HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk XVII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-12-2014, 07:36 PM
  #551
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Hank gets fined $5k for squirting water but nothing for Crosby spearing or slew footing.......
see the above post (#545)...

everything u need to know about Cindy and the NHL.

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 07:38 PM
  #552
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Hank gets fined $5k for squirting water but nothing for Crosby spearing or slew footing.......
$5,000 well worth it!

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 07:56 PM
  #553
MP92
Registered User
 
MP92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,981
vCash: 500
I guess Bettman is the only one allowed to make Crosby wet.

MP92 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:04 PM
  #554
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,420
vCash: 500
David Desharnais is a guy I always come away impressed with when watching the Habs. He doesn't get talked too much about but he's a pretty good player. His speed & shiftiness really make up for his very small stature.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:06 PM
  #555
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
David Desharnais is a guy I always come away impressed with when watching the Habs. He doesn't get talked too much about but he's a pretty good player. His speed & shiftiness really make up for his very small stature.
I agree. Plekanec is another.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:07 PM
  #556
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,742
vCash: 500
**** sakes Boston

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:12 PM
  #557
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I agree. Plekanec is another.
I like Plekanec as well but I feel like he gets his props for his two-way game. I honestly never hear anything about Desharnais to the point I had no idea he was 50/60 point scorer until I looked up his stats just now.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:14 PM
  #558
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 29,844
vCash: 500
Bruins getting boat raced.

__________________
10 feet on the west side is 10 feet on the east side.
Justified is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:37 PM
  #559
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I like Plekanec as well but I feel like he gets his props for his two-way game. I honestly never hear anything about Desharnais to the point I had no idea he was 50/60 point scorer until I looked up his stats just now.
A lot of Habs fans I know hate Desharnais

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:45 PM
  #560
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
A lot of Habs fans I know hate Desharnais
Interesting, I only watch a handful of games a year but I know their fans have become size obsessed over the years & he's the smallest of all the players on the team so does that factor into it?

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:47 PM
  #561
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,508
vCash: 500
come on boston FFS.

least make a game of it

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 08:56 PM
  #562
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 29,844
vCash: 500
wow, that puck didnt go in.

Justified is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:03 PM
  #563
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Interesting, I only watch a handful of games a year but I know their fans have become size obsessed over the years & he's the smallest of all the players on the team so does that factor into it?
I'm pretty sure that has everything to do with why they don't like him.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:18 PM
  #564
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,420
vCash: 500
I really hate how Chara thinks he's a tough guy.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:22 PM
  #565
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
So why does Boston get to just punch guys in any scrum? Lucic, Iginla, and Chara in one sequence all threw sucker punches.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:25 PM
  #566
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
So why does Boston get to just punch guys in any scrum? Lucic, Iginla, and Chara in one sequence all threw sucker punches.
Honestly, the Flyers should have done more of this against the Rangers.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:27 PM
  #567
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I really hate how Chara thinks he's a tough guy.
He's not?

hockeyfreak7 is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:29 PM
  #568
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
He's not?
Not really. He's just an oaf. If he fights anyone with legit size he just bear hugs them and wrestles them to the ground.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:31 PM
  #569
rWoHockeyman88
Registered User
 
rWoHockeyman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Not really. He's just an oaf. If he fights anyone with legit size he just bear hugs them and wrestles them to the ground.
Ehh, Bryan McCabe was 6'2" 220 lbs and he swung him around like a rag doll. I think that could be more lethal than punches when it comes to hitting the ice.

rWoHockeyman88 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:32 PM
  #570
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Not really. He's just an oaf. If he fights anyone with legit size he just bear hugs them and wrestles them to the ground.
Exactly my thoughts as well. If he fights any experienced fighter with good size he turns it into a wrestling match but if it's a smaller guy who isn't experienced he's swinging away & wants to stand up.

Example:


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 05-12-2014 at 09:39 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:34 PM
  #571
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Honestly, the Flyers should have done more of this against the Rangers.
Why? The Bruins haven't won this way since 2011, and they looked like the 2012 Penguins tonight. They should be focusing on limiting their turnovers and using the insane depth advantage they have.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:36 PM
  #572
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rWoHockeyman88 View Post
Ehh, Bryan McCabe was 6'2" 220 lbs and he swung him around like a rag doll. I think that could be more lethal than punches when it comes to hitting the ice.
That's kinda my point. He'll drop the gloves but doesn't often throw 'me with legit heavyweights.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:37 PM
  #573
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,690
vCash: 500
I feel Chara gets overrated. Of course, when you grow up in an age riddled with dominant and all-time great Dmen, I guess it's a hard act to follow.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:38 PM
  #574
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Not really. He's just an oaf. If he fights anyone with legit size he just bear hugs them and wrestles them to the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Exactly my thoughts as well. If he fights any experienced fighter with good size he turns it into a wrestling match but if it's a smaller guy who isn't experienced he's swinging away & wants to stand up.
What? How exactly do you want him to fight? For one, he's not a fighter.

But even then...is fighting really the #1 way to determine toughness? The dude is as tough as a hockey player gets. Fighting style be damned.

hockeyfreak7 is online now  
Old
05-12-2014, 09:38 PM
  #575
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Why? The Bruins haven't won this way since 2011, and they looked like the 2012 Penguins tonight. They should be focusing on limiting their turnovers and using the insane depth advantage they have.
Its called message sending. It worked fine when they had scrums at the end of game 4 and won game 5. Its setting the tone. The Flyers didn't set any tone except for in game 6.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.