HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 6; Habs Vs. Bruins May 12, 2010 (plz win or I cry)

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2014, 11:35 PM
HabsQC

vCash: 500
A lot of you guys underestimate ourselves. We deserved both games in Montreal in this series. I think theres more chance to see a game 7 than not seeing one.

Old
05-11-2014, 11:38 PM
HabsQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Just realized I have class tomorrow night.

Unreal.

I'd skip but it's a topic I'm brutal at so need to show.

Bell mobile TV, bro

Old
05-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Nynja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Random question.

If you build a strawman and coat it with hyperbole, does that make you feel better?
I dont see how this is relevant at all.

Youre upset and trying to discredit someones facts over how terrible a nhl player is on the basis that "hes a pretentious tool with an agenda".

Old
05-11-2014, 11:40 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Pretty clear we need a hero now. I call to the stage...a M. Daniellll Brrrrrièrrrrre.

It's time.
Not unless he moves up in the lines. He's not going to do much on the 4th line.

Old
05-11-2014, 11:42 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Random question.

If you build a strawman and coat it with hyperbole, does that make you feel better?
Well said. I agree with your point.

Old
05-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventington View Post
Subban will lead the charge. If we don't give up an early one, I like our chances. We were outclassed last game. I think the team will adjust and come out ready. We looked much better during game 2 than we did in game after being outplayed, so I have faith. Hopefully we don't have the game 2 end result though
Wait a minute we didn't give up an early one in game 4?

Old
05-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Bottom line: Our coach doesn't know wtf he's doing.
Had to laugh at a comment on TSN in the Hawks Wild Game made by Gord Miller who is by far the best in the business. If your centers stay at center and your wingers remain on their proper wings there are 48 different line combos a team can make and Quenneville has tried them all.

MT up to 6?

Old
05-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Nynja

Early in OT ya

Old
05-12-2014, 02:19 AM
S Bah

Well I say bury the Hatchet, the last game is over and done. So first chance ya git bury the Hatchet, is my advice! Joking of course, but I have to wonder if Plekanec will ever get over those penalties, the way I have. It's still beyond my understanding how he gets punched in the head and gets a penalty and the Bruins didn't get one.

So much for fair play as usual, I'm a homer no doubt, but think that if I was a Bruin winning like that. Congratulations must have felt pretty strange, considering events that occurred, That's Hockey! isn't it?

On to the next segment of "Days of Our Lives" the Bruins vs Habs., may the Oscar go to ________!

Old
05-12-2014, 02:46 AM
Teufelsdreck

Does anyone have a way of countering the Bruins' new tactic of obstructing the passing and shooting lanes from the the points? Wile they aren't concerned about what Gorges or Weaver does but they do about Subban and Markov. In turn, what should the Habs do against Bruins forwards who easily enter the offensive zone and draw penalties from the Habs.

Old
05-12-2014, 02:46 AM
Nynja

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It's still beyond my understanding how he gets punched in the head and gets a penalty and the Bruins didn't get one.
his GI was deserved, if you think otherwise you're crazy. But yeah, its astounding how Rask or the other 3 bruins that started mauling him got nothing.

Old
05-12-2014, 02:47 AM
Teufelsdreck

Does anyone have a way of countering the Bruins' new tactic of obstructing the passing and shooting lanes from the the points? Wile they aren't concerned about what Gorges or Weaver does but they do about Subban and Markov. In turn, what should the Habs do against Bruins forwards who easily enter the offensive zone and draw penalties.

Old
05-12-2014, 03:17 AM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Does anyone have a way of countering the Bruins' new tactic of obstructing the passing and shooting lanes from the the points? Wile they aren't concerned about what Gorges or Weaver does but they do about Subban and Markov. In turn, what should the Habs do against Bruins forwards who easily enter the offensive zone and draw penalties.
Don't think that's a new tactic and all teams will continue to cheat out to the points when Subban is on the ice until the Habs show they can generate goals (or even scoring chances) down low

The 2 1/2 Men line did this a few games end of the season with a guy in the slot and DD working below the goal line but that seems like months ago now

As for zone entry, no Murray will help, need someone who can skate and keep them to the outside, not just run back and forth knocking them over after they've already passed the puck - looks impressive from a physical stand point but accomplishes next to nothing, kinda like full contact monkey-in-the-middle

Old
05-12-2014, 03:18 AM
Varlan

Quote:
Need to take a page out of the bruins organizations hockey book, and whine to the media about all the crap we have ti put up with.

Old
05-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Nynja

I loved the quote of the guy saying how good Murray is because "he hit 3 bruins hard in one shift"...completely burying Murray as he's saying that because he admits his hits do nothing to regain possession of the puck.

Old
05-12-2014, 10:28 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
I hope that Therrien understands that this adjustment by the Bruins gives the Habs a 3 on 2 advantage in prime scoring areas.

If he understands that and has spent time practicing this, the Habs will be able to exploit this pretty easily.

Old
05-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Gary320

continue here
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1668467&page=6

Closed Thread