HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oil Kings '13-'14 Thread: WHL CHAMPIONS!

View Poll Results: Do you like the Oil Kings new jerseys?
Yes 48 57.83%
No 22 26.51%
Unsure 13 15.66%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2014, 10:23 PM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

vCash: 907
If anyone can do it, the boys have proven it's them.

They managed to get up off the mat once, lets hope they can do it one more time.

Old
05-11-2014, 10:33 PM
JordanGalhanth

vCash: 500
I just found out the true reason why we lost...PSYCHO DAD WENT TO THE GAME!!!

Old
05-11-2014, 10:39 PM
ekcut

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Wow....So that happened~!

Old
05-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Tyrolean

Wow! Heartbreak. Anybody's game tomorrow.

Old
05-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Got home in time to catch the third period, boy that was fun. Loved seeing them give up four ******* unanswered goals. Hurts seeing the Oilers do that kind of stuff all the time, don't enjoy watching a damn good team in the Oil kings Oiler it up out there.

Gonna be hard as Hell to win in their jumpin' barn with all the momentum on their side. We'll see, would have liked to win it at home but w/e.

Old
05-12-2014, 12:45 AM
lopper

No use dwelling on that soul crushing loss . The only game that matters now is tomorrow and I have a deep down gut feeling the OKs are going to take it. Either way, a hell of a season for the boys.

Old
05-12-2014, 02:50 AM
GrandLarseny
Off to the KHL

vCash: 375
From my perspective, Jarry has to have that Dumba tying goal, and that Iverson OT game. What a brutal 3rd period, my goodness.

Also, agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
They played terrible for 3 periods. I'm not understanding Laxdall's no timeout decision. Portland came back from 3 goals twice and not one timeout to settle things down. Brutal.

Old
05-12-2014, 04:44 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I didn't get to watch the game (night shift) but kept up with the Oil Kings twitter feed while they were playing.

How brutal exactly was the 4th goal Portland scored? A lot of my local edmonton twitter feed was saying it was an incredibly drawn out whistle and should have been blown dead, was that homerish?

Old
05-12-2014, 09:20 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I didn't get to watch the game (night shift) but kept up with the Oil Kings twitter feed while they were playing.

How brutal exactly was the 4th goal Portland scored? A lot of my local edmonton twitter feed was saying it was an incredibly drawn out whistle and should have been blown dead, was that homerish?
Portland was WAY offside and it should have been blown off, but they didn't even call it.

Old
05-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

If the Oilkings can pull this game out tonight, that would be huge, because they can't be feeling great after last night's insanity.

Old
05-12-2014, 11:17 AM
MoneyGuy

It's stupid to say that the OKs have no chance - "none" - tonight, as someone has said. Of course they have a chance. However, tonight will be very hard. They had that game in the bag. They just had to put a bow on it. Absolutely, totally theirs. The momentum is totally with Portland right now. The Kings have to feel totally down, to have to get on that plane last night and head back to Portland.

The key tonight is goaltending, and in a one-game-takes-all match, I'll take Jarry. Coaching is also key as our coaches have to make sure the boys can put that disappointment behind them and play like they did in those three wins.

However, a WHL championship has never been won in a game 7 by the visiting team. I'm taking Portland tonight, but Jarry can backstop us to an upset. Go, Kings.

I wish it had not come to this but games 7 are awesome.

Old
05-12-2014, 12:10 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanGalhanth View Post
I just found out the true reason why we lost...PSYCHO DAD WENT TO THE GAME!!!

He should probably just be banned from all OK games from now on.

Old
05-12-2014, 02:05 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Can't believe PsychoDad would do that to the Oil Kings. #disappoint

If anyone can buck the trend and win tonight, it's the OK.

Old
05-12-2014, 04:48 PM
MoneyGuy

An associate of mine is in the office this afternoon. He's a former WHL player and his son plays in the league this year. My friend says the result tonight depends on whether the OKs play mad. If they play mad, they can take this game. I'm worried they play tentatively and the Cheaterhawks take it to them.

Old
05-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Redwood Original
El Presidente

Oil Kings have shown, when they play their game, they can beat Portland. When the OK's sit back and try and prevent Portland from playing their game, they lose. It was crazy to watch the Oil Kings sit back, barely send one forechecker, and watch the game slip away. All of a sudden it's 5-5 and Edmonton starts pushing the pace again.

Also, Portland has realized Jarry drops to his knees to fight through all the traffic. 4 of the 6 he let in last night were up over his shoulders, 3 of which were just simple get it on net wrist shots. If Jarry can stand up and battle it out, some of those pucks just hit him.

Lastly, the 4th line. Laxdal has to find a way to get them out there. He really rode 1&2 last night, to the point they looked gassed midway through the second. If he can free up a few shifts to give his big guys a break, I think the boys will do just fine.

Old
05-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
The Oil Kings twitter account said yesterday the lower bowl sold out. Maybe that's what your issue was. But I agree, the Ticketmaster webpage is brutal for rejecting seats and looking for new ones.
Turns out that close to 12K seats were sold for the game. So that's why none of the lower bowl or upper bowl side seats were available for sale. Only end seats were available for sale.
But heres the deal. The Oil Kings had this many tickets sold and failed to open up the gallery for seating. Why?
This is chronic for this org and little reason for it. It serves to limit ticket sales that would otherwise occur. For instance I'm not buying end seats to any game and I know a lot of people who feel the same way. I just can't watch a game properly from that vantage point. I even dislike on TV when they go for the behind the net angle.

Probably could have sold 1K more seats for yesterday had they opened up the gallery.

Kinda stupid.

Old
05-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Original View Post
Oil Kings have shown, when they play their game, they can beat Portland. When the OK's sit back and try and prevent Portland from playing their game, they lose. It was crazy to watch the Oil Kings sit back, barely send one forechecker, and watch the game slip away. All of a sudden it's 5-5 and Edmonton starts pushing the pace again.

Also, Portland has realized Jarry drops to his knees to fight through all the traffic. 4 of the 6 he let in last night were up over his shoulders, 3 of which were just simple get it on net wrist shots. If Jarry can stand up and battle it out, some of those pucks just hit him.

Lastly, the 4th line. Laxdal has to find a way to get them out there. He really rode 1&2 last night, to the point they looked gassed midway through the second. If he can free up a few shifts to give his big guys a break, I think the boys will do just fine.
Couldn't it be said Portland has won every game where they've played their game?

Thing I'll note as well is when Portland played their game in the first 2 GP only Jarry prevented either game from being embarrassing. Conversely Oil Kings have won two games on the back of Jarry.

I'm kind of amazed the goalie who's the only reason this series is still going on is getting the brunt of criticism.

Old
05-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
An associate of mine is in the office this afternoon. He's a former WHL player and his son plays in the league this year. My friend says the result tonight depends on whether the OKs play mad. If they play mad, they can take this game. I'm worried they play tentatively and the Cheaterhawks take it to them.
I think it really boils down to this. If the Kings play angry I think they'll catch the 'Hawks off guard. Certainly the crowd will be expecting a cakewalk win, and I think if they come out charging they can swing the momentum back in their favour and rattle both the audience the 'Hawks. However, if they mope around the series is over.

Sucks that we couldn't end it yesterday, but the Kings are fully capable of winning this game. Jarry will be looking for a bit of redemption (though as a previous poster mentioned he's been mostly stellar) and I'm sure we won't be seeing any more of that safe hockey BS that lost us game 6. Take it to 'em boys!

Old
05-12-2014, 08:16 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 125
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Game 7 is free on WHL Live, gonna be watching it tonight.

http://whl.ca/article/championship-f...7-free-webcast

Quote:
To activate the free game, fans will be directed to go to the live game page (http://whl.neulion.com/whl/) , create an account or use an existing account, and enter the promotional code as indicated (2014WHLGame7). No credit card information is required.

05-12-2014, 08:17 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Feeling pretty nervous... hoping the boys can pull this one out. They cannot play so passively like they did last game after they scored a couple, they need to attack all night and keep Portland in their own zone.

Old
05-12-2014, 08:59 PM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Feeling pretty nervous... hoping the boys can pull this one out. They cannot play so passively like they did last game after they scored a couple, they need to attack all night and keep Portland in their own zone.
It's going to have to be pretty Rocky-esque. We have a knee on the canvas from a bad body blow, but the boys have shown plenty of grit before. Stupid Drago. Lol

Old
05-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Redwood Original
El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Couldn't it be said Portland has won every game where they've played their game?

Thing I'll note as well is when Portland played their game in the first 2 GP only Jarry prevented either game from being embarrassing. Conversely Oil Kings have won two games on the back of Jarry.

I'm kind of amazed the goalie who's the only reason this series is still going on is getting the brunt of criticism.
Were you in attendance for any of the games? If you were, we see it differently.

By no means am I criticizing Jarry, although I see how it looks that way. Portland exploited a deficiency in his game, he needs to make an adjustment.

Old
05-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Is the game not being televised tonight?

Old
05-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Is the game not being televised tonight?
Would like to know this too.

Oh on at 8. Thought it started at 7.

Old
05-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Would like to know this too.

Oh on at 8. Thought it started at 7.
Same here, had to check the Oil Kings site. They got a countdown till puckdrop.

Closed Thread