HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karel Mcl Sprain - Out 4 Weeks

Old
03-14-2007, 06:22 AM
bleedrngrblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
not a big fan of liffiton myself. i think hes had a few callups before and has looked overwhelmed by the pace of the game.
Inferno....I don't think thats accurate. He was called up once last season against the Islanders and didn't play much. Realize, Liffiton is NOT a two way defenseman, he's a strong, tough, stay at home type with a MEAN streak! Something this team has been lacking for a long time. Don't expect him to score alot, expect some roughing penalties and crosscheck penalties....he will make the opposition pay in front of the net. I think he has a shot to make it at the NHL level, and i hope he does.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:37 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Why is Kasper not being considered as an option?
Kasper is done for the season.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:40 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Thomas J ....I gotta disagree with your assesment. Although I haven't been able to watch nearly enough games, what I've seen of Pock is not an NHL caliber player. He hasn't really developed much since we first saw him in 04 defensively....and he still is a VERY weak defenseman in terms of inside the blue line. For all the bashing he takes, Rachunek is light years better in our own end, and yes, he has seemed to find a comfort level with Mara. Pock is officially an experiment that has failed in my eyes....a poor mans Tom Poti. Extremely deficient in his own zone.....with some offensive ability, and a decent shot. A player who gets beat to the outside with regularity by opposing players.
Just about everyone of our defesemen have been beaten to the outside this season, Pocks play has gotten better as the year has gone on. Hes a UFA anyway so we will most likley lose him.

Old
03-14-2007, 07:45 AM
RinkOnEStreet

I assume that Sudbury is going to make the playoffs. What is to say that if they get ousted early we don't call up Staal? If we could stay in the hunt for the next two weeks with a guy like Liffton or Baranka filling in, we could see Staal.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Chimp

Quote:
First of all, isn't he injured? Second of all, the second we call him up, Islanders or some other team will buy him off.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:06 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Just about everyone of our defesemen have been beaten to the outside this season, Pocks play has gotten better as the year has gone on. Hes a UFA anyway so we will most likley lose him.
I'll just disagree here. In the games I have watched, especially lately, I notice alot of glaring deficiencies in his game.

Old
03-14-2007, 08:28 AM
VIL8BUBBLE

Sorry if you guys already talked about this, but I had a question about the Marc Staal thing. I know about the junior league thing, where his season has to be over in order to go to the Wolfpack. But I thought he could have joined the Rangers for a 10 game stretch, before they had to make a decision on whether to send him back or not. The Penguins were gonna send his little brother back at the beginning of the year after he played his 10 games, but he did so well they kept him in the NHL. Is that only an option at the beginning of the year, and once he reports to his junior team he can't be brought back until his season is over?

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:25 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees2022 View Post
why cant stall get called up???

my bad
Especially if you cannot spell his name, Staal

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:37 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIL8BUBBLE View Post
Sorry if you guys already talked about this, but I had a question about the Marc Staal thing. I know about the junior league thing, where his season has to be over in order to go to the Wolfpack. But I thought he could have joined the Rangers for a 10 game stretch, before they had to make a decision on whether to send him back or not. The Penguins were gonna send his little brother back at the beginning of the year after he played his 10 games, but he did so well they kept him in the NHL. Is that only an option at the beginning of the year, and once he reports to his junior team he can't be brought back until his season is over?
That is correct, only at start of season. Once the NYR sent Staal back to JRS he is obligated to play out full season before he can return to NYR. 10 game rule is sort of a NHL tryout for Jr players only (19 or younger), does not affect NCAA or Euro players that do not play Jrs. NYR had made decision that Marc Staal would play Jrs this year, so that is why no 10 game tryout.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Quote:
Wolf Pack defenseman Darius Kasparaitis has been given a leave of absence after leaving practice Friday because of shortness of breath.

Kasparaitis, a 14-year NHL veteran on his second assignment from the Rangers after clearing waivers, was taken by ambulance to Middlesex Hospital, where he had tests and was released. He will be out indefinitely, and possibly for the season after not being placed on the playoff roster
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:24 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
I'll just disagree here. In the games I have watched, especially lately, I notice alot of glaring deficiencies in his game.
Ok, so what are they.

The positves i've seen have been.....
Leads the rush
shoots the puck
takes the body
can use his stick to break up the play

Old
03-14-2007, 11:44 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Ok, so what are they.

The positves i've seen have been.....
Leads the rush
shoots the puck
takes the body
can use his stick to break up the play
negatives:
out of position often
weak on puck possession unless he's rushing up ice in offensive mode
gets beaten to the outside very frequently and still does nothing to address it
physically overmatched in front too often
hesitant when caught out of position
poor decision making

now..can we agree to disagree. Girardi has been up here 2 months and he's already passed him on the depth chart. Pock is kinda in the mold of Poti to me, i won't be sorry if he doesn't come back.

Old
03-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Inferno....I don't think thats accurate. He was called up once last season against the Islanders and didn't play much. Realize, Liffiton is NOT a two way defenseman, he's a strong, tough, stay at home type with a MEAN streak! Something this team has been lacking for a long time. Don't expect him to score alot, expect some roughing penalties and crosscheck penalties....he will make the opposition pay in front of the net. I think he has a shot to make it at the NHL level, and i hope he does.
thats all fine and good, but if the speed of the game is too much for you (and i guess we'll see if i was right or not, its possible i was 100% wrong about that) then the meanest streak in the world wont save you from being burned outside every shift youre out there.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:22 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
thats all fine and good, but if the speed of the game is too much for you (and i guess we'll see if i was right or not, its possible i was 100% wrong about that) then the meanest streak in the world wont save you from being burned outside every shift youre out there.
You're right on with that....let's hope he can handle the speed of the NHL game, because we are going to find out real soon.

Old
03-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
You're right on with that....let's hope he can handle the speed of the NHL game, because we are going to find out real soon.
yep, believe me, im not hoping the kid is going to fail, id love to be shocked and see him become a key contributor, but im not convinced he will be yet. Still though, good luck to Liffiton, at the very least hes earned a look, that i will acknowledge.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 03:54 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
negatives:
out of position often
weak on puck possession unless he's rushing up ice in offensive mode
gets beaten to the outside very frequently and still does nothing to address it
physically overmatched in front too often
hesitant when caught out of position
poor decision making

now..can we agree to disagree. Girardi has been up here 2 months and he's already passed him on the depth chart. Pock is kinda in the mold of Poti to me, i won't be sorry if he doesn't come back.
while alot of that may be true, those are easily addressed and sloved, esspecially as you adapt to the speed of the NHL.
You cant teach Offense, but Defense & decsion making can be worked on.
I will be sorry if he does not come back, as I've stated before in other threads, I believe he will help another team. Watch him wind up on the Devils or The wild, both Defensivly consious teams, that need puck moving defensemen, he wil flourish!

My Bold prediction: Tomas Pock will be a Norris trophy Finalist within 3 seasons!

Old
03-14-2007, 04:55 PM
helicecopter

So.. how long is Rachunek supposed to be out?

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:39 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

It's a pain with all these injuries, but one man's disappointment is another man's opportunity. There is a big difference between this year and last year. The kids were not ready, not they appear to be. By the way, where did we get these kids from, the hockey fairy?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Ola

Quote:
while alot of that may be true, those are easily addressed and sloved, esspecially as you adapt to the speed of the NHL.
I will be sorry if he does not come back, as I've stated before in other threads, I believe he will help another team. Watch him wind up on the Devils or The wild, both Defensivly consious teams, that need puck moving defensemen, he wil flourish!

My Bold prediction: Tomas Pock will be a Norris trophy Finalist within 3 seasons!
I've always been in "Pck is not ready" debates. Especially with TB and Co who thought it were robbery that he didn't make it last season. Though, I've also always stated that he got some upside.

Pck's big problem, that many aren't picking up, is that he is great offensivly -- from the offensive blueline and in. He is not, and have never been good offensivly comming out of his own end. He got the wheels, he can make the occasional homerun pass, but consistensy is A and O in that aspect, and he just haven't picked up that aspect. I didn't see him in college but it seems like he just skated the puck out of trouble there, and never were really pressured to become a good decision maker. He came into the AHL, and have always struggled there in that aspect, making allot of misstakes and not creating much offense.

That can defenitly be corrected, and I even belive it will come with time for him. But, he is born in 1981. And its not some minor adjustments that he have to make. If he were 21 y/o I defenitly would have liked to hang on to him. Now maybe he will be around 28-29 years before he can be a complete D in the NHL.

I personally wonder if a "Made in NY" stamp is worth that time. If we need what Pck can bring, aren't it in reality better and cheaper to just sign B vet? Like a Andy Delmore or someone.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:44 PM
TheRedressor

Youth Must Be Served!

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:46 PM
RedLightDistrict

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
So.. how long is Rachunek supposed to be out?
Don't know if this has been posted when i checked:

Rangers' Rachunek to miss a month

Quote:
The New York Rangers learned Wednesday that they will be without defencemen Karel Rachunek for up to four weeks.

An MRI revealed a sprain in the medial collateral ligament in his right knee

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Wow I really had no idea about that story. Man poor Kasper........atleast he got a lot of money in the end.

Thanks Rangerboy!

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 04:26 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbunny1024 View Post
Don't know if this has been posted when i checked:

Rangers' Rachunek to miss a month
Thanks killerbunny.

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 06:02 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:

Thomas J...I am not rooting for Pock to fail....but the reality is, there has been little to no improvement from him since he first got here in late 04 season.

Old
03-16-2007, 09:43 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

So now we get a preview of next year's D?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote