HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oil Kings '13-'14 Thread: WHL CHAMPIONS!

View Poll Results: Do you like the Oil Kings new jerseys?
Yes 48 57.83%
No 22 26.51%
Unsure 13 15.66%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2014, 10:23 PM
  #776
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...
 
April Ethereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 907
If anyone can do it, the boys have proven it's them.

They managed to get up off the mat once, lets hope they can do it one more time.

April Ethereal is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 10:33 PM
  #777
JordanGalhanth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
I just found out the true reason why we lost...PSYCHO DAD WENT TO THE GAME!!!


JordanGalhanth is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 10:39 PM
  #778
ekcut
Registered User
 
ekcut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Wow....So that happened~!

ekcut is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 11:08 PM
  #779
Tyrolean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Austria
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 500
Wow! Heartbreak. Anybody's game tomorrow.

Tyrolean is offline  
Old
05-11-2014, 11:48 PM
  #780
Puritania
Skooma Addict
 
Puritania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,241
vCash: 900
Got home in time to catch the third period, boy that was fun. Loved seeing them give up four ******* unanswered goals. Hurts seeing the Oilers do that kind of stuff all the time, don't enjoy watching a damn good team in the Oil kings Oiler it up out there.

Gonna be hard as Hell to win in their jumpin' barn with all the momentum on their side. We'll see, would have liked to win it at home but w/e.

Puritania is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 12:45 AM
  #781
lopper
Registered User
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 831
vCash: 500
No use dwelling on that soul crushing loss . The only game that matters now is tomorrow and I have a deep down gut feeling the OKs are going to take it. Either way, a hell of a season for the boys.

lopper is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 02:50 AM
  #782
GrandLarseny
Off to the KHL
 
GrandLarseny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 743
vCash: 375
From my perspective, Jarry has to have that Dumba tying goal, and that Iverson OT game. What a brutal 3rd period, my goodness.

Also, agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
They played terrible for 3 periods. I'm not understanding Laxdall's no timeout decision. Portland came back from 3 goals twice and not one timeout to settle things down. Brutal.

GrandLarseny is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 04:44 AM
  #783
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,620
vCash: 500
I didn't get to watch the game (night shift) but kept up with the Oil Kings twitter feed while they were playing.

How brutal exactly was the 4th goal Portland scored? A lot of my local edmonton twitter feed was saying it was an incredibly drawn out whistle and should have been blown dead, was that homerish?

Groucho is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:20 AM
  #784
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I didn't get to watch the game (night shift) but kept up with the Oil Kings twitter feed while they were playing.

How brutal exactly was the 4th goal Portland scored? A lot of my local edmonton twitter feed was saying it was an incredibly drawn out whistle and should have been blown dead, was that homerish?
Portland was WAY offside and it should have been blown off, but they didn't even call it.

Paralyzer is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 10:02 AM
  #785
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,214
vCash: 500
If the Oilkings can pull this game out tonight, that would be huge, because they can't be feeling great after last night's insanity.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 11:17 AM
  #786
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 500
It's stupid to say that the OKs have no chance - "none" - tonight, as someone has said. Of course they have a chance. However, tonight will be very hard. They had that game in the bag. They just had to put a bow on it. Absolutely, totally theirs. The momentum is totally with Portland right now. The Kings have to feel totally down, to have to get on that plane last night and head back to Portland.

The key tonight is goaltending, and in a one-game-takes-all match, I'll take Jarry. Coaching is also key as our coaches have to make sure the boys can put that disappointment behind them and play like they did in those three wins.

However, a WHL championship has never been won in a game 7 by the visiting team. I'm taking Portland tonight, but Jarry can backstop us to an upset. Go, Kings.

I wish it had not come to this but games 7 are awesome.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 12:10 PM
  #787
nabob
Hall for captain
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanGalhanth View Post
I just found out the true reason why we lost...PSYCHO DAD WENT TO THE GAME!!!

He should probably just be banned from all OK games from now on.

nabob is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 02:05 PM
  #788
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec
 
nofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,507
vCash: 500
Can't believe PsychoDad would do that to the Oil Kings. #disappoint

If anyone can buck the trend and win tonight, it's the OK.

nofool6110 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 04:48 PM
  #789
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 500
An associate of mine is in the office this afternoon. He's a former WHL player and his son plays in the league this year. My friend says the result tonight depends on whether the OKs play mad. If they play mad, they can take this game. I'm worried they play tentatively and the Cheaterhawks take it to them.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 05:51 PM
  #790
Redwood Original
El Presidente
 
Redwood Original's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Oil Kings have shown, when they play their game, they can beat Portland. When the OK's sit back and try and prevent Portland from playing their game, they lose. It was crazy to watch the Oil Kings sit back, barely send one forechecker, and watch the game slip away. All of a sudden it's 5-5 and Edmonton starts pushing the pace again.

Also, Portland has realized Jarry drops to his knees to fight through all the traffic. 4 of the 6 he let in last night were up over his shoulders, 3 of which were just simple get it on net wrist shots. If Jarry can stand up and battle it out, some of those pucks just hit him.

Lastly, the 4th line. Laxdal has to find a way to get them out there. He really rode 1&2 last night, to the point they looked gassed midway through the second. If he can free up a few shifts to give his big guys a break, I think the boys will do just fine.

Redwood Original is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 05:56 PM
  #791
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
The Oil Kings twitter account said yesterday the lower bowl sold out. Maybe that's what your issue was. But I agree, the Ticketmaster webpage is brutal for rejecting seats and looking for new ones.
Turns out that close to 12K seats were sold for the game. So that's why none of the lower bowl or upper bowl side seats were available for sale. Only end seats were available for sale.
But heres the deal. The Oil Kings had this many tickets sold and failed to open up the gallery for seating. Why?
This is chronic for this org and little reason for it. It serves to limit ticket sales that would otherwise occur. For instance I'm not buying end seats to any game and I know a lot of people who feel the same way. I just can't watch a game properly from that vantage point. I even dislike on TV when they go for the behind the net angle.

Probably could have sold 1K more seats for yesterday had they opened up the gallery.

Kinda stupid.

Replacement is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 05:59 PM
  #792
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Original View Post
Oil Kings have shown, when they play their game, they can beat Portland. When the OK's sit back and try and prevent Portland from playing their game, they lose. It was crazy to watch the Oil Kings sit back, barely send one forechecker, and watch the game slip away. All of a sudden it's 5-5 and Edmonton starts pushing the pace again.

Also, Portland has realized Jarry drops to his knees to fight through all the traffic. 4 of the 6 he let in last night were up over his shoulders, 3 of which were just simple get it on net wrist shots. If Jarry can stand up and battle it out, some of those pucks just hit him.

Lastly, the 4th line. Laxdal has to find a way to get them out there. He really rode 1&2 last night, to the point they looked gassed midway through the second. If he can free up a few shifts to give his big guys a break, I think the boys will do just fine.
Couldn't it be said Portland has won every game where they've played their game?

Thing I'll note as well is when Portland played their game in the first 2 GP only Jarry prevented either game from being embarrassing. Conversely Oil Kings have won two games on the back of Jarry.

I'm kind of amazed the goalie who's the only reason this series is still going on is getting the brunt of criticism.

Replacement is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 06:25 PM
  #793
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
An associate of mine is in the office this afternoon. He's a former WHL player and his son plays in the league this year. My friend says the result tonight depends on whether the OKs play mad. If they play mad, they can take this game. I'm worried they play tentatively and the Cheaterhawks take it to them.
I think it really boils down to this. If the Kings play angry I think they'll catch the 'Hawks off guard. Certainly the crowd will be expecting a cakewalk win, and I think if they come out charging they can swing the momentum back in their favour and rattle both the audience the 'Hawks. However, if they mope around the series is over.

Sucks that we couldn't end it yesterday, but the Kings are fully capable of winning this game. Jarry will be looking for a bit of redemption (though as a previous poster mentioned he's been mostly stellar) and I'm sure we won't be seeing any more of that safe hockey BS that lost us game 6. Take it to 'em boys!

Brewster is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:16 PM
  #794
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,660
vCash: 125
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Game 7 is free on WHL Live, gonna be watching it tonight.

http://whl.ca/article/championship-f...7-free-webcast

Quote:
To activate the free game, fans will be directed to go to the live game page (http://whl.neulion.com/whl/) , create an account or use an existing account, and enter the promotional code as indicated (2014WHLGame7). No credit card information is required.

__________________
The Head Crusher is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:17 PM
  #795
SephF
Visually Better
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,483
vCash: 500
Feeling pretty nervous... hoping the boys can pull this one out. They cannot play so passively like they did last game after they scored a couple, they need to attack all night and keep Portland in their own zone.

SephF is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:59 PM
  #796
dookers9
Registered User
 
dookers9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Feeling pretty nervous... hoping the boys can pull this one out. They cannot play so passively like they did last game after they scored a couple, they need to attack all night and keep Portland in their own zone.
It's going to have to be pretty Rocky-esque. We have a knee on the canvas from a bad body blow, but the boys have shown plenty of grit before. Stupid Drago. Lol

dookers9 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:08 PM
  #797
Redwood Original
El Presidente
 
Redwood Original's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Couldn't it be said Portland has won every game where they've played their game?

Thing I'll note as well is when Portland played their game in the first 2 GP only Jarry prevented either game from being embarrassing. Conversely Oil Kings have won two games on the back of Jarry.

I'm kind of amazed the goalie who's the only reason this series is still going on is getting the brunt of criticism.
Were you in attendance for any of the games? If you were, we see it differently.

By no means am I criticizing Jarry, although I see how it looks that way. Portland exploited a deficiency in his game, he needs to make an adjustment.

Redwood Original is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:10 PM
  #798
Puritania
Skooma Addict
 
Puritania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,241
vCash: 900
Is the game not being televised tonight?

Puritania is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:19 PM
  #799
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos
 
Ek het lief Woef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver Broncos
Posts: 16,511
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Is the game not being televised tonight?
Would like to know this too.

Oh on at 8. Thought it started at 7.

Ek het lief Woef is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:22 PM
  #800
Puritania
Skooma Addict
 
Puritania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,241
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Would like to know this too.

Oh on at 8. Thought it started at 7.
Same here, had to check the Oil Kings site. They got a countdown till puckdrop.

Puritania is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.