HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Nashville Predators @ Detroit Red Wings 7:30 PM EDT

Old
03-15-2007, 11:06 AM
GuloGulo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Tootoo bugged the Wings enough that they got called for 3 penalties by responding to his agitation. I think they scored on at least one of those opportunities. As much as the guy bugs me, the Wings were really dumb to do that...

As for Staal, Crosby and Malkin? They're the real deal. Syd is fun to watch and what can I add that hasn't been said? Malkin isn't as flashy as AO but is every bit as skilled (big, strong guy too who can skate). 31 G and 74 pts so far as a rookie ain't bad at all. I figured he'd reach about 90 pts so he's just a hair off, but he did miss some games. He's 6'3" but still under 200 lbs. Just imagine what a wrecking ball he can be when he bulks up. Staal is holding his own at the tender age of 19. He's got 28 G and is doing about 0.5 PPG and +16. Cherry loves this guy more than Malkin, but the difference is Staal's Canadian and Malkin's Russian.

They're so good I can't stand it.
Cherry already made up his mind to sorta ignore Crosby, hence he has to pimp Staal as much as possible. Staal is pretty much whatever Grapes says though, so he ain't exaggerating.

Sid is the real deal. No question.
Unfortunate that he be stuck in the other conference. Beating villains a la Roy/Lemieux can only be topped by beating wonderboys (Gretzky, Lindros).

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
He's always been a bottom six forward, Winger. It's just that lack of scoring forwards this year forced him to play on a second line... much like it lead to Cleary having to be on a second line for a while. Neither guy is a second liner.
So you're also equating him with Cleary....

Quote:
Okay... you're not hearing me. There are 6 spots in the bottom 6, right? Add in 1 or maybe two scratches. 7-8 forwards. There are already 5 guys under contract (Franzen, Cleary, Samuelsson, Draper and Filppula) and two more RFA eligible (Kopecky and Hudler). Grigorenko might fit into that role if he's able to make the team.
No, I disagree with where you place them and, apparently, the expected make-up of the team next year. You have all of them competing for spots 7-14, while two of those players I see in the top six.

Quote:
Enh. They're in pretty good shape cap wise. I've already run down the numbers with Fugu so I'm not going to regurgitate that here. Detroit's nowhere near the point of having to throw completely unprepared league-minimum AHL'ers on their opening day roster just to save 500k.
We're at $23.6 million for next year, going by RWC's numbers. We need, at minimum, to sign (or-resign) two top-6 forwards and two top-4 defenceman. I expect that to take ~$20 million. So we're up to ~$43 million. Add $2 million for wiggle room and another $1.5 million in bonuses that are carrying over (no idea if that's the real number, but it sounds as good as any other), so we're up to ~$46.5 million and that's without re-signing any of the RFA or a second goalie. Going dirt cheap, that should add, at least, another $1.5 million. We're up to ~$48 million. And we still need the extra forwards...

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:20 PM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
So you're also equating him with Cleary....
Well... yeah. Are you telling me you think Dan Cleary's established himself as a legitimate second liner?

Quote:
No, I disagree with where you place them and, apparently, the expected make-up of the team next year. You have all of them competing for spots 7-14, while two of those players I see in the top six.
You're putting Hudler and Filppula in the top 6 next year? Oh no...

Quote:
We're at $23.6 million for next year, going by RWC's numbers.
I've already gone over the numbers, Winger. It's nowhere near as dire as you think it is. Sure, there isn't unlimited money out there or anything, but there's plenty of room to bring back as many or as few of the impending FA's as the team deems necessary. I don't think they could squeeze all 11 in under a 47-ish mil cap... but they could get 9 of them no problem.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Well... yeah. Are you telling me you think Dan Cleary's established himself as a legitimate second liner?
I think that's what you're saying saying-you're the one drawing the comparison. I was fine with Cleary on the fourth line and Sammy on the second.

Quote:
Just hudler, and it doesn't bother me.

Quote:
I've already gone over the numbers, Winger. It's nowhere near as dire as you think it is. Sure, there isn't unlimited money out there or anything, but there's plenty of room to bring back as many or as few of the impending FA's as the team deems necessary. I don't think they could squeeze all 11 in under a 47-ish mil cap... but they could get 9 of them no problem.
I wouldn't use the word dire, but I don't think we have the room you suggest, unless the cap is a bit higher than expected.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 08:10 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:

why wouldnt we see hudler in potential top 6 spot? or even Filppuls?

If datsyuk leaves, taht means we free up money to resign everyone, but say he stays...

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Bertuzzi (if he stays)
Lang (if he stays)
Calder (if he stays)
Hudler
Filppula
Holmstrom
Samuelsson

9 guys listed. Im not so sure sammy is a top 6 guy, while we have a lot of ?'marks on guys comming back, no one is for sure saying Lang will be back because if we want to keep calder, bertuzzi and datsyuk, then someone is leaving for taking a HUGE pay cut and it wont be either of them three... its lang... and probably schneider...

Its very realistic to see hudler in the top 6... top 6 more along the lines means top 6 minutes, i do see him getting 18 mins or 16-18 mins a game next year and IMHO thats top 6 minutes

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote