HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT : Dave Hilton returns to the ring

Old
03-13-2007, 05:28 PM

vCash: 500
OT : Dave Hilton returns to the ring

Thanks to Regis Levesque.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2007/...on-boxing.html

Can't wait for this disgusting POS to be booed out of the arena.I was watching RDS a few minutes ago and they show a clip of him signing autographs.I simply can't believe that some people still admire that guy after what he did.I truly hope that he get his ass kicked by Greene.

Edit : Changed the link for an english one

Last edited by 131313: 03-13-2007 at 05:52 PM.
131313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Souray44

Whats this now? Is this about the sledge hockey guys gold medal? Can anyone translate?

Thanks in advance.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:46 PM
RC51

It just goes to show the Boxing is all about.
Hilton still can get a job after his history?
Boxing is willing to make an extra dollar no matter who.
these Boxing people would promote Hitler in his Nazi suite and a whip against a 52lbs Jewish concentration camp prisoner if they could make a buck.

HUMM, Hilton?Hitler? same thing.

RC51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray44 View Post
Whats this now? Is this about the sledge hockey guys gold medal? Can anyone translate?

Thanks in advance.
What? Haha, that's about the only chuckle you'll get out of this story.

Dave Hilton is a POS who molested his daughters. He's an old boxer who just got out of jail and now he's going to fight again in May according to the article.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:56 PM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side View Post

Thanks to Regis Levesque.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2007/...on-boxing.html

Can't wait for this disgusting POS to be booed out of the arena.I was watching RDS a few minutes ago and they show a clip of him signing autographs.I simply can't believe that some people still admire that guy after what he did.I truly hope that he get his ass kicked by Greene.

Edit : Changed the link for an english one
Regis Levesque is crazy. I saw him at 110% trying to defend this project of bringing back Dave Hilton to the ring and he was just incoherent.

I love this sport but I'm not interested at all in this fight.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Souray44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
What? Haha, that's about the only chuckle you'll get out of this story.

Dave Hilton is a POS who molested his daughters. He's an old boxer who just got out of jail and now he's going to fight again in May according to the article.
Wow...I read returns the ring not to the ring. Horrible story.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Dave Hilton is a POS....no doubt about it. But he's served his time, he should be allowed to make a living. If you want to be pissed off at anything, be pissed off at our legal system for handing out such a ridiculously small sentence.

03-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Weztex

If he need to make a living he can come and clean my washroom. It just go to prove that boxe has no values and that is a big black eye to the sport. That POS shouldn't be allowed to walk on a ring anymore.

How some people can still ask him autographs is beyond me.

Weztex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weztex View Post
If he need to make a living he can come and clean my washroom. It just go to prove that boxe has no values and that is a big black eye to the sport. That POS shouldn't be allowed to walk on a ring anymore.

How some people can still ask him autographs is beyond me.
I totally agree with you, I can't understand how after what he did people would have any respect for him at all.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
If I were in power, people like Dave Hilton would be sentenced to life in forced work.

Don't know who to vote for? Write me in.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
If I were in power, people like Dave Hilton would be sentenced to life in forced work.

You definitely have my vote Phil

Old
03-13-2007, 11:32 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Dave Hilton is a POS....no doubt about it. But he's served his time, he should be allowed to make a living. If you want to be pissed off at anything, be pissed off at our legal system for handing out such a ridiculously small sentence.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:34 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
All ice is home ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post

The Prime Minister does not ask his constituents for tips on how to dress.

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Maddas*

I always get him and Lucas confused. Which is the one who nonced his own children?

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post

But yeah, Dave Hilton is probably going to get mugged at the event, so yeah, I want him to appear in public.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:02 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
I always get him and Lucas confused. Which is the one who nonced his own children?
Hilton.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:32 PM
mcphee

When I moved to Eastern Ontario in 93, I was commuting to Mtl for work every day for awhile. My father was next door and told me one day, that he had given some guy a few hundred bucks to spread some sealer on the roof of our barn.

He told me that the guy doing the work was a boxer but he couldn't remember the guy's name. Fast forward about a year and I'm outside when a small pick up pulls up in our drive way. The driver looked vaguely familiar, I thought it was someone I knew from Mtl. He menetionned that he had done some roofing for us.

A woman got out and asked if it would be alright if she spoke to my wife. I remember the way she asked because it seemed that she needed my permission, which definitely isn't the way my family works.

Apparently she was selling rugs out of the back of the truck. While they spoke, I walked over to the guy, who introduced himself when I said he was familiar. He said something like ' well I sued to box a bit in Mtl but I'm retired now' It dawned on me that he was Davey Hilton. We had a nice chat about the boxing business, he told me how he had trained with Tyson in the Catskills, back when Cus D'Amato was still alive. He said how Tyson was a good guy then, but when he got out into the world...

The thing is, he was likeable,very unassuming, and seemed humble. He looked into the stuff in our barn and I mentionned that my wife builds furniture, and he joked about how he was living in Cornwall, and how they had little furniture and how when he and his wife fought, it would really echo. That sort of told me that the sooner the conversation ended, the better. They drove off and that was the end of it.

The story came out a few years later that we're all aware of. I'd bet that anyone with me chatting idly about boxing that day, would have thought they were chatting with just a nice guy. Wow, sure turned out different.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:33 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
He should. Humility's an important quality.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
When I moved to Eastern Ontario in 93, I was commuting to Mtl for work every day for awhile. My father was next door and told me one day, that he had given some guy a few hundred bucks to spread some sealer on the roof of our barn.

He told me that the guy doing the work was a boxer but he couldn't remember the guy's name. Fast forward about a year and I'm outside when a small pick up pulls up in our drive way. The driver looked vaguely familiar, I thought it was someone I knew from Mtl. He menetionned that he had done some roofing for us.

A woman got out and asked if it would be alright if she spoke to my wife. I remember the way she asked because it seemed that she needed my permission, which definitely isn't the way my family works.

Apparently she was selling rugs out of the back of the truck. While they spoke, I walked over to the guy, who introduced himself when I said he was familiar. He said something like ' well I sued to box a bit in Mtl but I'm retired now' It dawned on me that he was Davey Hilton. We had a nice chat about the boxing business, he told me how he had trained with Tyson in the Catskills, back when Cus D'Amato was still alive. He said how Tyson was a good guy then, but when he got out into the world...

The thing is, he was likeable,very unassuming, and seemed humble. He looked into the stuff in our barn and I mentionned that my wife builds furniture, and he joked about how he was living in Cornwall, and how they had little furniture and how when he and his wife fought, it would really echo. That sort of told me that the sooner the conversation ended, the better. They drove off and that was the end of it.

The story came out a few years later that we're all aware of. I'd bet that anyone with me chatting idly about boxing that day, would have thought they were chatting with just a nice guy. Wow, sure turned out different.
Thanks for sharing this mcphee, from all of your experiences. If you ever decide to write a book, plus let me know because I'll be the first one to buy it

Old
03-14-2007, 12:38 PM
danyhabsfan

In a survey only 10% would see an hilton fight

Régis said: ******** la bonne femme passe la balayeuse, jconnais pas dave hilton, lautre a fait le souper connait pas dave hilton.

too funny

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
Éric Lucas is one of the most kind hearted public figure/athlete I've ever seen. He's a soft spoken family man always willing to help out charities and talk to fans.

Hilton is a child rapist.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
In a survey only 10% would see an hilton fight

Régis said: ******** la bonne femme passe la balayeuse, jconnais pas dave hilton, lautre a fait le souper connait pas dave hilton.

too funny
Régis is a character allright! He's kind of sad and pathetic, but he's entertaining!

Old
03-14-2007, 12:45 PM
zenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
The thing is, he was likeable,very unassuming, and seemed humble.

A lot of child molesters, or similar types of criminals can fool people into thinking they are a nice guy. They usually have an act in order to seem trusting to gain access to children. Now this guy molested his own kids, so it doesn't apply here, but many evildoers have the ability to seem nice, and fool people.

I can't believe Hilton has "fans" or people that would want his autograph. Maybe his "personality" fooled them.

I can only hope something very bad happens to him inside the ring.

He is still in denial about his crimes, apparently.

What a sicko.

zenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:47 PM
AH

Isn't Hilton's ex-wife the sister of Arturo Gatti?

I remember Gatti being pissed at Hilton when he first went to jail.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Isn't Hilton's ex-wife the sister of Arturo Gatti?

I remember Gatti being pissed at Hilton when he first went to jail.
She was on the news yesterday cursing at the idea of him fighting in front of people again. Both here and Arturo are still incredibly pissed, as they should. None of that forgiveness bullsh*t there.