HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey's Future 11-50 Top Prospects

Old
03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Hockey's Future 11-50 Top Prospects

http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/9502

Oh, freakin' bite me. There damn well be 3-4 Rangers prospects in the top 25 (I was looking for about 4 in the top 50, although not nearly expecting them to all be in the top half - but since none made it into the second 25, I guess they must all have jumped up into the top half, right?) or this is flat-out horsepoo.

We have the best team in the AHL since the beginning of the second half of the season (with precious few vets) and that's not counting Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Anisimov, Pyatt, Dupont et. al. in juniors.

It's like looking at Yankees prospects and seeing them all as completely discounted unless they're Phil-Hughes-blow-the-competition-away types. Yet somehow those "marginal" prospects Chien-Ming Wang and Robby Cano grew up to be tied for #1 in the majors in wins and #4 in the majors in batting average, respectively.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Bourret and Dawes are on the "miss the cut" list. I know Staal will be on there, I'm pretty sure Monty will be on there, maybe Bobby sang, but thats all i can see.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
funky

As a fan of the team I am not suprised. The only prospect NYR has that should be in the top 50 is Montoya and a high rated Staal. I will say after watching Dubinsky a few games he definatly has promise and is already exciting to watch.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:54 PM
dank

eh couldnt care less what anyone else says as long as they pan out.. but good looks for the article..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I can't see how Sanguinetti made the top 25 so I guess he's out. Monty and Staal will be there for sure.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:02 AM
DarthSather99

who cares how their rated as long as they produce for us......Sauer still not getting the love.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:33 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

staal is #6.....bobby s is #36 i believe......and monty 54......i read it about a week ago but im preety sure thats where they were....

oh and anisimov was 75 i think

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:05 AM
mc87yanks

Not in the new Spring rankings they're not. And Staal at #6? That would seem extremely high if it were true.

Quick question. Bourret was ranked the Thrashers #1 prospect on HF, yet after the trade he doesn't even crack the Rangers Top 20. I'm assuming that is simply because they haven't been updated, as noted by the admission of his snub on the Top 50 by HF. Anyways, my question is where most would slot him.

mc87yanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:23 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc87yanks View Post
Not in the new Spring rankings they're not. And Staal at #6? That would seem extremely high if it were true.

Quick question. Bourret was ranked the Thrashers #1 prospect on HF, yet after the trade he doesn't even crack the Rangers Top 20. I'm assuming that is simply because they haven't been updated, as noted by the admission of his snub on the Top 50 by HF. Anyways, my question is where most would slot him.
i think the rankings the poster before mentioned are the THN Future Watch? or at least some of it is.. and as far as Bourret goes, its not that he's not ranked in the top 20 on HF for us, its just that its a new team and its hard for them to slot him somewhere ( i think ).. although to be honest, since the trade he's been practically MIA for the Wolfpack.. thats not to say he has no skill or anything, just saying that he has been invisible.. (he will perk up i bet.)

Old
03-14-2007, 10:32 AM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
Ahhh, we have a another Staal to keep track of?

You know, Hartford does look good, but I remember all the talk of how Tyutin was supposed to be great, and Prucha fizzling for most of this year until recently...

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Larry Melnyk

Was this the same "ranking" that didn't even have Lundqvist in the top 50-75, or was that THN? DOesn't matter, these things are so subjective and biased that they are almost worthless..

Thinking of this "ranking", if Bourett and Dawes are on the just missed list (and Callahan wasn't), one would think that Callahan would join Montoya and Stall on the top 25...Anything else is inconsitent and would reflect that they didn't watch much of the Pack et al..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:16 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

sorry guys....that was the thn rankings.....i read the thread wrong at first.....

but yea i just looked it up and thats where thn had them.....staal 6....n so on...

but i generally take the rankings with a grain of salt....

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:06 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

If you go by Hockey Future's mentality -- big on AHL -- Callahan may also be a player.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
staal is #6.....bobby s is #36 i believe......and monty 54......i read it about a week ago but im preety sure thats where they were....

oh and anisimov was 75 i think
That was THN's list

Old
03-14-2007, 07:33 PM
outofrange

Staal better be top ten, and Monty should be there for sure.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:48 AM
dank

Any idea oif when the 1-25 list is due out? I can't wait for more debate over these relatively inane and unsatisfactory lists. For serious, I treat them like tabloids sometimes; if it's good, I believe it but other than that it seems very contendable and imperfect.

Old
03-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Captain11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Was this the same "ranking" that didn't even have Lundqvist in the top 50-75, or was that THN? DOesn't matter, these things are so subjective and biased that they are almost worthless..

Thinking of this "ranking", if Bourett and Dawes are on the just missed list (and Callahan wasn't), one would think that Callahan would join Montoya and Stall on the top 25...Anything else is inconsitent and would reflect that they didn't watch much of the Pack et al..
Even though Cally has had a fantastic season in the A, Bourret ( i dont know about dawes) would be ahead of him. Bourret's has a higher cieling than Callahan has. Callahan, at most, would turn to a good second liner...while Bourret, at his highest, could be a dominant first liner.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 09:11 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Montoya #11
Staal #13

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9509 (11-25 rated prospects)

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Wow, definetly didn't see Monty being rated above Staal

Old
03-15-2007, 09:43 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Didn't see it before and I don't see it now.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Didn't see it before and I don't see it now.
Agreed, I think Staal is better. Whats really weird is the difference between this list and THN's. THN had Montoya rated 54th, Staal rated 6th

Old
03-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
I don't really agree with it, but I'm glad. Montoya is constantly pissed upon by know-nothing fans who only watch the WJC and it's nice to see him get recognition.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 10:15 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I don't really agree with it, but I'm glad. Montoya is constantly pissed upon by know-nothing fans who only watch the WJC and it's nice to see him get recognition.
Haha, yeah the same know-nothing fans who conveniently forget he ****ing won a WJC gold.

The views of Montoya on this board are pathetic.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain11 View Post
Even though Cally has had a fantastic season in the A, Bourret ( i dont know about dawes) would be ahead of him. Bourret's has a higher cieling than Callahan has. Callahan, at most, would turn to a good second liner...while Bourret, at his highest, could be a dominant first liner.
That is the problem I always have with scouts, sometimes the real ones but moreso the starry-eyed HF wannabes, they fall in love with tools and neglect the drive, production and results of others...And them, more often then not, end up wrong because the "ceiling" is only reached a very small percentage of the time...Why I would rank Callahan ahead of him...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 11:54 PM
xander

to tell you the truth, the only two rangers prospects that I considered to be slam dunks for this list where Staal and Montoya, so I'm not shocked that they are the only two on it. The rangers have alot of nice prospects but, outside of the two that made it, nobody that's just beating down the doors. You could make arguments for a few guys, but is there anyone in our system that has really been wronged here?

I am glad to see that Montoya and Staal are ranked where they are, I think it's apropriate. Personally I do put Montoya ahead of Staal because I think his top end (Franchise goalie) is more substancial than Staal's top end (a Matias Ohlund type 2-way guy) though they're very close. And it is nice to see Montoya getting some reconition for once.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote