HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kypreos: TOR shopping Phaneuf to the West

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2014, 11:22 PM
GenericFan2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
When you and your Leafs teams can consistently make the playoffs to do the same thing instead of a one-off, we can get together to talk about team-building and player analysis.
Forgot I was apart of the team! Does the GM also share my opinions on personnel, too?!

Old
05-12-2014, 11:25 PM
edbrubaker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorNsh View Post
Forgot I was apart of the team! Does the GM also share my opinions on personnel, too?!
I think what gets lost in these arguments is that online hockey fans are considered a fringe in terms of their opinions. SJ is such a non hockey market that they could put together a highlight package of Dion Smash greatest hits and do a better job of selling that to causal California fans than Vlasic's strong positional play.

Old
05-12-2014, 11:25 PM
HaleyDestroyedNurse
Wommy Tingels

vCash: 247
Quote:
The way people speak of Pavelski on these boards would make one believe he's a top 10 player

Sharks fans are actually quite annoying, never realized. I guess if you want to hang on to your core of Demers, Braun, Stuart, Boyle on the back-end, go for it! After-all, they're all certainly better than Dion. Sheppard might make a good return for our #1 D, not sure if the Sharks would want to throw in Hamilton, though.

As a Leafs fan, I can't criticize your team, but wow; SJ's blueline is shallow at best, realize this and you might find success. How can you, with a straight face, argue that Braun/Demers/whoever (not named Vlasic) are better than Phaneuf? I've definitely bashed the guy from time to time but he is still a great #2 defenseman, capable of playing #1 minutes.

Keep making those early exits
Sharks fans recognize we are weak on the back end. Does that mean we give up our top scorer for someone making more than any of our other players? No.

Old
05-12-2014, 11:26 PM
HaleyDestroyedNurse
Wommy Tingels

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbrubaker View Post
I think what gets lost in these arguments is that online hockey fans are considered a fringe in terms of their opinions. SJ is such a non hockey market that they could put together a highlight package of Dion Smash greatest hits and do a better job of selling that to causal California fans than Vlasic's strong positional play.
Yes, because Dion hitting his own players and having people skate around him is much more marketable!

Old
05-12-2014, 11:27 PM
chet1926

I think the most I'd offer as an Avs fan is:

PAP (capable top 6 winger)
choice of either Elliott, Pickard or Hishon (decent prospect)
1st rd pick (21st-24th pick)

Most likely not even close, but I wouldn't give up any big pieces to get a soon to be 30 year old on a 7M per year contract for the next 7 years. He'll probably be worth about half that much by the time the last 3 years come up on that contract.

Like the player just not willing to give up a ton.

Old
05-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
You want to talk to us as if we're the ones deciding to hang on to our core then why is it that I can't respond in a similar fashion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbrubaker View Post
Shows how little you know about the market to call it a non-hockey market. It's one of the biggest hockey markets in America but that's always going to be irrelevant to someone like yourself whose interest isn't the game's health itself.

Old
05-12-2014, 11:29 PM
HaleyDestroyedNurse
Wommy Tingels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmatic Dan View Post
Not sure how finally agreeing to disagree would warrant closing the thread, considering San Jose isn't the only team in the league that might be interested in discussing acquiring Phaneuf.

Although, in this case, the Sharks fans certainly seem the most vocal participants, aside from the "sellers" of course.
Because people keep suggesting time and time again that we should get him but we don't want him. Toronto fans don't seem to realize that and when it finally got through to them that we don't want him they start bashing our team.

Old
05-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Thread limit reached.

Someone start a Part II.

Old
05-12-2014, 11:30 PM
spiny norman
Mod Supervisor