HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kostitsyn deserves top-6 time!

Old
03-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
I guess you are getting tired of hearing about it, but you have to admit that it was a spectacular play (backhand / blind pass to Pleks).

As far as "the greatest" part is concerned, I get feeling you are a little annoyed with the whole thing? Or is my sarcasm radar too high??
Sure it was a nice play but yes I am very tired of all this cyber love for Kost.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Kostitsyn404*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Oh please, you don't know that. If,if,if. I love the guy but please, be realistic.

His excellent play that developped over the course of the year in Hamilton may also be the reason...top minutes in Hamilton.

if,if if.
Oh please, there's only so much playing in hamilton will help you. He had already played a full season in hamilton by then. You should be realistic. This is a guy who was drafted 10th overall in 2003.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Probably the greatest play ever.
Quote:
Sure it was a nice play but yes I am very tired of all this cyber love for Kost.
Then stop reading it.

It's not like it's difficult to tell if a thread will be about Kostitsyn, usually because it contains his name in the title. I expect most people around here know you aren't the kids biggest fan, I doubt you need to go out of your way to post in most of the threads about him that you feel people are going over the top with the comments and celebrations and predictions for him.

It's always going to be the same around here, just like with Ryder and others. Last night, Kost had arguably his first really big game where his production was up their with his performance. People are going to be hyped about it. The same will happen if he scores 1 nice goal. Or scores in back to back games. Or plays well for 10 games and puts together a point streak. This season, next, the one after, etc. When Ryder is on form and scoring goals, there are plenty of posts about how he is our best goal scorer, how nice a play it was, how good his shot is. Similar things happen with other players only they have already had that big break into the NHL. Many people consider last night Kostitsyns big break into the NHL and are excited about it. It'll die down a bit in the future but if someone does something good or well for the Habs (or bad, consistantly or not) it also attracts plenty of attention. I see your point about the number of new threads being created as that's on the money, but if you are tired of reading people showing appreciation for a young player who has gone through a lot and may be starting to prove his critics wrong then don't open every thread about him. The mods will do their best to merge them. This might be a particularly useful strategy in the future as the kid still has plenty of room to improve. And if he does, be prepared for plenty more talk and appreciation of his play.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Then stop reading it.

It's not like it's difficult to tell if a thread will be about Kostitsyn, usually because it contains his name in the title. I expect most people around here know you aren't the kids biggest fan, I doubt you need to go out of your way to post in most of the threads about him that you feel people are going over the top with the comments and celebrations and predictions for him.
I don't have anything against him but I'm just not part of his hype machine. I thought he played very well last night, much better than he did in his games before that.

And the posts you are quoting were not originally part of this thread as they were merged from other Kosty threads. So obviously I'm not the only who thinks it's overkill. I have no problem with people being happy about him having a good game but why couldn't they of just posted their thought in a thread that already existed? Our board is full of enough repetitive stuff. Obviously this is a stupid thing to argue about but over the last year this board has gone down in quality and I think all the repetitive threads are a big reason.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Do you know whats also special, is that combination is a line fully developed by the Montreal Canadiens organization. Together they looked very good, and i think how you saw those three play, you have to give props to the work being done in Hamilton.

It is not only that line but the first line also of Koivu Ryder and latendresse, do not forget also the pairing of Markov and Komisarek

Mike The Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:48 PM
tritone

It ain't broke don't fix it.
Kost looked great with Pleks and Higgins, leave it that way till Kovy comes back.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Carbo had great words of Kost

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=200010&hubname=nhl

"Andrei is a dominant player when he wants to be," said coach Guy Carbonneau. "When he uses his speed, size and shot really well, that's the way we want him to play." - Guy Carbonneau.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
guest1467

I really hope they keep the higgins-pleks-kosty line they were dominant last night.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Absolutely agree...the kid a oure natural offensive talent. Let' just hope they don't ask him to play defence first like they did to Perez?????? Jus boggles my mind how this organization can't get this stupid defence first mentality out of their heads when it comes to natural talented players.
i remember the 70's cup winners under bowman and it didn't matter what your name was you played defence or you just didn't play , i don't want a bunch of petr klima clones running around out there . your last sentence in the above post jus boggles my mind .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:05 PM
markov`

Quote:
The guy just played the best game of his young career. Another good example that we, Habs fan, are generally very good to blame players when they're playing bad, but when they're doing well, they're just doing their job.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote