HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers call up Callahan and Liffiton

Old
03-14-2007, 07:36 PM
NYROrtsFan

vCash: 500
There is no way that Calahan should be in there for Orr... That means VERY few minutes.

If he plays, let it be on the top 3 lines and then the argument would become Isbister or Orr. Personally i'd stick with Orr. I started to doubt that after Isbister played those couple games but lately he's just not been good. And at least Orr brings something to the table.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Nich

how about

isbister - nylander - jagr
straka - cullen - prucha
avery - dubinksy - cally
hollweeg - blair - orts

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:16 PM
shoothepuck

NY needs to play someone who can help out and score. Callahan needs to be played where he can get that chance,(not the 4th line). Isbister has 2 points in all the games he's played for the big club this season, (1 goal and an assist last night), so sitting him, NY won't lose any firepower.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:35 PM
outofrange

Do my eyes deceive me? This is GREAT. I seriously am loving the kids getting all of these chances.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:38 PM
NYRMatt

Say hello to your new team the New York Wolfpack or the New York Wolfrangers.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I totally agree. Orr has a purpose and does a job. Isbister does nothing but take up a roster spot.
good solid point. Liffiton is a mean SOB that everytime I see him play he in a fight or taking hard nose mean penalties. He hates the Islanders I really hope he can become a number 5-6 defense men next season

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Captain11

sorry to be a spoiler but i think cally will end up being onthe 4th line....and im not really opposed to it

Isbister-Nylander-Jagr (isbister shouldnt be there, but who else but nylander and jagr can carry the load)
Straka-Dubinsky-Avery (this has been the line for most of dubi's time here, i believe)
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer (seriously, i wouldnt move this line at all)
Hollweg-Betts-Callahan

i guess one could make a case that avery would get shifted up to the 1st with isbister playing on the second, or on the fourth (swapping with cally), but ive just got a bad feeling cally is gonna get the short end of the stick.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN View Post
My fear is if Callahan is playing that it means Straka can't. Which to me is a bad thing.
That would be bad , but we also might not need Orr in Atlanta....

03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain11 View Post
sorry to be a spoiler but i think cally will end up being onthe 4th line....and im not really opposed to it

Isbister-Nylander-Jagr (isbister shouldnt be there, but who else but nylander and jagr can carry the load)
Straka-Dubinsky-Avery (this has been the line for most of dubi's time here, i believe)
Hollweg-Betts-Callahan

i guess one could make a case that avery would get shifted up to the 1st with isbister playing on the second, or on the fourth (swapping with cally), but ive just got a bad feeling cally is gonna get the short end of the stick.
The problem with Isbister-Nylander-Jagr is that Jagr and Nylander think pass first and Isbister is not a great finsher. Isbister has been great along the boards though and he will park in front of the net but still....Man do I miss Marcel. He really had shown some maturity and looked GREAT on Jagrs opposite wing

Cally on the 4th line with Hollywood and Betts is very anti climatic. I love the role they play but Cally is a sniper. Those guys are going to set up the rook for the big GWG?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Bench isbister he has worse hands then Orts

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:43 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain11 View Post

Hollweg-Betts-Callahan

If the placement of Dubi is any indicator, Callahan will play with Isbister and Dubinsky. My guess is that Straka, who took a shot to his shoulder last night, won't be able to go. Renney will keep his lines intact, and put Cally with Dubi...they were playing together with Byers, so Renney will spoon-feed Cally like he has Dubi.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Janerixon

i think there are 3 players that could be scratched and one who could be hurt, straka could be hurt but he came back to play and actually had a few really good chances (deflection and shot). im sure he is in pain but i think he will suck it up

isbister, orr, and ortmeyer (yep jed) would be the 3 players who i think could be scratched in favor of callahan

isbister makes the most sense, since callahan could jump into a scoring line spot since straka or prucha could be moved up to play with the nylander-jagr tandem and callahan takes a vacant spot in a chance to score

i dont think renney will dress callahan on the 4th line, he will not score any goals with betts and hollweg and renney knows it, thats an energy line and nothing more

straka-nylander-jagr
prucha-cullen-callahan
avery-dubinsky-ortmeyer
hollweg-betts-orr

thats what i hope we see, could see avery on the top lin3 and straka on the 3rd as well

but i dont see callahan getting icetime on the 4th line, he was called up to score he needs to play with playmakers

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:10 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Bench isbister he has worse hands then Orts
Disagree wholeheartedly (Sp?) Isbister has more goals in a season (99-00 with 22) that Jed's had in his whole career (8)

ORTS 166 GP 8 G 14 A 22 PTS
IZZY 477 GP 100 G 108 A 208 PTS

No comparison.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:26 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

heres what i think..........(hope)

prucha-nylander.jagr

straka-cullen-avery

callahan-dubinsky-orts

hollweg-betts-orr

callahan and dubinsky have chemistry from hartford already....but who really knows.....gotta wait n see......either way im pretty excited to see him in the lineup

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
isbister, orr, and ortmeyer (yep jed) would be the 3 players who i think could be scratched in favor of callahan
No way Jed gets sat down. I know he f'd up on that clear but the guy is Mr Hustle and he blocks many a shot and plays the good pk

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:31 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
callahan and dubinsky have chemistry from hartford already....but who really knows.....gotta wait n see......either way im pretty excited to see him in the lineup
Maybe that's why Dubinsky was brought up to begin with. I think Callahan was in the plans. They wanted to see how Dubinsky was, then if he played well bring up Callahan to complement him. At least that's what I hope. Either that or maybe I'm just making Renney look smarter than he is.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
i think there are 3 players that could be scratched and one who could be hurt, straka could be hurt but he came back to play and actually had a few really good chances (deflection and shot). im sure he is in pain but i think he will suck it up

isbister makes the most sense, since callahan could jump into a scoring line spot since straka or prucha could be moved up to play with the nylander-jagr tandem and callahan takes a vacant spot in a chance to score

i dont think renney will dress callahan on the 4th line, he will not score any goals with betts and hollweg and renney knows it, thats an energy line and nothing more

straka-nylander-jagr
prucha-cullen-callahan
avery-dubinsky-ortmeyer
hollweg-betts-orr

thats what i hope we see, could see avery on the top lin3 and straka on the 3rd as well

but i dont see callahan getting icetime on the 4th line, he was called up to score he needs to play with playmakers
If Straka's hurt, it's pretty simple. Callahan plays. To me, I don't care whether he gets 5 minutes or 15 minutes at this stage of the game but IF Straka is out, he will be on the 2nd or 3rd line getting Dubi like minutes (Cally-Dubi-Isbister)..

If everybody (straka, Holly) is a go, the only two possibilities to be benched are Isbister and Orr...Isbister just provides much more flexibility and a better hockey player that could allow Renney to adjust within a game....Holly and Orr together are just too one dimensional

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:49 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Zipay thinks Callahan will replace Orr and that Straka will play.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:57 PM
lotus

Love Cally. Top line minutes for him. Isbister who?

I feel bad for the hardcore pack fans watching all their stars go away at a crucial time of the year haha. But they better also be Ranger fans if they're pack fans so I guess they can't be too upset.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 01:22 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Zipay thinks Callahan will replace Orr and that Straka will play.
Orr should play vs the Thrashers. Callahan should replace Isbister. Exelby will try to run Jagr and others. Sutton and Boulton are pretty tough as well.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Orr should play vs the Thrashers. Callahan should replace Isbister. Exelby will try to run Jagr and others. Sutton and Boulton are pretty tough as well.
Isbister has played great hockey, i wouldnt bench him at all. I would bench Betts or Orr WAY before Isbister.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 01:41 AM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Isbister has played great hockey, i wouldnt bench him at all. I would bench Betts or Orr WAY before Isbister.
Isbister has played well.....well for Isbister atleast, but still not bad by any means. I wouldn't want Orr playing. Hollweg will take care of Exelby, he has a grudge on him and I like it. Last year he just absolutely crunched his head into the boards (with a legal hit!) and this year there was a nasty knee on knee (not so legal hit!).

Straka Nylander Jagr
Callahan Dubinsky Avery
Prucha Cullen Orty
Isbister Betts Hollweg

I think it will be something like that. And I'm so not a fan of putting Straka Nylander and Jagr together. But I think Straka will play. Dudes a gamer, always has been.

I'd rather see those lines above with Straka and Callahan swapped. I'm not gonna knock Isbister but unless Straka is only capable of limited ice time, I think that would make the most sense. Besides, if Callahan plays with Jagr, wouldn't you think there's a strong chance for him to snag some sneaky goals / scoring chances while people pay attention to Jagr and say the hell with this AHL'er ?

But that's me, not Renney who knows better than to give Callahan more than a minute or two worth of NHL snow.

Old
03-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I agree about Isbister. ANd I wouldn't touch Betts either..The only onethat makes sense to sit is Orr (unless Holly can't go)..This is not the time of year to worry about being run or intimidated..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 01:54 AM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
I agree about Isbister. And I wouldn't touch Betts either..The only onethat makes sense to sit is Orr (unless Holly can't go)..This is not the time of year to worry about being run or intimidated..
Betts is still our best faceoff man. That alone is almost enough to have a spot on the bench. Though if someone wants to dig up Cullen's faceoff numbers lately I think he's been doing rather well too.

I'm too tired, bedtime!

Old
03-15-2007, 02:03 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Just please get Malik and Rozsival out of the lineup.

Those two assclowns couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote