall players. Think they decommitted him.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2014, 08:18 PM
  #46
petejudge
Registered User
 
petejudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB51Hockey View Post
Philadelphia's Ryan Badger has de-committed from Maine. He was supposed to attend the school this fall. Apparently, he's hoping to still go to another Hockey East school. He will play for the Flyers again this fall in the USPHL. He's a '94.

Solid player, probably could go to any school he wants.
Believe he has been decommitted for a while. Didn't Maine recently go through a coaching change? They like big tall players. Think they decommitted him.
Likely has to do with the coaching change. Ryan Cloonan (BJB) de-committed after the coaching change too.

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 07:30 PM
  #47
SPORTSMANIAC
Registered User
 
SPORTSMANIAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
Likely has to do with the coaching change. Ryan Cloonan (BJB) de-committed after the coaching change too.
Cloonan and Nick Roberto (BU) both decommitted due to the coaching change. So seeing Badger decommit because of the coaching change isn't surprising.

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 07:21 AM
  #48
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
11 In 11: Bay State Breakers

http://www.usphlprospects.com/2014/0...-breakers.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 08:26 PM
  #49
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB51Hockey View Post
Really looking forward to these previews JB. Awesome job.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 09:52 AM
  #50
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 814
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Really looking forward to these previews JB. Awesome job.
In a tough situation. I want consistent content throughout the summer but for the first couple of previews, we don't know the schedule or roster so there isn't a lot to "preview." Bruins one next week will be more in depth, however.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.