HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why Schenn should not be traded...

Old
05-12-2014, 11:26 AM
blinds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
would love to see Schenn with Voracek on his wing for an extended period of time

1LW-Giroux-Simmonds
Hartnell-Schenn-Voracek
XXX-Couturier-Read
Raffl-Laughton-XXX

I really think Voracek can get the best production out of Schenn
Problem is we'll need a great LW for that top line, I'm not convinced Simmonds is first line material at even strength. Giroux already gets so much focus with Voracek helping him out, with Simmonds we'll pretty much be on his own when we have puck possession.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 11:29 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I agree with everything expect for the bold. He can't be Vinny's winger. It just doesn't work, that line was terrible outside of the first 10 game of the season or so. Schenn should either be centering his own line or getting lots of minutes at LW with either Couts or Giroux IMO.
Fair enough. I get what you are saying and I agree to an extent, but at the end of the day, Schenn was fine where he was last year. For all the flack he takes around here, he still put up .5 PPG. Not too shabby for a 22 year old playing on a line with a guy that everyone seems to think is the worst player on the team (<==== That is an exaggeration...I know no one ever said Vinny is the worst player on the team).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Curufinwe

You would need another Voracek-type player to make that first line work.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 11:42 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Fair enough. I get what you are saying and I agree to an extent, but at the end of the day, Schenn was fine where he was last year. For all the flack he takes around here, he still put up .5 PPG. Not too shabby for a 22 year old playing on a line with a guy that everyone seems to think is the worst player on the team (<==== That is an exaggeration...I know no one ever said Vinny is the worst player on the team).
I agree, he did do well all things considered (first full season, age/inexperience, # of minutes, shifted from C to LW repeatedly and playing with Vinny). I'm just saying I wouldn't want to see him stuck there again, they could get a lot more out of him both offensively and defensively if not playing with Vinny.

I'm gonna go ahead and steal this from Curufinwe to illustrate my point.

If Schenn is at C and is expected to improve, IMO he needs a real LW. If he's gonna be at LW he should be separated from Vinny cause we know he's worse when playing with him. That would also give him more minutes, a win win in that scenario (that scenario being Schenn at LW instead of C).

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 12:40 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Don't let Beef see this thread .

I really want him to stay and get better. Solidify that he's the 2nd line center by shipping off Vinny.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Someone said my name, so I have been summoned.

Schenn should be traded for a bag of rocks. Then that bag of rocks should be thrown into the Schuylkill River; also, we'll need to change Luke Schenn's name to Gaston Brickfists so there are no more links to Schenn on the team.

I'm actually against trading him for the hell of it.

05-12-2014, 12:56 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
Schenn is at the stage that we traded JVR. He's ready to break out. Trading him now would be a mistake.
Schenn has shown similar issues with inconsistency but he hasn't shown the level of dominance that JVR had displayed at times, in particular his run in the 2011 playoffs. Not using that as a reason to trade Schenn, but I think it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. JVR was about to enter a a long term deal with a substantial cap hit coming off a mediocre year (a direct result of being extended way too early).

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Beefs ****in spidey senses were tingling from a combination of Schenn talk and his name being mentioned. It was only a matter of time

I imagine him having a whole room set up dedicated to his exaggerated irrational hatred of Schenn. Dartboards with his face on it, voodoo dolls, an alter where he sacrifices chickens named Brayden, and other small pieces of insanity.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Beefs ****in spidey senses were tingling from a combination of Schenn talk and his name being mentioned. It was only a matter of time

I imagine him having a whole room set up dedicated to his exaggerated irrational hatred of Schenn. Dartboards with his face on it, voodoo dolls, an alter where he sacrifices chickens named Brayden, and other small pieces of insanity.
Stray cats. Chickens are surprisingly expensive.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Stray cats. Chickens are surprisingly expensive.
That makes sense.

Don't feel bad though, I have one that's split between Emery, Grossmann, and Berube. I, however, refuse to call my hatred irrational or exaggerated, they did this to themselves.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 01:40 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I agree with everything expect for the bold. He can't be Vinny's winger. It just doesn't work, that line was terrible outside of the first 10 game of the season or so. Schenn should either be centering his own line or getting lots of minutes at LW with either Couts or Giroux IMO.
just spit calling here but giroux was originally a rw no?? why not put roo on the right of schenn and drop vorachek to the second line? i mean i know giroux is a great center but that's always an option if he's that stuck on not moving to wing (although that's not up to him)

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
just spit calling here but giroux was originally a rw no?? why not put roo on the right of schenn and drop vorachek to the second line? i mean i know giroux is a great center but that's always an option if he's that stuck on not moving to wing (although that's not up to him)
Because it's not a good idea to move a Hart finalist center to wing in favor of a guy who looks completely lost half the time.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 02:01 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Someone said my name, so I have been summoned.

Schenn should be traded for a bag of rocks. Then that bag of rocks should be thrown into the Schuylkill River; also, we'll need to change Luke Schenn's name to Gaston Brickfists so there are no more links to Schenn on the team.

I'm actually against trading him for the hell of it.
damn it beef. you had to type what you did in white. I was going to nominate this as post of the year.
Gaston Brickfists

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote