HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Samsonov consensus

Old
03-14-2007, 02:39 PM
MoonlightGraham

vCash: 500
No. And it has nothing to do with his whining. Kostitsyn and Latendresse need ice-time next year.

However, I do think he will have a better year next year. Hopefully it's going to be with another team.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
Would you guys like to see him back next year, provided he even wants to come back?

Personally I would.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 03:17 PM
orignl6

the weakest character people in the world are those who GANG UP on a person.

samsonov undoubtedly has had problems this year. any mistake on the ice has given people the oppurtunity rag on him relentlesly.(from day one)

unfortunately , no player can defend himself from people who want to see you fail.

he was trying to defend himself. in doing so he used one wrong word in regret .

i would think what he meant he was sorry for the way things have played out.

orignl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Russians View Post
Darn! Got me there! Can't argue with that rebuttal! TWO laughing emoticons!

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:11 PM
phil

I don't want him back, he doesn't want to be back... could we just fire him and never talk about him wearing a habs jersey again?

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:32 PM
GoHabsGO252006

IF he came back then so be it, but I would say no thanks.. I'd much rather put that cap space towards someone who fits into the system.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

He'll play again. But probably sit a little more, maybe not. He went to the optional today. He wants back in. We all know what he can do. Does he want it?

It all depends on how much Carbo wants to instill this in him. How long? He's being punished and Carbo might not have wanted to expose him to home ice boobirds.

"Expect the unexpected"

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by habn8r View Post

samsonov undoubtedly has had problems this year. any mistake on the ice has given people the oppurtunity rag on him relentlesly.(from day one)

unfortunately , no player can defend himself from people who want to see you fail.

What wrong word(s) did he use when he asked to be traded and was put on waivers earlier in the season?

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
I expect Samsonov to have a better season next year, especially since it will be the last year of his contract.
I thought of this too and that's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

However...you don't spew that garbage to the media time and again. I do think Carbo has a bit of a hand in the downward spiral that is Sergei Samsonov in a Habs jersey. Carbo should have recognized that putting him on the same line as Kovalev wasn't working. It never worked. They're too similar of a player.

But, at the end of the day, it's up to the player to produce and for a guy who's making $3.5 million/season to have 9 goals as of mid-March, he should be keeping his trap shut and focusing on what's wrong with his game. I wouldn't be shocked if he has played his last game as a Montreal Canadien. I think they'll buy him out at season's end.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS456 View Post
No. Sending him to Hamilton or Cincinnati is better since it would be $0 on the cap.
He would be a bad influence to the kids at Hamilton.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Penalty Killer

See ya, Sammy. He's burned his bridges here. And he's been a bigger distraction than Ribs, Dags and Theo combined.

My only problem is, we'll probably end up getting another Niinimaa for him....

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:06 PM
LesCanadiens

NO!!!!

Let him get a job at some newspaper rag....seems he loves the media more than his team and the fans.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:47 PM
FF de Mars

No

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:55 PM
les Habs

Never wanted him in the first place.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:08 AM
flappuck

Judging by Niinimaa's comments, I don't think players want to see him back on the team.

«C’est une situation difficile sur le plan personnel, je l’admets, mais j’ai le mérite d’avoir travaillé fort afin d’être prêt. Et je me suis fermé la trappe, même si la tentation était forte. J’ai souvent tourné la langue sept fois avant de parler.

""On a personal level, it's a difficult situation I admit it, but I have the merit of working hard in order to be ready. And I shut my trap about it, even if the temptation was strong. I often had to think twice before talking."

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:41 AM
guapo23

What does "Mcgillisize" mean ?

I assume it has something to do with a player named McGillles ?

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:45 AM
guapo23

Buy him out or send him down.

Yes, Carbo may have made a mistake or two with him but Sammy was paid a LOT of money and didn't produce. He got 2nd line minutes for way longer than he deserved.

Any player that whines incessantly to the media about ice time is a CANCER.
He keeps getting his agent involved.
What's up with this guy ?

Be a man and go talk to the coach or GM.
If you are unhappy, talk about behind closed doors.
It shows huge disrespect to the organisation to keep crying to the media.

These issues should have been internal problems solved by player & coach & GM.
There was no need to tell the whole world and turn it into a soap opera...

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by habn8r View Post

very well said.

ive always thought samsonov was wrong when he opened his mouth too many times. but i have no clue how it feels like to play for the most pressured hockey club in the world, especially when he has had a bad season....no matter what the reason.

all parties concerned admitted that the samsonov case was badly delt with, carbo admitted that he didnt do too well with samsonov at first, and samsonov admits he has a bad year. but from what ive seen, its not lack of effort. the only time he actually cost us anything was the last game he played. And hes being crucified for it....yes he made a mistake, but every single player has made some, samsonov is the only player consistantly getting benched....i can think of other players that should have been benched along with him (like a so called captain who consistantly gets called for a dumbass penality while WE are on te power play).

Everyone from the media to the fans, have bashed him from day one. There is a place for sammy in this club, but like someone else said, we need to leave him alone and let him and the rest of the team play. I still say support all the habs, no matter who is doing good and who isnt, it isnt one player that is bringing us down and its not going to be one player that will save us. Eventually decisions will be made based on things we know nothing about regarding who will stay and who wont.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Form and Substance

No I want him back, besides the fact that he's overpaid and no team would want him, I don't think we have anything to lose by giving him a second chance. I'm sure he's going to bounce back and score 60-70 pts. You guys sound like no player has ever had a bad year ever. The only real conundrum is finding a place for Kostitsyn and perhaps Grabo. Hell let's pull off a Buffalo and have 3 real offensive lines. And keep Bonk on the 4th.

We should get rid of Murray (even though i like his gritty play) and downey (who has 0 hockey sense and is a pretty useless fighter, good team guy though)

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 06:29 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
What does "Mcgillisize" mean ?

I assume it has something to do with a player named McGillles ?
New Jersey has had Dan McGillis and his $2.2M contract in the AHL for the past couple of seasons to dodge the cap hit. It's debateable whether McGillis is good enough for the NHL anymore... he always had mobility issues that were exposed somewhat in the post-lockout game... but it's still hard to believe he isn't better than some of the various bottom pairing guys around. But regardless of that, New Jersey couldn't handle his salary, so he's in the AHL, still getting paid $2.2M, but none of it counts against New Jersey's salary cap.

Hence, when we say "McGillisize" we mean put the player in the AHL to dodge his cap hit, just like New Jersey did with Dan McGillis.

He's the most promiment player that has happened to, I believe, so he gets naming rights. (Others like Mogilny have been subsequently erased with injuries and/or like Sean Burke were in the over-35 category so they still counted on the cap, guys like Nolan Baumgartner and Petr Nedved were claimed on re-entry waivers, others like Tverdovsky, Ozolinsh, and Kasparaitis have so far seemed to dodge the bullet overall... so McGillis stands out as the leading longterm example.)

And I have no problem McGillisizing Samsonov... we have kids coming up who are better players than him, period. There are only so many scoring line spots, and I happen to think we have them filled. Kostitsyn deserves one. Latendresse, Ryder, Higgins. I think we really have to promote Grabovski at some point next year. And I'd be ready to try Perezhogin more often if it came down to it. There's simply no spot for Samsonov's game in the lineup. And we need his $3.5M desperately to either re-sign or rebuild our D. So IMHO that makes Samsonov a prime candidate for McGillisization even before all of his whining.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 06:41 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I don't really agree. I think Samsonov has shown throughout the season what kind of individual he is and one thing that is for certain is he's no team player. Ribeiro was shipped out for less than that. So were Bulis and Zednik. Samsonov is history in Montreal. He doesn't deserve a second chance and hopefully for the good of this team, won't get it either. He'd only be a distraction at training camp.
On the subject of team player, did you guys hear Niniima's comments yesterday? He said basically the same things Samsonov said but put a different twist on it. He said sitting out he felt like complaining and would get very angry but for the good of the team he kept quite and waited for his turn. I'm wondering if Niniima was reproaching or ecohing Samsonov's comments?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:14 AM
BJCOLLINS

I think we will have Sammy until draft day when we trade him with 90th pick for #89 or something like that.
And he will prolly score 70-80 pts. next year with a hat trick against the Habs. Not that I care, it's time to move on.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
I think we will have Sammy until draft day when we trade him with 90th pick for #89 or something like that.
And he will prolly score 70-80 pts. next year with a hat trick against the Habs. Not that I care, it's time to move on.
Considering his career high in points is only 75 and he did that like 8 years ago, I doubt that will happen.

If Samsonov didn't dress last game when Carbo used TWO defensemen as forwards, then he is never going to dress again this season (hopefully never again for the Habs).

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:24 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He's making 3.5 million dollars and he sucks. Complain all you want, useless maggott. I didn't want you on my team in the first place, our whole AHL team could come up and produce better than Samsonov.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:52 AM
PeteLaframboise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
New Jersey has had Dan McGillis and his $2.2M contract in the AHL for the past couple of seasons to dodge the cap hit. It's debateable whether McGillis is good enough for the NHL anymore... he always had mobility issues that were exposed somewhat in the post-lockout game... but it's still hard to believe he isn't better than some of the various bottom pairing guys around. But regardless of that, New Jersey couldn't handle his salary, so he's in the AHL, still getting paid $2.2M, but none of it counts against New Jersey's salary cap.

Hence, when we say "McGillisize" we mean put the player in the AHL to dodge his cap hit, just like New Jersey did with Dan McGillis.

He's the most promiment player that has happened to, I believe, so he gets naming rights. (Others like Mogilny have been subsequently erased with injuries and/or like Sean Burke were in the over-35 category so they still counted on the cap, guys like Nolan Baumgartner and Petr Nedved were claimed on re-entry waivers, others like Tverdovsky, Ozolinsh, and Kasparaitis have so far seemed to dodge the bullet overall... so McGillis stands out as the leading longterm example.)

And I have no problem McGillisizing Samsonov... we have kids coming up who are better players than him, period. There are only so many scoring line spots, and I happen to think we have them filled. Kostitsyn deserves one. Latendresse, Ryder, Higgins. I think we really have to promote Grabovski at some point next year. And I'd be ready to try Perezhogin more often if it came down to it. There's simply no spot for Samsonov's game in the lineup. And we need his $3.5M desperately to either re-sign or rebuild our D. So IMHO that makes Samsonov a prime candidate for McGillisization even before all of his whining.
Thanks, it inlighten me aswell, but I have one question, why did the Devils had to get a "special injury" ruling to dodge Mogilny cap hit ?

PeteLaframboise is offline   Reply With Quote