HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Future PIT Moves Should They Lose

Old
05-15-2014, 01:22 AM
madinsomniac

vCash: 500
Ok first off, Malkin and Crosby don't go unless they demand to.

Letang has the limited NMC in his contract that hits this season, couple that with his stroke and contract he wont be movable for at least a year till he proves he can play at a high pace again, and even then the NMC limits his options.

I doubt anyone takes the Dupuis contract. Kunitz still has value. Neal may be moved because of attitude, but he is a 40 goal scorer signed for 5 mil per.

I don't see them retaining JJokienen or Niskanen, they will want too much. Orpik is done.
There are better options than Engellend in the minors.

Scuderi is an issue... they will have to give up an asset to move him and he will probably do better in a more defensive structure.

Martin is their hands down best defender, but he is also the most movable.

Fluery played well this postseason, save for one game. Moving him and letting him have a fresh start elsewhere is probably the move though.

Ultimately Sutter has to be retained based on his play in the postseason.

The way I see it they need at least one top end winger, probably two.
Assuming Kunitz and Crosby stay together, they need one more player on that line. Either Beau Bennett or another RW.. Not Dupuis. Id prefer a power forward on that line

If neal is moved it would have to be for another winger.. I don't know who makes that trade. Then Another winger must be added here

Assuming Sutter is retained, Pascal, if he isn't moved and isn't just done from his injury, should play here. A third scoring option who has grit must be found for this line.

Id like Goc as the 4th line center. I doubt that is doable. I am fine with using at least one or two AHLrs down on the 4th line to start the season for cost reasons. the Pens have a boatload of potentials in their system. they need a bandage till they can find better options unless some of these guys pan out.

Defense has got to be some mix of Letang, Despres, Bortuzzo, Maatta, Doumulin, perhaps Pouliot, Harrington, and Ruopp, Maybe Samuleson too. Cheap, talented, on the job training for the most part.... Use the defensemen you have in system... open up cap space to rebuild the forward lines

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 06:55 AM
Fire Julien

To Boston

Malkin
Martin

To Pittsburgh

Chara
Marchand
McQuaid
Subban
2014 1st

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
Ok first off, Malkin and Crosby don't go unless they demand to.

Letang has the limited NMC in his contract that hits this season, couple that with his stroke and contract he wont be movable for at least a year till he proves he can play at a high pace again, and even then the NMC limits his options.

I doubt anyone takes the Dupuis contract. Kunitz still has value. Neal may be moved because of attitude, but he is a 40 goal scorer signed for 5 mil per.

I don't see them retaining JJokienen or Niskanen, they will want too much. Orpik is done.
There are better options than Engellend in the minors.

Scuderi is an issue... they will have to give up an asset to move him and he will probably do better in a more defensive structure.

Martin is their hands down best defender, but he is also the most movable.

Fluery played well this postseason, save for one game. Moving him and letting him have a fresh start elsewhere is probably the move though.

Ultimately Sutter has to be retained based on his play in the postseason.

The way I see it they need at least one top end winger, probably two.
Assuming Kunitz and Crosby stay together, they need one more player on that line. Either Beau Bennett or another RW.. Not Dupuis. Id prefer a power forward on that line

If neal is moved it would have to be for another winger.. I don't know who makes that trade. Then Another winger must be added here

Assuming Sutter is retained, Pascal, if he isn't moved and isn't just done from his injury, should play here. A third scoring option who has grit must be found for this line.

Id like Goc as the 4th line center. I doubt that is doable. I am fine with using at least one or two AHLrs down on the 4th line to start the season for cost reasons. the Pens have a boatload of potentials in their system. they need a bandage till they can find better options unless some of these guys pan out.

Defense has got to be some mix of Letang, Despres, Bortuzzo, Maatta, Doumulin, perhaps Pouliot, Harrington, and Ruopp, Maybe Samuleson too. Cheap, talented, on the job training for the most part.... Use the defensemen you have in system... open up cap space to rebuild the forward lines
Given your needs, would you be interested in desjardins and burns?

What defense help and prospect/picks would you offer for them?

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 09:36 AM
NYRCSKA*

I'd trade Crosby before Malkin.

NYRCSKA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 09:38 AM
NYRCSKA*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Julien View Post
To Boston

Malkin
Martin

To Pittsburgh

Chara
Marchand
McQuaid
Subban
2014 1st
This would work, but I doubt it happens.

NYRCSKA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Prongo
Beer

Didn't Malkin say yesterday if he was moved he wouldn't play and leave North America? I don't think he should even be mentioned by anyone to be a player who is traded. Crosby either.

It starts with Letang/Neal I believe. I think Letang has the best chance of moving actually. Offensively he is amazing, defensively he is a train wreck. Might be good for him to move to another team to turn things around. New coach might help though as well.

05-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
It starts with Letang/Neal I believe. I think Letang has the best chance of moving actually. Offensively he is amazing, defensively he is a train wreck. Might be good for him to move to another team to turn things around. New coach might help though as well.
My worries about Letang are his health. He's missed way too many games over the past three seasons. With an 8 year extension at 7.25 per kicking in next year, I wouldn't want him even without the health concerns.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 11:04 AM
ForeverFlameFan
HF/CP Middleman

vCash: 50
It starts with Blysma. I think you guys need to see how you do with a new coach before you make any "significant" moves.

Malkin should never be moved, but the trade proposals are interesting to look at. I don't know why Malkin would be mad if he got traded, he would get top line minutes without Sidney in the way, as well as the whole fan base that gets him drooling over him. Any fan base would go crazy for Geno. Regardless, he should stay with the Pens because I think Crosby and Malkin are not the problem.

You really need to move Letang due to his contract, and maybe with that money you can get another top 6 winger on your squad. Letang is a biy overrated imo.

ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 11:07 AM
Johnnybegood13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
Malkin should never be tried, he's a franchise player.

This, however.

TO CALGARY:
Marc-Andre Fleury

TO PITTSBURGH:
Sven Baertschi, David Jones, 2nd round pick in 2014
-------

TO WINNIPEG:
Marc-Andre Fleury, James Neal

TO PITTSBURGH:
Dustin Byfuglien, Evander Kane
You sure your not an Oilers fan?

Fleury isn't worth jack....

Johnnybegood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:05 PM
conooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
I'd trade Crosby before Malkin.
I'm with you on this. How about the Cole Harbour boys switch it up... I wish.

To PIT:
MacKinnon
Landeskog

To COL:
Crosby

I think the Pens would have to add and clauses waived, Av's got something special in these guys, so nevermind, just a dream. I think the re-tool begins with Neal and Letang like the majority, that's a lot of money in two players. Plus to those who think Malkin deserves to go, he makes like 2 million more than Letang, salaries are almost a non-issue between the two. You're telling me you'd rather see Letang in a Pens jersey in next year's playoffs than Geno?? Don't think so.

Last edited by conooper: 05-15-2014 at 12:10 PM.
conooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Luca

vCash: 400
If Crosby wants better wingers then they better get better wingers. I don care if that means trading Malkin because Crosby at his best is whole different level!

Luca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by conooper View Post
I'm with you on this. How about the Cole Harbour boys switch it up... I wish.

To PIT:
MacKinnon
Landeskog

To COL:
Crosby

I think the Pens would have to add and clauses waived, Av's got something special in these guys, so nevermind, just a dream. I think the re-tool begins with Neal and Letang like the majority, that's a lot of money in two players. Plus to those who think Malkin deserves to go, he makes like 2 million more than Letang, salaries are almost a non-issue between the two. You're telling me you'd rather see Letang in a Pens jersey in next year's playoffs than Geno?? Don't think so.
Penguins add? LOL what?

I like the proposal in the other thread. Neal + Letang for Burns + Pavelski

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Didn't Malkin say yesterday if he was moved he wouldn't play and leave North America?
Are you kidding me? What a clown.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
Lol his dad apparently told that to a Russian sports radio show last summer and that if he was traded he would wan to go to NYR or MTL.

http://www.pensburgh.com/2013/8/13/4...igger-contract

Old
05-15-2014, 02:18 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
He has a full NMC, he's allowed to say that. That's what a NMC is. He's allowed to decide where he goes if he's traded. Obviously, and what people in here can't grasp for whatever reason, he doesn't want to leave Pittsburgh, and Pittsburgh doesn't want to trade him.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 02:26 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post
He has a full NMC, he's allowed to say that. That's what a NMC is. He's allowed to decide where he goes if he's traded. Obviously, and what people in here can't grasp for whatever reason, he doesn't want to leave Pittsburgh, and Pittsburgh doesn't want to trade him.
Yeah, any team wanting to trade him is a dumb dumb org.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
Quote:
To Boston

Malkin
Martin

To Pittsburgh

Chara
Marchand
McQuaid
Subban
2014 1st
This would work, but I doubt it happens.
No that wouldn't work... it's ****ing awful for Pittsburgh. It doesn't give Pittsburgh a replacement #2C and it doesn't give them any upgrades on the wings - I'd much rather role with the wingers we have over getting that ass clown Marchand in here.

05-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post
I'd trade Crosby before Malkin. There's no way the Pens should trade either, but you're right.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 03:23 PM
FireBylsma
Palmebjörk & Doktorn

vCash: 50
Quote:
To Boston

Malkin
Martin

To Pittsburgh

Chara
Marchand
McQuaid
Subban
2014 1st
Wouldn't trade Malkin alone for that, let alone add a #1 dman in Martin.
Chara is over the hill,
McQuaid is a bottom 4 dman and pens is filled with those
Subban isn't a upgrade over or goalie prospects

FireBylsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Malkin to the Blues could make sense for both sides.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Malkin to the Blues could make sense for both sides.
Backes + Tarasenko + more

Old
05-15-2014, 05:01 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosberry87 View Post
Lol his dad apparently told that to a Russian sports radio show last summer and that if he was traded he would wan to go to NYR or MTL.

http://www.pensburgh.com/2013/8/13/4...igger-contract
Welcome home Evgeni

(You can have Desharnais )

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 05:02 PM
bernmeister

Malkin is best player in the world, not the prob, and will not go.

You can present a scenario with still special, premium, but less uber-elite players, and win.
You can present a case to win with more uber-elites, assuming you scrape together enough scrubs for the rest of the roster that won't s**t up the roster.

That said, were it do-able otherwise, Lundqvist + Stepan for Malkin + MAF.
And yeah, I know it's even less happening intra-div rivals.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote