HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you think of Jamie Lundmark now?

Old
03-04-2007, 04:01 PM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

vCash: 500
I say give Lundmark another season and see how he holds up. Last thing we want to do is sign him for 2-3 seasons and have his consistency drop off the map next season.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 05:13 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

You mean how like Miller is magically healty during contract years

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 04:26 PM
took420s

Seems like with his added confidence (my opinion) he has also developed a little bit of a mean streak in him no? Last night in particualr he was mixing it up a little after a few whistles.

I was expecting another floater, but he has really impressed me so far.

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:15 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That is what I had in mind when wondering if they would make another addition up front. They certainly could use an upgrade over Derek Armstrong. You look at the best teams in the league and the history of Cup champions and notice they had a strong duo (or trio) of centers, like having two first lines.

Detroit had that with Yzerman and Fedorov, Colorado with Sakic and Forsberg, Pittsburgh with Lemieux and Francis, Edmonton with Gretzky and Messier, Carolina with Staal and Brind'Amour, Tampa Bay with Lecavalier and Richards, Dallas with Modano and Nieuwendyk, etc.

The only wingers who would be considered to occupy the top two scoring lines are Cammalleri, Frolov and I guess Brown and O'Sullivan. There is nobody in Manchester or in the pipeline that is ready to compete in that role, so I would think that adding another winger would also be on Dean Lombardi's shopping list when he dips into the free agent pool.
Agree...I posted the same thing a while back. It seems like, in most of the above cases, there's that one all-around superstar and one impeccable leader who combine to create greatness.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Face Wash

This thread started as a Jamie Lundmark appreciation piece, and deservedly so, he's better than we were told he'd be. But now it's become a "Now how many Players can we sign to make this team better" Thread. And some of the ideas are really wonderful. Kinda reminds me of a song by a great old 70's British Band, kinda goes something like this:

Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer
I said "Far out, - What a day, a year, a laugh it is!"
You know, - Well you know you had it comin' to you,
Now there's not a lot I can do

Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer;
So now you put your head in your hands, oh no!
I said "Far out, - What a day, a year, a laugh it is!"
You know, - Well you know you had it comin' to you,
Now there's not a lot I can do.

Well work it out someday

If I could see something
You can see anything you want boy
If I could be someone-
You can be anyone, celebrate boy.
If I could do something-
Well you can do something,
If I could do anything-
Well can you do something out of this world?

Take a dream on a Sunday
Take a life, take a holiday
Take a lie, take a dreamer
dream, dream, dream, dream, dream along...

Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer
OH NO!

It's called a salary cap people, keep it in your pants.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Fripp

I wanted to dislike the guy, but heck if he hasn't been a great pickup.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 06:43 PM
riseandfall9

Honestly....Lets say that Lundmark doesnt score? He is still 90 times more useful to this team. I mean he is fast and he hits and hes not afraid to defend his teamates. If you give Lundmark top mins like Armstrong I think he could really materialize into somthing special. I dont think I have ever been so high on a player that has done nothen. Maybe he will fade off. But I really like the guy. I would perfer to see Lundmark re-signed over TK. But personally I would like to see TK put Thornton into retirement. The guy missed 5 scoring chances last night and then instigated a fight and got his ass kicked. Hes just not able to grind and be a force anymore.

But the wierd thing is this. We have so many centers. Armstrong , McCauley , Lundmark and of course Kopitar and Lombardi said he wants to get a TRUE #2 Center. So thats like hmmmmm. Maybe they will move Lundmark over to a wing? I cant wait to see next year lol. Ive never been more excited about the Kings before EVER. I owe like 13 people beers for the Norstrom trade and once Thornton and Modry are gone my migranes will lessen.

GOOOOOOOO KINGS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 07:05 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Lundmark did more in his first week with the Kings than Conroy did all season. Aside from the Jack Johnson trade, that was Lombardi's best move all season.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:36 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Lundmark did more in his first week with the Kings than Conroy did all season. Aside from the Jack Johnson trade, that was Lombardi's best move all season.
Exactly what I was thinking. We should re-sign him. He has speed, defensive awareness and still can pot the odd goal. I would love to see a third line of Brown, McCauley, and Lundmark next year.

As for an off season signing, Smyth would be my #1 as long as it is under 6 a year, followed by Hartnell to play with Anze and Sully. I am probably the only one happy to keep Armstrong for the next couple as he can fill in anywhere from the 2nd to 4th line. The current draft is forward loaded so we may pick up a 2nd line center for the future in it. Sign an older fart for the next 3 years until we develop a decent one.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:28 PM
ILuvLA

Perhaps a change of scenery, where there's not a lot of pressure is what Lundmark has needed. Perhaps too much was expected too soon given his draft position. Some players take longer. Who knows, only time will tell. From what I've seen so far.... He's a young guy at 25-26. Plus, as others have pointed out, in the short time he's been in LA, he's done a helluva lot more than Conroy this year. I hope that he's kept around and is given the chance to grow up with the other up & comers.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Awayboardn

Send a message via AIM to Awayboardn
Like I said when Lundmark first came over...he's solid...fast skater, great puck handling....he can score and play great on the P.K...he's doing awesome...I think is a great asset!!!

Awayboardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

He appears to be the fastest player on the current roster and has a slick set of hands. I think he's starting to get the concept of 'throwing everything on net.' Who cares what it hits or who it bounces off of, put it on net, something will happen.

Hopefully he keeps building on this opportunity and gains some confidence. If he can put it all together he'll be a good one.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:40 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

I think that Crawford can really work his magic on Lundmark and hopefully bring out more of those latent talents he obviously has. He didn't go in the first round for nothing.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote