HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Euro Bashers: You sicken me

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 500
Euro Bashers: You sicken me

You know who you are... you relentlessly bash Jagr, Nylander, and practically every other European player on the Rangers, perhaps in the rest of the league too.
You might bash Lundqvist too (although not for being European).

Face it, this Ranger team was supposed to finish LAST in the NHL last year. They made the playoffs, and if not for the Olympics, may have captured the division too.
This year, despite all the horrible officiating, bad luck, and injuries (including Jagr and Straka being much less than 100%), they are still contending for the playoffs again.

You will say Euros are soft and poor leaders, but fans (using the term very loosely) like yourselves are usually the personification of every imagined shortcoming and flaw that you project onto these players. It might be time to refill your medications.

Don't you know that the only reason this team has even come close to the playoffs the past two seasons is due to Europeans? Without Lundqvist, Jagr, Straka, Nylander, Tyutin, etc. this team would basically be an AHL team. If you want to watch an AHL team play North American style hockey, go watch an AHL game, where at least they aren't expected to beat NHL teams every game. The tickets are a lot cheaper too, I'm sure!

If this team makes the playoffs this year, please don't bother posting any more, because if you ungrateful bashers had your way, this team wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs. Somehow I think you'd still find plenty of stuff to complain about and blow your top post after post.

Old
03-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Vidic5*

Amen...Thank you!!

Old
03-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Kostik

Thx for that.
I found many posts here just ignorant, screwing facts, and some players will be bashed no matter what.
I never thought i will see so much intolerant stuff on hockey forums.

Old
03-14-2007, 10:47 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
You know who you are... you relentlessly bash Jagr, Nylander, and practically every other European player on the Rangers, perhaps in the rest of the league too.

Face it, this Ranger team was supposed to finish LAST in the NHL last year. They made the playoffs, and if not for the Olympics, may have captured the division too.
This year, despite all the horrible officiating, bad luck, and injuries (including Jagr and Straka being much less than 100%), they are still contending for the playoffs again.

You will say Euros are soft and poor leaders, but fans (using the term very loosely) like yourselves are usually the personification of every imagined shortcoming and flaw that you project onto these players. It might be time to refill your medications.

Don't you know that the only reason this team has even come close to the playoffs the past two seasons is due to Europeans? Without Lundqvist, Jagr, Straka, Nylander, Tyutin, etc. this team would basically be an AHL team. If you want to watch an AHL team play North American style hockey, go watch an AHL game, where at least they aren't expected to beat NHL teams every game. The tickets are a lot cheaper too, I'm sure!

If this team makes the playoffs this year, please don't bother posting any more, because if you ungrateful bashers had your way, this team wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs. Somehow I think you'd still find plenty of stuff to complain about and blow your top post after post.
Thank you so much for posting this! I get tired of hearing that nonsense and responding.

Old
03-14-2007, 10:47 AM
In The Flesh

Half the league is Euro, deal with it. I agree, I like Euro players, they're some of the best. YOu got to have both Euro and NA on an NHL team, and you have to make it work.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Fans want results (goal scoring).

Speaking for myself, I very much love to watch highly-skilled players controlling, moving, passing and playmaking the puck.

But when there are no results and it all becomes like a Ballerina Ice Folly, it becomes pretentious and wasteful.

If they were getting consistent results (goal scoring), you would not see anyone complaining.

Especially with New York fans. New Yorkers don't enjoy a lot of pomp, flash and show with nothing of susbstance to drive it home for the finale.

If Nylander and Jagr buried the puck at least 50% of the time they're out there doing their fancy-smanchie Ballet; you wouldn't see anyone angry or frustrated.

Ultimately, the responsibility falls on the shoulders of Jagr and Nylander to get some results from their whirling ballet. Not the fans.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Euro players are soft and score pretty goals. The hard part is when they are off they look horrible. How many skates around the outside and behind the net can you watch when no one shoots? How many goals can you tip past your own goalie cause you use the stick insted of hitting people? Jagr is soft Nylander is soft as puss and Straka is not soft he is a Euro in a NA body. Their is pro and con to every type of player no one should lable player because of where they are from. NA players can be soft also just take a look at the Savards of the world. Dude stop crying because your favorites sucked and got bashed no one is ever beyond getting bashed.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:19 AM
wereback

Maybe playing in Europe that style works...but not in the playoffs....thats why some ranger fans bash Euro Hockey. I think you can agree with me that playoff hockey in the NHL is a little different than playing hockey in the SEL with the big rinks...

Old
03-14-2007, 11:20 AM
dank

i just think that the whole Euro vs. NA commentary is generally overboard and quite xenophobic.. mostly its from Americans and i think thats funny because of how Canadians percieve us, not entirely positively.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:21 AM
nrf83

Quote:

I agree with you to a certain extent, but you have to take in the frustration factor. I happen to like Rozisval, Rachunek, and Malik, not #1's but good NHL Dmen and they work hard and compete. No one wants to deflect a puck into his own net, and I am sure Malik feels bad. I hope all 3 are back. My frustration level, and it has been building the last few games, is the power play and the way Nylander, JJ, Sraka et al run it. It is so maddening to see a pp go by the boards as they continually pass the puck w/no one shooting. These guys are a #1 line and probably a top 5 in NHL, yet they refuse to shoot unless there is a perfect shot. People want to see shots and crash the net(NA style), this passing and weaving(Euro style) and waiting for JJ is old and league is on to it. I think complaints are more frustration than Euro bashing. PP has really hurt us last 4-5 games.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:25 AM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
I think a mix of the two would be best, but the Rangers don't do that. They always have Straka/Nylander/Jagr playing together, and the "North American" (I don't know if they're really NA or not) shoot-first guys like Cullen/Mara/Avery playing together. Nice passes to set up sweet goals are cool if it works, but when everyone on the same line is pass-first, no one is going to take the shot! For example, mixing it up so that you could have Jagr beating defenders and passing off to Cullen for the slapshot would be the best strategy, IMO.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:26 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Euro players are soft and score pretty goals. The hard part is when they are off they look horrible. How many skates around the outside and behind the net can you watch when no one shoots? How many goals can you tip past your own goalie cause you use the stick insted of hitting people? Jagr is soft Nylander is soft as puss and Straka is not soft he is a Euro in a NA body. Their is pro and con to every type of player no one should lable player because of where they are from. NA players can be soft also just take a look at the Savards of the world. Dude stop crying because your favorites sucked and got bashed no one is ever beyond getting bashed.
Lets talk about soft....was Kaspar? How about Forsberg? We can play this game all day ! Is Ovechkin considered soft? Want to talk about soft...take a LONG hard look at Sid the KID! He's NA and soft as JLo's azz! Lemieux was soft, and Gretzky was soft, by your standard!The idea that players are soft because of where they come from is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with softness, and alot to do with the game that is played over there, also the size of the rinks is larger and more conducive to an open ice skating style, and puckhandling along with finesse passing. It doesn't make them soft because they prefer a certain style, any more than it makes most North American players borderline goons because the game over here is more physical with the smaller ice surface.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Fletch

I think...

one should really clarify what some Euro Bashers may actually be thinking, or trying to say. It's not really a bash on Euros (or shouldn't be), and when it is, it's ignorant, but rather it's a commentary on a style of play, which I do not have a problem with and others really shouldn't either. Fans like certain styles of play. There are some who like the 70s and 80s North American style of play, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's their preference. Heck, it's my preference too, as I like to watch guys grind it out and play with passion more than the finesse part of the game. When people start singling out Euros, it's just not right, in my opinion, and that's where it gets takes a bit too far. The argument should pertain to style of play as there are plenty of Euros, Kaspar and Ulfie included, who played a North American style, and there are plenty of North Americans who play a Euro style.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Lets talk about soft....was Kaspar? How about Forsberg? We can play this game all day ! Is Ovechkin considered soft? Want to talk about soft...take a LONG hard look at Sid the KID! He's NA and soft as JLo's azz! Lemieux was soft, and Gretzky was soft, by your standard!The idea that players are soft because of where they come from is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with softness, and alot to do with the game that is played over there, also the size of the rinks is larger and more conducive to an open ice skating style, and puckhandling along with finesse passing. It doesn't make them soft because they prefer a certain style, any more than it makes most North American players borderline goons because the game over here is more physical with the smaller ice surface.
Hey there slappy read the darn post before you quote me. I clearly state that soft players are all over and that N.A. have just as many soft player. Jesus if you only read what i type instead of just bashing me because of the name i use,
nationalism is a powerful word as I am a American and feel i have the right to bash all the Euro players I want without having to explain myself to anyone.

American shoot the puck or leave

Old
03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
pld459666

Thanks for your insight.

I have no problem stating my preferences.

I for one do not appreciate the style of game that many of the European players play and do not think that any team that is to heavy with the European Flavor will ever win a SC.

I could be alone in that opinion, but I would just point to the winners of the Stanley Cup in the last 75 years as proof positive of that comment.

Is there a place here in the NHL for that style? without question, are there players that buck that trend of style? again yes, but not enough for my liking.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:35 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Where is Tom Poti from?Case closed.Has any player taken more abuse than Poti?He still gets abused whenever he plays at the Garden

Some of the European fans follow the Rangers because they have players of the their own nationality on the team.The Czech fans who follow the Rangers because of Jaromir Jagr being on the team aren't Rangers fans.They are Jagr fans and they get their panties into a twist when anyone has the audacity to criticize their hero.If Jagr was on Detroit,they would root for Detroit.Sorry but the highest paid player in the NHL should not be refusing to participate in the shootout.If you have a problem with that......Either grow a thicker skin or don't participate in these types or forums.Every player will get abuse and it's not based on nationality

Tom Renney gets beat up pretty good.As does Glen Sather.Where are they from?

Most of us root for the Rangers because they are the Rangers.It's the R-A-N-G-E-R-S on the front of the sweater.Not USA.Not Canada.Not Russia.Not Sweden.Not Czech Republic.Not Finland

Look at how many Europeans the Rangers have drafted over the years.The Garden/Sonny Werblin brought Anders Hedberg and Ulf Nilsson to the NHL from the WHA.The Rangers drafted the first Russian player in the first round of the draft.The Rangers give out the Lars-Erik Sjoberg Award to their best young player in training camp.He was a former Rangers european scout under Craig Patrick and died of cancer in 1987.They still honor him by giving out the award

Take the whining act somewhere else

Old
GarretJoseph*

our best players are euros. lundqvist, jagr, toots.

Old
Dagoon44

Cup contenders trade for Gary Robert and Brad May bill Gurein not Nylander types enough said.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Jackson Ranger

I find it disturbing that certain individuals call out the players based on where they were born.

I have no problem calling out a player for their poor play, heck, I was calling out Nylander on Sunday for his feeble attempt to play defense.

Every person on these boards has the right to call out the person. But do not call out the nationality.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Where is Tom Poti from?Case closed.Has any player taken more abuse than Poti?He still gets abused whenever he plays at the Garden

Some of the European fans follow the Rangers because they have players of the their own nationality on the team.The Czech fans who follow the Rangers because of Jaromir Jagr being on the team aren't Rangers fans.They are Jagr fans and they get their panties into a twist when anyone has the audacity to criticize their hero.If Jagr was on Detroit,they would root for Detroit.Sorry but the highest paid player in the NHL should not be refusing to participate in the shootout.If you have a problem with that......Either grow a thicker skin or don't participate in these types or forums.Every player will get abuse and it's not based on nationality

Most of us root for the Rangers because they are the Rangers.It's the R-A-N-G-E-R-S on the front of the sweater.Not USA.Not Canada.Not Russia.Not Sweden.Not Czech Republic.Not Finland

Look at how many Europeans the Rangers have drafted over the years.The Garden/Sonny Werblin brought Anders Hedberg and Ulf Nilsson to the NHL from the WHA.The Rangers drafted the first Russian player in the first round of the draft.The Rangers give out the Lars-Erik Sjoberg Award to their best young player in training camp.He was a former Rangers european scout under Craig Patrick and died of cancer in 1987.They still honor him by giving out the award

POST OF THE YEAR

Old
03-14-2007, 11:38 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Hey there slappy read the darn post before you quote me. I clearly state that soft players are all over and that N.A. have just as many soft player. Jesus if you only read what i type instead of just bashing me because of the name i use,
nationalism is a powerful word as I am a American and feel i have the right to bash all the Euro players I want without having to explain myself to anyone.

American shoot the puck or leave
You first statement says it all. You then try to hide behind the rest of your post. I read your post just fine. It had nothing to do with the names you used , I could care less whose name you posted, the perception is in your post, and that's why I mentioned the players i did.And if you don't want people to express their opinions on your posts, just start a blog and you don't have to read other peoples posts.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Dagoon44

Here we go this is my GOd given right to express how I feel.

Jagr sucks and is a crybaby that will never win in NY

Malik is softer then butter and sucks

Nylander is a great passer and good hockey player that doesn't shoot enough

Straka is amazing and must have North American cousins

Hank is a great goalie with a major flaw of playing deep and flopping early

Did I mention I hate Blair Betts and Isbister? Or that my favorite prospect is Baranka?

Korpikoski is a player i follow in Hartford every chance I get?

Teams that win are not Euro top heavy that are used as accent players.

The oilers Islanders Canadians and hell the 94 Rangers were North American Based teams with a nice sprinkle of Euros.

you want a fight lets throw down can I can feel you have more to say.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-14-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old
03-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Way to completely turn around the first point of this thread.
Personally: i'm not following Rangers because of Jagr, but it's good bonus to have him here.
I'm not whining that someone is bashing him, what is effed up is (by my opinion) that there are just double standards for some fans here, and it is becoming annoying to read. Because it's still the same stupid song.
Sometimes it's hard to dig up good posts from the screwed one's in threads.

Old
03-14-2007, 12:04 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Don't you know that the only reason this team has even come close to the playoffs the past two seasons is due to Europeans?

It takes an entire team to play together for any type of success. Not just europeans, canadians or americans. An entire team & last time I checked we're not a national team. We are the RANGERS.

Old
03-14-2007, 12:09 PM
chosen

Quote:
Here we go this is my GOd given right to express how I feel.
You have the right to say whatever you want (within the rules of the site) and everyone has the right to criticize your opinions (within the rules of the site). Deal with it. You're the one who's whining.

Closed Thread