HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha!

Old
03-15-2007, 03:28 AM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Prucha!

Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed that Petr Prucha is back? I'm surprised that no-one else has started this thread, but since the beginning of February, Petr Puck has been scoring at a rapid pace -- not quite, but close to a point-a-game rate.

More than that, he's been playing with that energy, fizz and guts that we all loved his rookie year.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 03:40 AM
Bretzky*

I agree and his passing seems to have improved as well of late.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 06:51 AM
westley23j

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed that Petr Prucha is back? I'm surprised that no-one else has started this thread, but since the beginning of February, Petr Puck has been scoring at a rapid pace -- not quite, but close to a point-a-game rate.

More than that, he's been playing with that energy, fizz and guts that we all loved his rookie year.
i love it. i think pruch has a bright future (hopefully in the garden) and next season, he should be ready to show the league what he is all about. this year he may have been slowed down by talks of a "sophmore slump" but obviously none of that last year. im excited....

westley23j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 06:58 AM
mm11

Coming from a huge Fishstick Islander fan, Prucha is a heck of a player. This kid has so much desire and is fearless! He is like a heat seeking missle on the forecheck and had great instincts and hands to pop in 25-35 a year. Another real good mid range draft pick plucked by the rangers brass. On another note, Ortmeyer is another guy who plays his heart out as well. How many blocked shots does this kid average a game. He must be bruised all over after every game. Good luck the rest of the season..

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:25 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm11 View Post
Coming from a huge Fishstick Islander fan, Prucha is a heck of a player. This kid has so much desire and is fearless! He is like a heat seeking missle on the forecheck and had great instincts and hands to pop in 25-35 a year. Another real good mid range draft pick plucked by the rangers brass. On another note, Ortmeyer is another guy who plays his heart out as well. How many blocked shots does this kid average a game. He must be bruised all over after every game. Good luck the rest of the season..
Very classy of you.
I love how Prucha has stepped up his game. I think that just as in Hossa's case, alot of it is because he is now getting significant ice time. Like Jagr said....you can't get noticed or do much if you aren't on the ice much.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 11:16 AM
The Thomas J.*

Prucha has certanily been getting his chances of late, I cant remember where I read it, but one NHL scout had Prucha in the top ten in NHL scoring or somthing along those lines in the next 2 or 3 years.

I just hope Prucha can keep his head up, he takes some ugly looking hits.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 11:25 AM
ruckus*

A few things really impress me about the kid. First, it seems to me that when he's in the offensive zone and sets up in the slot, he's so good at receiving a pass and getting a quick, hard shot off that hits the net. I can't think of many players on the team right now that shoot the puck as quickly and accurately as I've seen from him. He always gets good low shot away and forces rebounds. He also is ALWAYS around the net, and even though he's getting pummeled he still manages to clean up the mess alot and get a bunch of garbage goals. And his forecheck has improved. The kid will hit anybody, even if he's twice his size. Just a pleasure to watch him play and I hope he's here for a long time. I think he's got a bright future.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Fletch

He has been playing well...

he still needs to get better control of his puckhandling. It's just not there.

I think his play can be attributed to being reuinited with Jagr on the top PP unit. Perhaps the goals haven't all been there on the PP, but I still believe that a goal scorer needs to find his rhythm to be successful, be it on the PP or at ES, and being back on the PP has helped Prucha.

Hope he can hit 25 this season. Eight to go in 12 games; going to be tough...

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 11:41 AM
ThirdEye

Prucha just needs to take it easy sometimes. I think he's always trying to do way too much with puck to prove himself. Sometimes it works but most of the time he ends up stumbling and missing an opportunity. I don't have one doubt in my mind that this kid could put up 80 points on the top line. Just needs a little more experience and confidence is all

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Fletch

80 points on a top line?

that sounds like a lot. I think he can net 40+ goals as a sniper, but am not convinced he'll get a lot of assists. But to get there, he does need a little help, like someone to get him the puck to get the shots off. He doesn't create a heck of a lot on his own.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

if he gets his power play time from a year ago i think he can be steady 30+

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
that sounds like a lot. I think he can net 40+ goals as a sniper, but am not convinced he'll get a lot of assists. But to get there, he does need a little help, like someone to get him the puck to get the shots off. He doesn't create a heck of a lot on his own.
Joe Thornton

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Pogo

While 30 goals is possible (40 like someone suggested??) problem is how would he do when targeted by a physical opposition? We've already seen him injured and lose "it" when he got back, a player his size is susceptible to get injured much more.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
NYROrtsFan

Actually where i think he's improved lately is his passing. Earlier in the season it seemed like none of his passes were connecting.

The only other thing and it was mentioned earlier, the stick handling is still not quite there. it is close from being really good, but he just seems to not have it completely together yet.

Prucha can always rest on his quick twitch style and effort which is nice. Important that he just keeps improving with the passing and other elements. Defensively too.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 03:07 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Shanahan goes down with the concussion.Prucha gets more icetime and his play improves.It's pretty simple

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 03:09 PM
McRanger

Does anyone else think he has a wildly awkward shot? Hes one of the few guys in the league that at times leans back like hes hitting a golf ball.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Does anyone else think he has a wildly awkward shot? Hes one of the few guys in the league that at times leans back like hes hitting a golf ball.
He tries to put too much on some of his shots. When he just lets go of his shot quickly, that is when he is at his best. It will come.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 06:49 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Shanahan goes down with the concussion.Prucha gets more icetime and his play improves.It's pretty simple
I was thinking the same thing. More chances? More ice time? More responsibility? Odd how it suddenly came together with the results at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Same things were said about Robaitille. He has one of the oddest shots in the history of the league. Somehow he got it to turn onto its side and it would have weird movement and knuckle or drop.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 06:58 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Joe Thornton
ye... Thornton would make Colton look like Bobby

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Is it?

He started on the 2nd line. He were given shots on the 1st line.

He had more problems then just ice time.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Is it?

He started on the 2nd line. He were given shots on the 1st line.

He had more problems then just ice time.

I think it's more of a case that the 2nd line with Shanny, Cully and Prucha was just a terrible line chemistry wise. Three guys who shoot, no one who passes. It was a badly constructed line.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 08:27 PM
n_a_c

I believe that Prucha's greatest strength is his "nose" for the puck and awareness on the ice. He just seems to get in the right spot, and be quick to react when the puck comes his way. His shot is ok - but his nose and quickness are better. That is why I think he'll continually improve his passing and end up getting more assists than goals in his career.

Strange thing is that he always sees the 4" puck, yet is oblivious to the 6'4" defenseman barreling toward him.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 01:13 AM
tronylon

Send a message via AIM to tronylon
Pruchs can easily be a consistent 30 goal a year scorer.

However, this is NOT the ceiling.

If you look at a guy like St. Louis, a smallish player playing a big mans game, this potential is evident. St. Louis' numbers reflected his transitioning into the big and physical NHL.

This does not imply that Pruchs will be a St. Louis type player. However, I think he has potential to be a consistent 70-80 pt guy--top 6 foward worthy numbers.

tronylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Brain Of J

I love the kid. Prucha is non-stop. When it seems like the rest of the team is backing off a little or getting tired (usually when we blow a 2 goal lead). He's still flying around the ice, throwing his body around. I just love the way he plays. Not only is he a natural goal scorer, but he's not afraid to hit some guys along the boards. My only concern is that he's not the biggest guy in the world and all that checking is going to wear him down too fast. But we'll see what happens. Either way, its immensely fun to watch him on the ice.

Brain Of J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 07:33 AM
geisenNYR

Prucha has played great over the past month. His scoring has increases, he has scored some clutch goals for us, and has looked good on the power play. His forecheck has been better, and has lead to scroing chances. He is a big reason we are in the playoff race.

geisenNYR is offline   Reply With Quote