HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Will Frolik get a chance in Rochester?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2007, 10:02 PM
  #1
IceBreaker
Registered User
 
IceBreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 498
vCash: 500
Will Frolik get a chance in Rochester?

Rimouski will miss the playoffs.
I think he can play in the AHL or NHL if he's signed.
Rochester is missing all those guys called up to Buffalo.
Maybe they could use Frolik for their playoff run.

Is he ready for AHL-calibre hockey.
I can't imagine it would hurt his development.

IceBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:06 PM
  #2
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,584
vCash: 500
Frolik has been great for rimouski this year! Remind me a lot of patrick elias. i be shocked if dont end up in the ahl after rimouski season is done! As a try out contract but next year i hope he comeback to play with rimouski THEY NEED HIM

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:13 AM
  #3
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
but next year i hope he comeback to play with rimouski THEY NEED HIM
Exactly.

He could do a Radulov type of season next year, getting 20-25 minutes of icetime in an exciting team.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:37 AM
  #4
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,867
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBreaker View Post
Rimouski will miss the playoffs.
I think he can play in the AHL or NHL if he's signed.
Rochester is missing all those guys called up to Buffalo.
Maybe they could use Frolik for their playoff run.

Is he ready for AHL-calibre hockey.
I can't imagine it would hurt his development.
If he hasn't been signed yet, I can't imagine that he will.

Ryan will be heading back down as soon as Paille gets healthy (a couple days) and MacArthur will be heading back soon after (when Kotalik is healthy)

For the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see even Paille back in Rochester.

Just too many high-caliber reinforcements coming...

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:53 AM
  #5
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,717
vCash: 500
I dont think you have to be signed...i could be wrong though.

They could sign him to a PTO i think...a tryout contract.

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:57 AM
  #6
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Frolik has been great for rimouski this year! Remind me a lot of patrick elias. i be shocked if dont end up in the ahl after rimouski season is done! As a try out contract but next year i hope he comeback to play with rimouski THEY NEED HIM
Bingo!!! Thats just the player I've always thought of when he was drafted. Mostly because he's great in all three zones.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:06 AM
  #7
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Bingo!!! Thats just the player I've always thought of when he was drafted. Mostly because he's great in all three zones.
??

Frolik isnt "great" in all 3-zones. He is a solid player on defense but great should be reserved to guys like Brind'Amour and Madden...not Michael Frolik.

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:08 AM
  #8
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
??

Frolik isnt "great" in all 3-zones. He is a solid player on defense but great should be reserved to guys like Brind'Amour and Madden...not Michael Frolik.
To be honest, i couldn't care about his defense at this moment in time

Frolik appears to be doing well, judging by the stats etc but i assume that you have seen a fair bit, how has he done this year?

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:13 AM
  #9
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
I dont think you have to be signed...i could be wrong though.

They could sign him to a PTO i think...a tryout contract.
I believe you are correct. If he is a Buffalo draft pick, he can be signed to an ATO by their AHL affiliate.

This happens every year in the AHL when the junior season ends.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
  #10
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
To be honest, i couldn't care about his defense at this moment in time

Frolik appears to be doing well, judging by the stats etc but i assume that you have seen a fair bit, how has he done this year?
He took some time to adapt, but in the second half of the year, he was always in the three stars, at nearly every game.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:59 AM
  #11
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
To be honest, i couldn't care about his defense at this moment in time

Frolik appears to be doing well, judging by the stats etc but i assume that you have seen a fair bit, how has he done this year?
Hes been a great player this season. Ive always liked Frolik, so it wasnt too surprising.

I think he could play in the AHL no problem but im not sure if Florida wants to rush things

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
  #12
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
Hes been a great player this season. Ive always liked Frolik, so it wasnt too surprising.

I think he could play in the AHL no problem but im not sure if Florida wants to rush things
I hope we don't rush him. Perfect scenario that VanN has already suggested, is Frolik has a Radulov type season in the Q next year. I don't see the value in sending him to the AHL next year. We have a couple of good forward prospects in Collins and McArdle who will head to Rochester next year (assuming they remain our affliate), and i'd rather see Frolik get alot of ice time in the Q than fighting with older Sabre and Florida prospects.

We have plenty of young forwards on our roster anyway, and Frolik has so much potential and is someone we desperately need to boom rather than bust, so give him all the time he needs.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
  #13
Lionheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Considering the talent that will be in Rimouski next year, I would be shocked if Frolik is anywhere but there. That team is going to score goals. Lots and lots of goals.

Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.