HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais Part IV (MOD WARNING POST #1)

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2014, 02:40 PM
NOBLE27

vCash: 500
David Desharnais is going to be considered a super star or Saint some day in Montreal...at the moment I don't know which will come first.
Like most poster on here I want DD traded after the first 2 months of the season...and then the Might Heart of David kicked in. Once he got his game rolling I started watching him closer and closer and started seeing what others had already seen, namely MB, MT and Pacman.

That this little guy has game and a big heart that tells him he can be successful...and very successful. And now during the playoffs his defence game has put me into Shock. He's getting down and dirty winning faceoff, going into the offensive zone banging guys 2 times as big and when he falls he takes the D-man out of the play with him creating a 4 on 4 situation for the Habs. He's hustling back into the defensive zone and more often then not helping the D-man get the puck back and start a offensive rush.

I for one will never....every again put limitations on what David Desharnais can do. David to me is a giant fighter...every where he has been told him he would not succeed (QMJHL,ECHL,AHL and now the NHL) and of coarse the NHL playoffs.

From the bottom of my heart David I apologize...YOU HAVE MADE ME A BELIEVER!!!

Old
05-13-2014, 03:22 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
David Desharnais is going to be considered a super star or Saint some day in Montreal...at the moment I don't know which will come first.
Like most poster on here I want DD traded after the first 2 months of the season...and then the Might Heart of David kicked in. Once he got his game rolling I started watching him closer and closer and started seeing what others had already seen, namely MB, MT and Pacman.

That this little guy has game and a big heart that tells him he can be successful...and very successful. And now during the playoffs his defence game has put me into Shock. He's getting down and dirty winning faceoff, going into the offensive zone banging guys 2 times as big and when he falls he takes the D-man out of the play with him creating a 4 on 4 situation for the Habs. He's hustling back into the defensive zone and more often then not helping the D-man get the puck back and start a offensive rush.

I for one will never....every again put limitations on what David Desharnais can do. David to me is a giant fighter...every where he has been told him he would not succeed (QMJHL,ECHL,AHL and now the NHL) and of coarse the NHL playoffs.

From the bottom of my heart David I apologize...YOU HAVE MADE ME A BELIEVER!!!
Serious?

Our #1C is 16th on the team in 5 on 5 scoring in the playoffs (plus an assist on an empty-netter) and you gush like that?

I want him to succeed too and he had a good game six, like everyone on the team, but come on.

Old
05-13-2014, 05:40 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Craig Button said without Gally and Eller being on their games in G7 it will be hard to beat the Boston Goons.

Old
05-13-2014, 05:41 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Why can't I edit with the mobile version ffs.

God damn auto correct. I meant the Boston Bruins.

Old
05-13-2014, 06:08 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Rock Band View Post
Both of you have an agenda and need to start cheering for the team instead of bickering about ridiculous things. Both of you are wrong.

Eller doesn't have great vision. He has a strong work ethic, great along the boards, strong on the puck, and a good forecheck. That's why he can produce, especially in the playoffs when hard work generally overshadows skill. That's not to say Eller doesn't have any vision, he does. Eller is playing great because he's not giving up on any shift though.

Gallagher has been the best forward, Eller is probably second.

As for Desharnais, he's never been as bad defensively as people say. But this playoffs is something else. This is a whole new Davey that he's never shown before. If he played like this constantly, people would be happy to have him. Using this playoffs to prove he's good defensively - sure. But he damn well better play like this next year because now I expect so much more out of him.
Prepared to be disappointed cause while it's great that he's playing better defensively (he really is), his defensive play doesnt really comes from anticipation and reading the play (ala Plekanec for example) it comes from skating hard and fighting for pucks...

well, reality is, with his stature, he will not be able to play that way 82 games next season AND put up 50 or 60 points... just have to look around the league, guys his size are NOT 2 way players.

Old
05-13-2014, 06:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Well, i expected to be wrong....that's the whole point.

Eller isn't a playmaker, he's an all around player that can do many many things in all 3 zones.

But DD is good defensively? Than why he NEVER gets any PK times if he's that good?
Why he never get tought start in the D-zone like Eller and Plekanec?

Having said that....let's wait for the end of the season for this.
Right now it's let's go DD and Eller....and the season won't end tomorrow night, so let's be patient
Max Pacioretty gets the most favourable minutes on the team for forwards based on QOC, offensive zone starts, PP time, etc...

DD is just the most often paired center and consequently gets those minutes as well.

Been saying this for a while. You can continue to act surprised if you want though.

That being said, Eller is better suited to handle board battles than DD.

Defensively I trust someone like Eller more in the defensive zone. I trust DD more in the neutral zone. DD gets in the way of pucks pretty well, cuts off passes and has good support in terms of backcheck when other team rushes. Defensively it's his main asset IMO.

Old
05-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Max Pacioretty gets the most favourable minutes on the team for forwards based on QOC, offensive zone starts, PP time, etc...

DD is just the most often paired center and consequently gets those minutes as well.

Yeah, cause if it wasn't for "just happening" to be paired with Pacioretty the most, DD would be getting the tough minutes.

Old
05-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Well, i expected to be wrong....that's the whole point.

Eller isn't a playmaker, he's an all around player that can do many many things in all 3 zones.

But DD is good defensively? Than why he NEVER gets any PK times if he's that good?
Why he never get tought start in the D-zone like Eller and Plekanec?

Having said that....let's wait for the end of the season for this.
Right now it's let's go DD and Eller....and the season won't end tomorrow night, so let's be patient
There's the difference between me and you.

I can admit when I'm wrong. You can't.

Old
05-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Prepared to be disappointed cause while it's great that he's playing better defensively (he really is), his defensive play doesnt really comes from anticipation and reading the play (ala Plekanec for example) it comes from skating hard and fighting for pucks...

well, reality is, with his stature, he will not be able to play that way 82 games next season AND put up 50 or 60 points... just have to look around the league, guys his size are NOT 2 way players.
Well yeah, I think anyone expecting him to be a selke contender or even a regular penalty killer is going to be disappointed. Like I said, he's doing a fantastic job compensating for being shut down offensively by playing some really good defense...but he's still doing it with heavy offensive zone starts. In fact, he has started in the offensive zone these playoffs more than he did in the regular season.

I hate to sound like I'm attacking the man, because his intelligence and compete level has been fantastic on both ends these playoffs, but his future is still as an exploitation scorer. But he's far from a net negative defensively, as we have clearly seen he is capable of momentum shifting plays on both ends.

Old
05-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Been saying this for a while. You can continue to act surprised if you want though.

That being said, Eller is better suited to handle board battles than DD.

Defensively I trust someone like Eller more in the defensive zone. I trust DD more in the neutral zone. DD gets in the way of pucks pretty well, cuts off passes and has good support in terms of backcheck when other team rushes. Defensively it's his main asset IMO.
Actually Pacioretty faced tougher QoC, regular season and playoffs. One thing this playoff showed is though Desharnais might not be able to produce offensively as well as people thought, he could excel in a two-way role and help the team become a 3 line team like other contenders. I think this will improve the 5 on 5 play overall as well. For example, help boost Galchenyuk/Eller production regular season, help Plekanec return to ~60 point player, allow Vanek to move back to LW fulltime since all the offensive situations won't be a 1 line monopoly. Heck, maybe even create options like split up Pacioretty/DD and try Vanek - DD / Pacioretty - Plekanec sometimes. His PP time could be reduced, something he's generally shown to not be his strength, and give Galchenyuk/Eller a shot too. Ma

With both the offensive limitations of Desharnais and defensive capabilities have better come to light these playoffs and can perhaps help the management use him in the future in a way that can make Habs 3 line team rather than 1. Might not get more than ~40 points but team might be better.

Old
05-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Actually Pacioretty faced tougher QoC, regular season and playoffs. One thing this playoff showed is though Desharnais might not be able to produce offensively as well as people thought, he could excel in a two-way role and help the team become a 3 line team like other contenders. I think this will improve the 5 on 5 play overall as well. For example, help boost Galchenyuk/Eller production regular season, help Plekanec return to ~60 point player, allow Vanek to move back to LW fulltime since all the offensive situations won't be a 1 line monopoly. Heck, maybe even create options like split up Pacioretty/DD and try Vanek - DD / Pacioretty - Plekanec sometimes.

With both the offensive limitations of Desharnais and defensive capabilities have better come to light these playoffs and can perhaps help the management use him in the future in a way that can make Habs 3 line team rather than 1. Might not get more than ~40 points but team might be better.
Well, I still think Desharnais is more valuable in a soft matchup role - after all, he's proven to be a ~50, 60 point guy in it, and I'm not convinced he can be very productive offensively otherwise. However I don't think he needs to be babied, and it might be worth balancing things out a bit even at the expense of that line's productivity.

Old
05-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Draft

To be clear, I quite like Desharnais and think he's a valuable part of the team.

Can ANYONE think of ANY realistic trades that involve Desharnais? Are there any teams that need him?

Old
05-14-2014, 03:38 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
To be clear, I quite like Desharnais and think he's a valuable part of the team.

Can ANYONE think of ANY realistic trades that involve Desharnais? Are there any teams that need him?
I'll 2nd that motion and Boston would probably love to have DD to try and win Wed, Too bad Julien, you lose again! Cam Neely to Vancouver as GM there next up!

Old
05-14-2014, 05:01 AM
Scriptor

It's a win-win situation for DD haters. If Montreal gets eliminated, they'll say it's his fault for not producing, offensively, as a legitimate #1 C. If Montreal wins the Cup, DD will never be the playoff MVP and that will be his lacking!

Old
05-14-2014, 06:43 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
It's a win-win situation for DD haters. If Montreal gets eliminated, they'll say it's his fault for not producing, offensively, as a legitimate #1 C. If Montreal wins the Cup, DD will never be the playoff MVP and that will be his lacking!
FACT : 4 points in 10 PO games this season.
FACT : only Moen and Prust (didnt play all the games) and rookie Bournival have less than 4 points among Habs forwards.

you can be a DD lover as much as you want, but reality is, 4 points in 10 games for a guy given mostly offensive zone starts and talented wingers is bad.

Old
05-14-2014, 07:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
I'll stick to the opinion that he should have NEVER got the bashing and hate he had. Was TOTALLY uncalled for and not deserved. The guy was bashed as if he was totally unproductive, while he was productive at around a PPG. Made no sense and proved that for whatever reasons, people had clearly an agenda.

Having said all of that........nobody will convince that for the future, you can have David Desharnais as your #1 centerman or just a top 6 player. Nobody. Ever.

Old
05-14-2014, 04:42 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Would sure like some offense from DD#1C and he leads the team to victory tonight!

Bumping this one up before the game.

I hope you dont mind JLP.

Old
05-14-2014, 04:48 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Bumping this one up before the game.

I hope you dont mind JLP.
Go dd !
Go Habs Go !!!

Old
05-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Blade8019

Smurf king

Old
05-14-2014, 07:43 PM
whisperNthewind8

I love this man. Smallest guy on the ice and he is winning puck battles left and right.

Old
05-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Gary320

What ever happens... David Desharnais showed that he shows up vs Big boys. He was great in this entire series (atleast for me)

Old
05-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Andrei79

Played one hell of game, what a player!!!! Screw the haters

Old
05-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Hope Of Glory

Credit when it's due. One of his best game ever.

Old
05-14-2014, 08:57 PM
cave troll

Unreal game by DD.
He'll never get off my avatar after tonight.

Old
05-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Saved the best game of his career for the most important game of his career

Closed Thread