HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Minnesota Trade Proposals:

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2004, 04:37 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Minnesota Trade Proposals:

Since there has been a rash of injuries around the league, I thought I throw out a few proposals...

TO OTT: Jim Dowd

TO MINN: Stefan Schauer

I don't know how high Schauer is on your depth chart but Dowd could give them another center to work with since Bonk is down and is good defensively and can pick up the assists.

TO COL: Brad Bombardir + A Conditional Draft Pick

TO MINN: Martin Skoula

Minnesota gets another project to work with while Colorado gets some veteran help and a good depth defensemen in Bombardir, while getting rid of Skoula. They are also not saddled down with Bombardir either as he is a free agent next year.

TO NYR: Manny Fernandez, Travis Roche, Filip Kuba, Brad Brown, and 2nd Rounder

TO MINN: Jamie Lundmark, Jake Taylor, and Correy Potter

This one is going to piss off the Ranger fans I know. Yes Fernandez is as good as Dunham or roughly as good as Dunham but Sather has come out to say he is looking for a goalie (which is a mistake but hey!). Risenbrough is looking to dump Roche, which is good for the kid because he needs a change of scenery. He could end up tapping into his offensive production. Kuba is...Kuba. I won't say he's an All-Star because he's not. He has a wicked shot and is a good 4th, 5th defenseman who can pinch well but is sometimes too soft or has a lapse but he gives the Rangers an upgrade on defense. The 2nd rounder will be high for the Rangers (40ish), which gives them a good pick too for this year's draft and Sathers can start rebuilding. They don't lose their 1st, they don't lose their second or any draft picks. They lose Taylor and Potter, which hurts a bit, and Lundmark, who hasn't worked out exactly, and I've heard he needs a change of scenary too but I think that's wash.

TO FLA: The signing rights to Barry Brust

TO MINN: Josh Olson OR Vince Bellissimo OR Robert Fried or SOMEONE!

Brust is putting up decent year in the minors and should make a fine backup goalie. He did well at the Traverse Prospect Tournament this year but I think with all the goalies in front of him he won't get the chance in the Wild system to really show his stuff, especially competing against Harding. Wild need a low depth winger or someone just to restock the wingers!

TO MON: Mikko Koivu + Matt Foy

TO MINN: Jozef Balej + Marcel Hossa

This is just for fun. A lot of people think Koivu is a bust but I hear other things about him too, like he works on the little things and that's why he doesn't stand out. Montreal fans have been wanting Koivu to come to Montreal simply because his brother is there and I thought I entertain the idea. I think Koivu still has the potential to be a number 1 center and a good player in the league but like his brother I'm a little bit weary about his injuries. Foy also gives them a gritty winger, who already has chemistry with one of their prospects. Hossa I heard his name crop up a lot on the trading block and swapping out PFs (Foy for Hossa) makes sense. Yes I know Balej is close to being your number 1 prospect and he's better than Koivu but Minnesota needs a guy like that.

Oh yeah forgot one!

TO PHIL: Stephane Veilleux

TO MINNESOTA: 5th Rounder the Wild already traded to the Flyers

This is just for Go Kim Jonsson

Old
02-11-2004, 04:47 PM
AvsGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala

Minnesota gets another project to work with while Colorado gets some veteran help and a good depth defensemen in Bombardir, while getting rid of Skoula. They are also not saddled down with Bombardir either as he is a free agent next year.
i like the way you make it sound like its a GOOD thing we don't get to keep Bombardir next year. "if you trade Skoula to us for a mediocre defenseman, we'll make sure your defensive depth is ONCE AGAIN DEPLETED when he leaves! what a steal! and we'll throw in a pick, most likely a low one, for your troubles! sign here!"

naah.

Old
02-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Since there has been a rash of injuries around the league, I thought I throw out a few proposals...

TO OTT: Jim Dowd

TO MINN: Stefan Schauer

I don't know how high Schauer is on your depth chart but Dowd could give them another center to work with since Bonk is down and is good defensively and can pick up the assists.
I would rather have Walz. He helped to shoot down Colorado stars in last years playoff. Schauer is back playing in Germany I believe. I think he was # 8-10 on the list.

Quote:
TO NYR: Manny Fernandez, Travis Roche, Filip Kuba, Brad Brown, and 2nd Rounder

TO MINN: Jamie Lundmark, Jake Taylor, and Correy Potter

This one is going to piss off the Ranger fans I know. Yes Fernandez is as good as Dunham or roughly as good as Dunham but Sather has come out to say he is looking for a goalie (which is a mistake but hey!). Risenbrough is looking to dump Roche, which is good for the kid because he needs a change of scenery. He could end up tapping into his offensive production. Kuba is...Kuba. I won't say he's an All-Star because he's not. He has a wicked shot and is a good 4th, 5th defenseman who can pinch well but is sometimes too soft or has a lapse but he gives the Rangers an upgrade on defense. The 2nd rounder will be high for the Rangers (40ish), which gives them a good pick too for this year's draft and Sathers can start rebuilding. They don't lose their 1st, they don't lose their second or any draft picks. They lose Taylor and Potter, which hurts a bit, and Lundmark, who hasn't worked out exactly, and I've heard he needs a change of scenary too but I think that's wash.
Besides the goalie aren't all the other players Defenseman? Hey don't the Rangers need them? Lundmark will be tough to swallow for the Rangers. I don't think that they'll move him. Maybe, if you insert Koivu somewhere in this deal NY may listen closely. Otherwise

Old
02-11-2004, 04:49 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
*shrugs* Well you wanted Skoula out of there, Bomber is a good choice. If you resign him that's good, if you don't, probably the pick will be higher (around a 4th if we have one by then!). Veteran on the defense too. That and it gives you room to move up Ballard or another one of your guys...

Old
02-11-2004, 04:53 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
I would rather have Walz. He helped to shoot down Colorado stars in last years playoff. Schauer is back playing in Germany I believe. I think he was # 8-10 on the list.
Walz will be tougher to get from the Wild then Dowd would be (we were offered a 1st rounder for him last year). *shrugs* I thought Ottawa was looking for a shut down center. Dowd is a good 4th liner...

Quote:
Besides the goalie aren't all the other players Defenseman? Hey don't the Rangers need them? Lundmark will be tough to swallow for the Rangers. I don't think that they'll move him. Maybe, if you insert Koivu somewhere in this deal NY may listen closely. Otherwise
Koivu + New York Rangers= Eric Lindros' career. Not a smart move to move Koivu to the Rangers or the Kings.

Brown and Kuba are both young defensemen, well YOUNGISH defensemen ?(Kuba is what 26-27? And Brown is 26 too I think). The other two prospects are defensemen along with Roche. And the 2nd could be used to draft another defensemen.

The way I saw it is:

Fernandez + 2nd < Lundmark

Roche + Brown= Jake Taylor

Kuba > Potter

Also I could take out Brown and Roche and thrown in Wallin...

Old
02-11-2004, 04:58 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE

I highly doubt Walz will be traded. He's pretty much Lemaires favorite player on the team and he shuts down the opposing teams top guy on a nightly basis.

Old
02-11-2004, 06:14 PM
strib

I finally agree with a TSK post. Roche would get a chance and realize his potential if given a chance with another team. And the Wild would realize what they gave up. ove to see it. As far as Kuba being traded, he is Jacques favorite son. Can't do any wrong. It will never happen.

Old
02-11-2004, 06:29 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I know Kubes is one of Lemaire's favorite but Riser could overrule Lemaire on it.

Old
02-11-2004, 09:39 PM
wazee

Quote:

No thanks. UFA-to-be Bombardir is the kind of player a team picks up for a draft pick. He is not the kind of player a team gives up a roster player for.

Old
02-11-2004, 10:39 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
From my POV I thought Skoula wasn't really a roster player...

Old
02-11-2004, 10:57 PM
wazee

Quote:
From my POV I thought Skoula wasn't really a roster player...
Well...last time I looked, he was playing over 17 minutes a game and I don't remember him missing more than a game or two this year. From my POV, that makes him a roster player.

Old
02-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
TO MON: Mikko Koivu + Matt Foy

TO MINN: Jozef Balej + Marcel Hossa

This is just for fun. A lot of people think Koivu is a bust but I hear other things about him too, like he works on the little things and that's why he doesn't stand out. Montreal fans have been wanting Koivu to come to Montreal simply because his brother is there and I thought I entertain the idea. I think Koivu still has the potential to be a number 1 center and a good player in the league but like his brother I'm a little bit weary about his injuries. Foy also gives them a gritty winger, who already has chemistry with one of their prospects. Hossa I heard his name crop up a lot on the trading block and swapping out PFs (Foy for Hossa) makes sense. Yes I know Balej is close to being your number 1 prospect and he's better than Koivu but Minnesota needs a guy like that.
Not that bad value wise, but Balej isn't going to be moved now that he's blossoming for that package. Hossa is struggling, so a change of scenery might do him good, but IMO Balej isn't available. He's got the speed and hands to become good at the NHL level. The concerns about his capacity to adapt to a more physical type of play are rapidly fading away.

And BTW, some fans want the 2 Koivu's reunited, that doesn't mean it would be a good decision hockey wise. Gainey isn't going to fall for that. Foy might interest the Habs though and Hossa could be expandable now that other prospects like Plekanec, Higgins and Balej are starting to pass him in the depth chart, so talks around those two could still be possible. But forget about Balej and Koivu. Not gonna happen.

Old
02-11-2004, 11:34 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I was joking Wazee! Yeesh! I hear your fans complain about him the entire year and want him out.

Secondly Munch, the reason I threw Hossa in there with Foy is to balance out the trade. Foy isn't going to be moved unless in a big package for a better player that can help the Wild now.

Old
02-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Secondly Munch, the reason I threw Hossa in there with Foy is to balance out the trade. Foy isn't going to be moved unless in a big package for a better player that can help the Wild now.
I understand. Would the Wild be interested in a playmaking center? Plekanec IMO could be had as well for the right price as there's already Koivu, Ribeiro and Higgins that are probably ahead of him in the depth chart (actually Higgins isn't ahead of him scoring wise, but he's being touted as the next defensive Madden type 3rd line center of the franchise). Plekanec's a fast and fiesty center. He reminds me alot of a young Saku Koivu. Plenty of quickness and strong offensive instincts. I'm sure he would thrive in the West. And even with O'Sullivan and Koivu in the system, it doesn't look like the Wild is going to get quick help at the center position any time soon, so this might be a solution. Plekanec, from what I saw of him in his quick stint in Montreal (injury callup), is NHL ready at this point.

Old
02-11-2004, 11:52 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
We also got Wallin and sometime hopefully in the future Bouchard will move back to the center position.

So far if everything goes right we got:
Koivu
Bouchard
Wallin
Cavanaugh
Cavosie
Cullen
Berzins
O'Sullivan
and
Chouchraine all down the middle along with Irmen, so no we don't need a playmaking center. We need a goal scorer.

Closed Thread