HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Lars Jonnson, Brett Carson potentials

Old
03-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Oilersrule

vCash: 500
Lars Jonnson, Brett Carson potentials

Hey guys. I am wondering what you think the potentials are for these 2 young players. Carson is rated at a 7.0B, the highest on Carolina which doesn't have as much depth as other teams. I don't know much about Jonnson. Any thoughts on these guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oilersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
MojoJojo

We saw Jonsson a bit in the NHL. We were really hopeful he would do well, after reading some of the scouting reports on him. He Looked really good on the power play, but weak in his own zone. Scouting reports compared his skating to Niedermeyer, I never saw him turn on that kind of speed. He is in the AHL until he developes the strength to play in the corners and handle the physical game, but so far has done nothing there. Could be a case of a European player that doesnt want to play in the NA minor leagues because he looks flat and played without much intesity when I've seen him. I'm sure at some point he will get another cup of coffee, but his name doesnt generate any exitement in Philly.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 03:15 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

Inferior to Andrei Kostitsyn.

But seriously, I don't know anthing about Carson, but from what I've seen of Lars Jonsson, it's nothing to write home about. He's too weak in the corners, he's the prototypical offensive defenseman who was drafted high because of that although he isn't good enough on D.

Plus, more importantly, I really question his desire. It took him a lot of time to come over to North America, and frankly I don't see him caring that he's not performing. He'll be back in Europe sooner than later.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 04:21 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
From what I saw of Carson (way back in training camp) he has good mobility for a defenseman, especially one of his size. Has a good bit of offensive upside as well although don't expect point-per-game production out of him. But to say that he's anything more then a work-in-progress at this point would be almost overgenerous. In fact I'd say that Borer, rather then Carson, is the Canes safest defensive prospect at the moment. I would expect to see Borer as soon as next season and Carson possibly the season after that.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote