HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT:Funny story about the Newark arena

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
Untill Rudy had them all secretly killed and driven into abandoned subway tunnels, there was plenty of Hookers and Homeless people around the Garden. Don't forget, if you really needed to score some weed before an Islanders game, you could walk down to the GMS (Garden Mitchel Secondary, the train tracks) and stand around with your hands in your pockets, and a dealer would show up. Just sayin'.
So now you have the blueprint.

I wouldn't worry too much about the traffic, it's supposed to have a transit stop. With any luck, the Arena could renevate the area and spread out to the surrounding areas. I'm sure the police presence will be upped before the team moves in and it will be a rather harmless transition. I live in Central Jersey and I hated driving to the Swamp. I might be more inclined to go to some Ranger/Devils games now. The problems surrounding the arena should be known and "fixed" (get it?) before the first game.

Old
03-15-2007, 01:47 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
That's odd..not exactly what happened..he Private Messaged me with insults about my dead mother and her ass crack..Very classy guy..Once again you really never do have the full story..And I stick to my story..anyone who is afraid of the area around the newark arena is most likely very sheltered and a sissy..it's a business district full of insurance companies and nice high rise buidings.On the other side, there is City Hall..oohhh, that's frightening too..People should do their homework before making spreading misinformation..
That's exactly what happened...you felt the need to come over and defend anything Devils and called the guy a sissy so he told you to put up or shutup by meeting him and call him a sissy to his face and you ran away so what am I missing?

And I grew up my whole life in Brooklyn so I've seen my share of crappy nieghborhoods so going to a NHL game in Newark wouldn't be of much concern with me but all those things you just listed above are just the next batch of excuses as to why nobody can bring themselves to pay money to go see the Devils go play live so keep note of your posts and when DEVIL fans start using it as an excuse as to why they play infront of 1/2 empty arena's we can all have a good laugh!

Old
03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
That's exactly what happened...you felt the need to come over and defend anything Devils and called the guy a sissy so he told you to put up or shutup by meeting him and call him a sissy to his face and you ran away so what am I missing?

And I grew up my whole life in Brooklyn so I've seen my share of crappy nieghborhoods so going to a NHL game in Newark wouldn't be of much concern with me but all those things you just listed above are just the next batch of excuses as to why nobody can bring themselves to pay money to go see the Devils go play live so keep note of your posts and when DEVIL fans start using it as an excuse as to why they play infront of 1/2 empty arena's we can all have a good laugh!
What are you talking about? I said nothing about the Devils..NOTHING! I defended the city of Newark and the area where the arena is..you are really reaching with that strange last paragraph about Devils attendance..but it's not surprising..90% of your posts are about the same thing...

Old
03-15-2007, 02:04 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
That's odd..not exactly what happened..he Private Messaged me with insults about my dead mother and her ass crack..Very classy guy..Once again you really never do have the full story..And I stick to my story..anyone who is afraid of the area around the newark arena is most likely very sheltered and a sissy..it's a business district full of insurance companies and nice high rise buidings.On the other side, there is City Hall..oohhh, that's frightening too..People should do their homework before making spreading misinformation..
The guy obviously has issues...cause he pm'd me with a message that i could take my eurohockey and go feck myself. You find all kinds on here...needless to say...I now have him on ignore!

Old
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
What are you talking about? I said nothing about the Devils..NOTHING! I defended the city of Newark and the area where the arena is..you are really reaching with that strange last paragraph about Devils attendance..but it's not surprising..90% of your posts are about the same thing...
What is reaching in the last paragraph?

The team can't even sellout a single reagular season game and won't sellout in the 1st 2 rds unless they play us or the Isles and all the excuses as to why nobody will go to a Devil game are about the arena and wait until the new one goes up and nonsense like that.

Now when the new arena goes up and you're still in the bottom 6-8 teams in the team in attendance you'll have all you Devil buddies offering up the same excuses about how the arena is in a crappy nieghborhood and how there is traffic, etc, and that is what the original poster stated and you attempted to mock him before tucking tail and it's sunny because it's the same points you'll here from your fellow Devil fans as to why they don't venture over to the new arena.

Old
03-15-2007, 02:14 PM
sk84fun_dc

FWIW, the mayor's name is Cory Booker (no e in the first name, just in case anybody tries to look anything up.)

I agree the documentary Street Fight was interesting and worth viewing.

Not a fan of this thread or the path it has started down, so I will restrict my comments to those above.

Old
03-15-2007, 02:15 PM
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
What is reaching in the last paragraph?

The team can't even sellout a single reagular season game and won't sellout in the 1st 2 rds unless they play us or the Isles and all the excuses as to why nobody will go to a Devil game are about the arena and wait until the new one goes up and nonsense like that.

Now when the new arena goes up and you're still in the bottom 6-8 teams in the team in attendance you'll have all you Devil buddies offering up the same excuses about how the arena is in a crappy nieghborhood and how there is traffic, etc, and that is what the original poster stated and you attempted to mock him before tucking tail and it's sunny because it's the same points you'll here from your fellow Devil fans as to why they don't venture over to the new arena.
Now I'll say your first paragraph is reaching because it involves the Rangers and the playoffs ..Listen, you hate the Devils, it's obvious from all your posts..Not a big deal to me..I was defending the area around the arena, that's it..You want to turn it into something much bigger about Devils fans, attendance, and something about it being "sunny" in the second paragraph? I don't even understand that..if you looked at my posts at all, you'd realize I didn't even mention the Devils or attendance in any of them..

Old
03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
dave4

Quote:
Now I'll say your first paragraph is reaching because it involves the Rangers and the playoffs ..Listen, you hate the Devils, it's obvious from all your posts..Not a big deal to me..I was defending the area around the arena, that's it..You want to turn it into something much bigger about Devils fans, attendance, and something about it being "sunny" in the second paragraph? I don't even understand that..if you looked at my posts at all, you'd realize I didn't even mention the Devils or attendance in any of them..
Allright dude, we get it, you think the area around the arena either is or will get better that what other people think it is. Others disagree.

You don't have to say it over and over and over again...give it a rest.

Old
03-15-2007, 03:19 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Ok, before this is shut, and no shock as to who started all this, but I just wanted to say there is a 100% that City gets a huge overhaul in the next ten years. Right now its easy to criticize that area, but wait until theres money to be made. Build the arena and they will come
That should be no surprise, look at whats happened with Hoboken & jersey city. Both of those areas were scary, now they are Yuppie centeral, very cosmoploitan.
Newark is following suit. Now that Sharpe James is out the new mayor can focus on rebuilding certain parts of the city that are less than desireable to work & live in.

Old
03-15-2007, 03:20 PM
gobolt7

This is going to go nowhere fast.

Thread closed.

Closed Thread