HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse deserves to stay with Koivu and Ryder!

Old
03-14-2007, 01:38 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Latendresse deserves to stay with Koivu and Ryder!

Guillaume plays his best with them and Higgins/Plekanec seems to have a great chemistry. Plus, everytime the kid has been put with those two he produced. The kid has been on fire for the last 3 games and nobody is talking about him. All you hear is Kostistyn this, Kostistyn that. Well, great, because in the time, Guillaume is producing on the top line and proving all the doubters wrong... again. Ok, he played like crap for awhile but all the team did. Plus, everytime Carbo turned to him to replace key players, he delivered. Maybe, only maybe that's why Carbo keeps using him when someone goes down instead of bringing another player from Hamilton.

I wanted to congratulate Lats on his great game yesterday. Heck, all the kids played great and stepped up. Kovy who?

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan View Post
Guillaume plays his best with them and Higgins/Plekanec seems to have a great chemistry. Plus, everytime the kid has been put with those two he produced. The kid has been on fire for the last 3 games and nobody is talking about him. All you hear is Kostistyn this, Kostistyn that. Well, great, because in the time, Guillaume is producing on the top line and proving all the doubters wrong... again. Ok, he played like crap for awhile but all the team did. Plus, everytime Carbo turned to him to replace key players, he delivered. Maybe, only maybe that's why Carbo keeps using him when someone goes down instead of bringing another player from Hamilton.

I wanted to congratulate Lats on his great game yesterday. Heck, all the kids played great and stepped up. Kovy who?
If Lats continues to put the effort out he has since he was benched. Then I have no problems with him playing on the 1st line with Koivu and Ryder. Especially since our second line Higs/Pleks/Kosty seems to be the real deal.

03-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

For a change, Carbo's line combinations have been working. Between them, the first and second lines produced all the goals last night. I hope Kost isn't seated when Kovalev and Bonk return. There's no room for Samsonov on any line.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Maxpac

Not really that he desirves it for his performances for the last month but it's the best fit right now, since Higgins-Pleckanek-Kostytsin have amaizing chemistry, all 3 playing hard every shift, all having nice hands, nice shots and no puckhogers!, Kovalev had an awesome game with Begin-Lappierre. I don't think thqat the Johnson-Bonk-Murray will be broken anytime soon too even if i can't stand Murray. Latendresse need's to play a much simpler game. he needs to play more physical and stay closer to the goal crease that he has for the last 2 months, if so he'l burry alot of Ryder's rebounds

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder
Higgins-Pleckanek-Kostitsyn
Johson-Bonk-Streit
Kovalev-Lappierre-Bégin

those would be my lines till the end of the year

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder/UFA
Higgins/Kovalev-Grabovski/UFA-Kostitsyn
Perezhogin-Pleckanek-Kovalev/Higgins
Bégin-Lappierre-???

these are my lines for next year

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:17 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
Not really that he desirves it for his performances for the last month but it's the best fit right now, since Higgins-Pleckanek-Kostytsin have amaizing chemistry, all 3 playing hard every shift, all having nice hands, nice shots and no puckhogers!, Kovalev had an awesome game with Begin-Lappierre. I don't think thqat the Johnson-Bonk-Murray will be broken anytime soon too even if i can't stand Murray. Latendresse need's to play a much simpler game. he needs to play more physical and stay closer to the goal crease that he has for the last 2 months, if so he'l burry alot of Ryder's rebounds

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder
Higgins-Pleckanek-Kostitsyn
Johson-Bonk-Streit
Kovalev-Lappierre-Bégin

those would be my lines till the end of the year

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder/UFA
Higgins/Kovalev-Grabovski/UFA-Kostitsyn
Perezhogin-Pleckanek-Kovalev/Higgins
Bégin-Lappierre-???

these are my lines for next year
That's exactly what he did yesterday. He went to the net and stand in the slot and it paid. He is big and strong, he has to continue to use those attritubes not only by hitting people but by creating space and putting garbage goals home. He also has a canon shot and he needs to use it more. When he is on his game he seems so much faster... If he can be consistent, he'll be a beast in this league. With Plekanec, Higgins, Ryder, Kostistyn and Latendresse playing well, the Habs future looks good!

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:21 PM
frederixx

the guy is not the same since he was benched. he has good hands and makes room for his linemates.

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:39 PM
hab

no question he has the hands to stay as a top line player

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
kostitsyn1489

The reason why people praise kostitsyn louder then latendrsse these days is because media says Latendresse is the best player of all time after a normal hit. So they just try to give the same hype to Kostitsyn.

And yeah Latendresse is doing good with koivu and ryder, but well yesterday he scored 2 pretty easy goal. Even murray couldve sored those lol. I like the way he plays lately but kost was better yesterday IMO

Both are doing good and both deserve top 6 time.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
The reason why people praise kostitsyn louder then latendrsse these days is because media says Latendresse is the best player of all time after a normal hit. So they just try to give the same hype to Kostitsyn.

And yeah Latendresse is doing good with koivu and ryder, but well yesterday he scored 2 pretty easy goal. Even murray couldve sored those lol. I like the way he plays lately but kost was better yesterday IMO

Both are doing good and both deserve top 6 time.
you think murray would have picked the top corner from the slot?

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:45 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Well the goalie was out of his crease he has an empty net. Maybe murray wouldve shot on the hot dog stand tho.

Old
03-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Judge Sauer*

Do we really have to have multiple threads about Lats when he scores the night before?

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:51 PM
kostitsyn1489

Well you hear his name everywhere in the media after every game. Isnt it enough?

Edit: On this board Latendresse got his hype earlier this season and I think some were pissed off because carbo used him a lot on the yop lin while he wasnt great. People who likes Kostitsyn and are telling guy who doesnt like him much that he wont bust are just happy now and want to show other people that they were right.

Old
03-14-2007, 02:56 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro oop007 View Post
Do we really have to have multiple threads about Lats when he scores the night before?
YOu have not learned that it is a must? The kid plays terribly for a month and you don't hear anything. A couple of good games and he is god. Let's face it Kots is a much more talented player and a couple of his assists yesterday showed that. That being said, I think both of these guys have a great future with the Habs for different reason as they bring different skill sets to the team.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:

WOW! He's producing on the top line, wow. thats impressive. Cause even bulis couldn't do that if given the chance for Koivu to bank in pucks off of his head.

Woopty doo. Kostitsyn is producing on lines Guillame could not even produce on. That's why people are giving him props and not Guillame who did NOTHING when not on the first line.

kThx

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
habslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
WOW! He's producing on the top line, wow. thats impressive. Cause even bulis couldn't do that if given the chance for Koivu to bank in pucks off of his head.

Woopty doo. Kostitsyn is producing on lines Guillame could not even produce on. That's why people are giving him props and not Guillame who did NOTHING when not on the first line.

kThx
Why can't we be happy for both players, they are both good and bring different things to the team. Too bad you are so negative

habslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:

I agree he played one of his best games this year.

On an unrelated side note, I don't mind if people rip Kostitsyn or Latendresse. They're both fair game. What I find irrelevant at this point is to diss one because we're a fan of the other.

The situation where both are battling for the same spot will likely never happen again (unless by some freak happening, the Habs manage to sign a bunch of blue chip UFAs in the off-season) They're different types of players. And with so many holes up front, they'll both sink or swim with the Canadians because of their performance or because of the coach's personal like or dislike of what each brings to the club (not Carbo's preference of one over the other).

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Shabutie

Lats has looked pretty good these last 2 games. He seems a lot better without the puck then he used to. He had 2 great defensive plays that might have saved a goal last game.

He'd be a lot more consistent if he wasn't so slow.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
that's not really fair since Murray can't even complete a pass let alone take one

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Demogod*

Quote:

If the past benching and demotions of the other players are any indication as to what his perfomance "deserves" he needs 3 more years in the AHL.

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:53 PM
goldglove

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Samsonov - Bonk - Kovalev
Johnson - Lapierre - Begin

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:14 PM
phil

I think we should keep last game's lines... they were explosive and showed great chemistry... Pleck's goal on the Kots pass was great to see... Lats will keep on producing if we keep him on this line...

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:33 PM
RC51

I have a different take on Latendresse.
I see a few things don't you?

When he plays against a regular speed defence he looks much better.
When he plays with Lapierre or Pleks as centers he takes a bigger role,
charges for the net more looking for that pass, when he plays with Kovalev sure he goes to the net but to screen for the point shot because Kovalev's first pass goes to Sauray almost every time so Tender stays real close to the goalie. When it's Pleks or Lapierre he looks for the open space 10 ft out and shows his stick on the ice as a target.
When he plays on the 4th line his first thought is to hit hit hit and then to try to find someone open in front.

Latendresse is good just about everywhere but his best use is that 10 slot area when he can be that target and if the puck goes to the goal area it's only 2 steps from the 10ft area to the goal and he is tough to stop him getting there.

Latendresse has tried to do exactly what the coach is asking for each line he plays on. The only time he looks out of place is when the habs play a very fast defence or a very fast team in general, it's not his strong suit. I am sure he will spend the entire off season in skate school getting the extra step.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:22 PM
le_sean

Well don't fix what's not broken right? Right now I would not touch the top-6 as they played fantastic last night. If I were Carbo I'd try...

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Samsonov - Bonk - Kovalev
Begin - Lapierre - Johnson

Might as well try that 3rd line out, if you're going to play Samsonov that is, they are paying for his "services" crappy or not). It makes the 4th line look very respectable since Carbo will always find a way to play them. But if you're not going to play Sammy I'd go with

Kovalev - Bonk - Johnson
Begin - Lapierre - Streit

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:24 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Let's not turn this into a Latendresse vs. Kostitsyn debate. They both bring different things to the table. Why should anyone be bitter about Kostitsyn getting well-deserved praise over Latendresse who has seen tons of it?

Sure, Lats is great, but he hasn't come over from another country, not knowing the language and having to adapt. It's much more rewarding to see Kostitsyn have a big night because of the adaptation he's had to endure to get here.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Let's not turn this into a Latendresse vs. Kostitsyn debate. They both bring different things to the table. Why should anyone be bitter about Kostitsyn getting well-deserved praise over Latendresse who has seen tons of it?

Sure, Lats is great, but he hasn't come over from another country, not knowing the language and having to adapt. It's much more rewarding to see Kostitsyn have a big night because of the adaptation he's had to endure to get here.
You know those assists were the 7th, 8th and 9th points of his career in the NHL. It was clearly his best game as a Hab, but let's not get carried away.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote