HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT : Dave Hilton returns to the ring

Old
03-14-2007, 01:11 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenator1 View Post
A lot of child molesters, or similar types of criminals can fool people into thinking they are a nice guy. They usually have an act in order to seem trusting to gain access to children. Now this guy molested his own kids, so it doesn't apply here, but many evildoers have the ability to seem nice, and fool people.

I can't believe Hilton has "fans" or people that would want his autograph. Maybe his "personality" fooled them.

I can only hope something very bad happens to him inside the ring.

He is still in denial about his crimes, apparently.

What a sicko.
I guess people are more than their worst 'trait' [and yeah, I know trait's not the word I mean] Hitler loved dogs apparently.

I was a fan of the 3 fighting brothers, years ago. Any Mtl fight fan was. You always sort of knew, there was more to the story though. Older guys I worked with told stories about stuff the old man had did. The kids were 'home schooled'. I don't think there was ever a question of being contributors to society. I don't think they ever had a chance. I'm sure anyone whose followed boxing or gossiped with anyone has heard more Hilton stories than this board's censorship would allow thru.

There are some crimes that it isn't a case of doing your time, or paying your debt, and child molestation's at the top of the list.

People asking for an autograph now, hard to imagine. It doesn't speak all that well for our species.

If you think about it, what do these guys know other than fighting ? They either get in a ring or they do someone's collections or knock over convenience stores. Keep 'em in the ring.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:19 PM
BORAT

Anyone read the book his daughters wrote '' Le Coeur au Beurre noir '' ?

I read it a while back ... though I had to put it down ...

Alot of people say Hilton did his time ... but if this happened in the states he'd be looking at a minimum of 16 years to 37 years in jail ...

The sentence he got for destroying their lives ... is a joke ...

I don't envy the USA on some things ... but our justice system is a joke ...

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I guess people are more than their worst 'trait' [and yeah, I know trait's not the word I mean] Hitler loved dogs apparently.

I was a fan of the 3 fighting brothers, years ago. Any Mtl fight fan was. You always sort of knew, there was more to the story though. Older guys I worked with told stories about stuff the old man had did. The kids were 'home schooled'. I don't think there was ever a question of being contributors to society. I don't think they ever had a chance. I'm sure anyone whose followed boxing or gossiped with anyone has heard more Hilton stories than this board's censorship would allow thru.

There are some crimes that it isn't a case of doing your time, or paying your debt, and child molestation's at the top of the list.

People asking for an autograph now, hard to imagine. It doesn't speak all that well for our species.

If you think about it, what do these guys know other than fighting ? They either get in a ring or they do someone's collections or knock over convenience stores. Keep 'em in the ring.
Sadly that's just the way that our society is. If you want to take it a step further, there are woman out there that write letters to Paul Bernardo everyday asking him to marry them. There are also sick people out there that write letters to Manson and ask him if they can be involved in his cult.

03-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post
Anyone read the book his daughters wrote '' Le Coeur au Beurre noir '' ?

I read it a while back ... though I had to put it down ...

Alot of people say Hilton did his time ... but if this happened in the states he'd be looking at a minimum of 16 years to 37 years in jail ...

The sentence he got for destroying their lives ... is a joke ...

I don't envy the USA on some things ... but our justice system is a joke ...
I totally understand your point BORAT, the sentence that Hilton received was a joke. I haven't read the book and honestly I can't see myself reading it in the future. But from what I've heard they should have locked him in jail and thrown away the key.

The sad thing is, Hilton did serve the sentence that was handed to him, or atleast most of it. So now that he has served his court appointed time, it should be over and done with.

I'm not saying if you see him on the street that you should run over and give him a hug and ask how he's doing. But he committed a crime, and he's served his time. Like I stated in a previous post, if you want to get angry at something, be angry at our government for having such minimal penalties for such crimes.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:44 PM
!nkubus

The only ring that he deserve is his anal ring to be ***** in prison...

sorry I have no respect for rapist.

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
rick1042

I met the the two oldest brothers twice. Both times they were really nice and respectuff until they had one drop of alcool in them. Then, they became savages, trying to hit anyone who got near them.

Their dad is an incredible piece of work. Starts training them at 4 years old by teaching how to punch each other when they had guests over. After the first 3 boys were born, they had a fourth child, a little girl. Dave senior tought it would ruin the image so he sent her off to Ontario to live with his mother-in-law making sure she never showed up in Quebec as to not ruin the mystic of the fighting Hiltons, he punched a 70 year old man in a store over a Celine Dion CD (unforgivable in so many ways in my book). This stuff is in a biography that was written about them.

Now, David is a convicted rapist, Alex is back in jail, Matthew is living in a one-bedroom appartment in Hochelaga-Maisoneuve legally blind and Jimmy is dead.

I have no interest in Dave Juniors "carreer" and could not respect any person who spends even 0.10$ on this joke!

rick1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Shred

Quote:
Just another random semi-related story about how nuts his family was. There was a documentary I saw, and they interviewed his mother. She kept every single thing that was published in the paper about her boys. Including that time her sons did that hold-up in a Dunkin Donuts with their Hilton boxing suits with the name in the back on. Anyhow, I think that was prior to Dave Hilton going to jail, but it's still crazy how she can be proud of that stuff.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Judge Sauer*

I just hope that the first guy that Hilton fights is a father as well and just beats the living **** out of him.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:50 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick767 View Post
I met the the two oldest brothers twice. Both times they were really nice and respectuff until they had one drop of alcool in them. Then, they became savages, trying to hit anyone who got near them.

Their dad is an incredible piece of work. Starts training them at 4 years old by teaching how to punch each other when they had guests over. After the first 3 boys were born, they had a fourth child, a little girl. Dave senior tought it would ruin the image so he sent her off to Ontario to live with his mother-in-law making sure she never showed up in Quebec as to not ruin the mystic of the fighting Hiltons, he punched a 70 year old man in a store over a Celine Dion CD (unforgivable in so many ways in my book). This stuff is in a biography that was written about them.

Now, David is a convicted rapist, Alex is back in jail, Matthew is living in a one-bedroom appartment in Hochelaga-Maisoneuve legally blind and Jimmy is dead.

I have no interest in Dave Juniors "carreer" and could not respect any person who spends even 0.10$ on this joke!
I remember when they first became known. They were media darlings. They could be interviewed in both languages[they spoke bad English and bad French], seems strange to say now,but they had some charisma.

From all I've heard, there's no way these guys could have turned out ok. People have forgiven a lot to make a few bucks,but this one crosses the line. Still, if he isn't around the fight game, I don't wanna know what he'll be up to.

Old
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Kruky

As much as I hate to say it, he did is time, just like Homolka did her time. They should be allowed to work for a living. Trash our justice system.

In a way I would love to see him go at it vs the new guy on the block. His name escapes me right now but he trashed another Quebec boxer in the first round who fought Hilton 3 times before in the end of the 90's. I know their names but it just escapes me right now.

I think his name is Jean Pascal, he's black and oh hell he's good. Either that or put him against Lucian Bute. Just so Hilton could get his ass whipped by either Pascal or Bute in the first round.

It's too bad. The Hilton came out strong at an early age, just imagined if they would have not gotten into trouble. How long they could have been champions and what this would have done to Boxing in Quebec. Although I believe that boxing is at a all time high in Quebec since a very long time ago. Imagine if they would have not got into trouble, were it would be today.

Ah well, the worst is, you know boxing fans will go see this fight because it will most likely be a good one, all Hilton fights are. I will probably watch the highlights on TV.

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Isn't Hilton's ex-wife the sister of Arturo Gatti?

I remember Gatti being pissed at Hilton when he first went to jail.

They actually fought at christmas in a familly party many years ago, we'll never know why.... They had to move to NJ afterward (cough...under the protection of another Don...cough), his girlfriend cut the link with the familly at that time.

Once Rizzuto sold them to Don King it was all over, only their father (a violent alcoolic himself) was able to "control" them.

I hope Dave's gonna get his ass kicked by Green.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Nilan's Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
They actually fought at christmas in a familly party many years ago, we'll never know why.... They had to move to NJ afterward (cough...under the protection of another Don...cough), his girlfriend cut the link with the familly at that time.

Once Rizzuto sold them to Don King it was all over, only their father (a violent alcoolic himself) was able to "control" them.

I hope Dave's gonna get his ass kicked by Green.
I'm a bit sad about his opponent. I think I would PAY to see him against a guy like Alcine, just to enjoy the show of Hilton getting DESTROYED

Nilan's Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:22 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:
He should. Humility's an important quality.
I agree that humility would be a useful quality in a politician, but in this case it would strike me as misplaced.

Humility that would be more productive is to say to voters:

"We're going to look at how problems are addressed in other countries, and those countries that are particularly good at solving some, we'll draw inspiration from them and adapt their methods to Canadian reality. Whatever it is: protecting the environment, improving productivity, or fixing healthcare.

Conversely, what we do well in Canada, such as balance the budget and pay off the debt, we won't change much."

The first part of that answer represents all the humility a statesman needs in my opinion. Canadians want a statesman, preferably with both gravitas and style. That's why Trudeau was so popular, despite not being very good from a fiscal standpoint.

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:25 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

More on topic, mcphee, did you ever read Tim Burke in the Gazette? I remember him saying in his column, when I was in CEGEP (at which point my family subscribed to the Gazette, prior to my convincing my folks to opt for La Presse instead...), that the 4 Hilton boys were tough, but you couldn't ever find 4 boys who were better brought up. There were times when he made Red Fischer look like a Pulitzer winner.

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 08:11 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
More on topic, mcphee, did you ever read Tim Burke in the Gazette? I remember him saying in his column, when I was in CEGEP (at which point my family subscribed to the Gazette, prior to my convincing my folks to opt for La Presse instead...), that the 4 Hilton boys were tough, but you couldn't ever find 4 boys who were better brought up. There were times when he made Red Fischer look like a Pulitzer winner.
Fisher's not a Pulitzer prize winner ? [ Joking, nice that we're big boys and don't have to agree] I remember Burke. He was a real old school type of columnist as I remember. The thing is, the Hilton's had some charm to them and more media wretches than Burke sang their praises. Everyone wanted to see these guys as a heart warming story. Crude on the outside but a heart of gold.

I worked with a guy who for years had been in our Quebec City office. When Mtl was embracing the whole family, this guy said a few things that hinted they weren't quite as they seemed. Apparently the local police were happy to see him leave town and return to Mtl. There was more to it,but it was gossip and it was long ago.

When their manager, Shoofey met an untimely death, people in the city knew stuff, or suspecyed stuff, but they still reported on them as our local golden boys.

That says a lot of our desire for heroes I guess.

Regarding Burke, an old friend of mine was visiting Ireland with his family, and doesn't he run into Tim Burke and Pierre Bouchard in a pub. Odd combination, but there they were. Burke's column was always a bit like 'Tales from the tavern', so my friend said, meaning it as a compliment, 'I guess you get a lot of material from the bars/taverns'. Burke got quite insulted by this and it sort of ended the conversation.

Old
03-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post

In a way I would love to see him go at it vs the new guy on the block. His name escapes me right now but he trashed another Quebec boxer in the first round who fought Hilton 3 times before in the end of the 90's. I know their names but it just escapes me right now.

I think his name is Jean Pascal, he's black and oh hell he's good. Either that or put him against Lucian Bute. Just so Hilton could get his ass whipped by either Pascal or Bute in the first round.
The boxer your talking about is Joacim Alcine.He destroyed Stephane Ouellet (the guy who fought Hilton in the 90's) in the first round by KO.

That match was another "brillant" idea by Regis Levesque

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Kruky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side View Post
The boxer your talking about is Joacim Alcine.He destroyed Stephane Ouellet (the guy who fought Hilton in the 90's) in the first round by KO.

That match was another "brillant" idea by Regis Levesque
Thats thats the name I was looking for.

The Hilton Ouellet first fight was awsome.

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 04:20 PM
MXD

I don't have anything against Hilton trying to get a living, that's his right, nor do I have against Adam Green for trying to get a living.

I just have a problem with someone helping him to do so.
Levesque, or the ones who will go see this fight.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote