HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFA Scott

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2014, 08:59 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 500
Matt Kassian is a better option than Scott, but I'd rather a guy like Engelland that can actually play.

Also a plug like Tarnasky can always be called up for games like this in the future.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:00 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Is this thread for real ? Did we just beat the Bruins and play on the Conference finals ? Somehow, there are posters with yet again a complex inferiority who wants to bring useless goons ?

This season isn't over, Scott is playing golf and the habs are in the Final four... can we delete this crap please...
why didnt Lucic attack those Habs player in playoffs?

Why where the threats for reg season next year?

Wake up.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Matt Kassian is a better option than Scott, but I'd rather a guy like Engelland that can actually play.

Also a plug like Tarnasky can always be called up for games like this in the future.
Lucic plays much different with Scott in line up...why?

He will fight Engelland,but skate away from Scott.

Any Habs not taking what he said serious ,is foolish.......

If they tried to near kill Pacman(i don't believe in an accident).....i dont need to say anymore.

Last edited by Habaneros: 05-16-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old
05-16-2014, 09:05 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
We were able to beat the Bruins without needing Parros. Why would we need John Scott?
There were ZERO fights in this series as well.

What would Scott bring to the game besides steal 3-5 minutes from someone who deserves to play?
While I get your point...

I think the whole idea is to have Scott only play 30% of the games in Regular Season. Not in the playoffs.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:07 AM
DudMcManus

So Lucic acts on his threats, gets five and a game, probable lengthy suspension. Habs more than likely score on the powerplay and more than likely win the game.

Where's the problem?

Old
05-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
While Parros proved to be a bad experiment overall, I think there's still some good in having an effective heavyweight fighter on the team.. Once in a while.. just in case.

Not sure about Scott. He's great, sure. But how good a teammate does he proved to be?
Parros would have helped more if not for the unfortunate incident against Orr the first game. He was still worth having on the roster for games against Boston Toronto Buffalo and Ottawa.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudMcManus View Post
So Lucic acts on his threats, gets five and a game, probable lengthy suspension. Habs more than likely score on the powerplay and more than likely win the game.

Where's the problem?
are you related to Pierre Gautiher?

Do you remember Pacman going of in a stretcher?
That all stemmed from getting in Chara's face.

Do you think for one second Lucic is goona feel so bad about this that, a oh my i gotta go soft on Habs in 2014-15 ? Your dreaming.

Again,go watch the Buffalo games vs Boston with John in the line up...

Old
05-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Mike8

It'd be amazing to see Artyukhin-Konopka-Scott.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:10 AM
ChoseLa

No, we'll have to live with Lucy as long as we don't have a heavy who can play hockey.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudMcManus View Post

Where's the problem?
The bully tactics won't end there if you don't have a deterrent.

In the regular season, you need a clear deterrent. Lucic stopped running Miller when Scott arrived.

In the playoffs, you use the PP as a weapon, there I agree. Players never "jump" anybody at playoff time, risking a major and/or suspension that may cost them their season.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:12 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Lucic plays much different with Scott in line up...why?

He will fight Engelland,but skate away from Scott.

Any Habs not taking what he said serious ,is foolish.......

If they tried to near kill Pacman(i don't believe in an accident).....i dont need to say anymore.
If he won't fight Scott, then Scott is completely more useless than normal.

Boston won 4-1 the game Scott was trying to engage Lucic. If he will fight Engelland, then....isn't that what we want? Get him off the ice for five.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:14 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

No to Scott, he's 32 and goons don't age well. If we want a heavyweight fighter prefer to find a local youngster who can also do well with 10 min /game in a checking role.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

In the regular season, you need a clear deterrent. Lucic stopped running Miller when Scott arrived.

In the playoffs, you use the PP as a weapon, there I agree. Players never "jump" anybody at playoff time, risking a major and/or suspension that may cost them their season.
I'm sure it has nothing to due with the increased scrutiny and rule changes after Lucic ran Miller that one time. Nope, it was all John Scott and his 3 minutes of ice time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
No to Scott, he's 32 and goons don't age well. If we want a heavyweight fighter prefer to find a local youngster who can also do well with 10 min /game in a checking role.
This is the thing, a goon won't necessarily hurt you during the regular season, but it's ridiculous to waste contract space on one, especially an older one who could easily suffer the same decline Parros and Laraque did. If we need goons, scout up and coming ones, give them two-way contracts. At worst we get an AHL body and a punching bag, at best we get a 4th liner or trade bait. Lower risk, higher reward.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:15 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

No. He stopped because he would have been suspended if he did it again. Scott is no deterrent. Kessel hacking away at him is kind of proof for that. Want a guy that can contribute more than just fighting.

Shawn Thornton may be available.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:16 AM
MTL-rules

Just ****ing wait untill Chara retires and Lucic will shrink 4 inches and lose his testicules... he only bullies because he knows he's protected by the strongest man in hockey who's always willing to drop them to protect his teammates...

... I've never seen a fan base with such a complex over a very ordinary player...

Old
05-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
If he won't fight Scott, then Scott is completely more useless than normal.

Boston won 4-1 the game Scott was trying to engage Lucic. If he will fight Engelland, then....isn't that what we want? Get him off the ice for five.
As i said,he is coming regular season to go after Emelin and Weise, and Chara wont forget the Markov nut shot..bank on that.....So with Scott on the ice as a Habs ,going up to the Boston bench and saying hey boys try anything i dare ya.......Scott actually goes to Boston bench and challenged them all......He makes sure things stay quite.....

You see Lucic skate away ...why?
Any funny biz Scott won't give him a chance to skate away.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:17 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
biznasty would be my choice.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Our 4th line lit up the Bruins in game 7.

So hey, let's replace one of them with a guy who can't play hockey!
You need to get through the regular season first, and having toughness is an asset in certain situations. There is a value in this role, there always will be.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Every time the Habs get a "goon" the guy does more harm than good when he plays. None of the teams left right now have heavyweights that take a regular shift. Do not want.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
You need to get through the regular season first, and having toughness is an asset in certain situations. There is a value in this role, there always will be.
The thing is, Scott is even more useless than most tough guys. He's on the verge of being damaged goods like Parros.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
biznasty would be my choice.
Prust beat Biznasty....

You need a guy to neuter Chara and Lucic ......Biznasty is not that guy.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The thing is, Scott is even more useless than most tough guys. He's on the verge of being damaged goods like Parros.
April 2014 Lucic backs away from him.....I say he still is very effective.

If you forget about watching Komo being a Lucic punching bag,then don't think for a second he wont try it out on who he threatened...Did Chara care Emelin got a steal plate in his face as he pops him? nope...

John Scott puts the brakes on that first of year...For his cost, it's a insurance policy...in and out of press box ..and all game with Bruins.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:25 AM
ClasslessGuy

Worst player in the league. No.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:25 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Is this thread for real ? Did we just beat the Bruins and play on the Conference finals ? Somehow, there are posters with yet again a complex inferiority who wants to bring useless goons ?

This season isn't over, Scott is playing golf and the habs are in the Final four... can we delete this crap please...
Yes we won our series against the Bruins and yes Parros turned out to be a dude but there's something to remember. In the 60s the Habs had John Ferguson and the 70s Robinson & through the 80s & early 90s Chris Nilan. Strange that ever since we stopped carrying a policeman on the roster we've won diddly squat. I'm not saying that's all you need but it helps. You need a policeman on a team with talent.

We won this year because the Bruins just didn't have the stomach to physically intimidate us. Chara was basically worn out. Thornton is 36. Iginla will fight but doesn't goon it up so that just left Milan whistling my way through the playoffs Lucic.

What makes you think after this early exit Boston management doesn't decide they need to get back to their roots?

A Scott I would only sign up if we can't get anyone else. But definitely we need an enforcer who can play hockey: A Ferguson, Nilan, Robinson, McPhee. If we don't have that sort of player the Lucics and the Charas will pound the crap out of the Weises & the Emelins. The Lucics & the Charas are cheap shot artists and will take liberties when they know they can get away with it.

Old
05-16-2014, 09:27 AM
FazChenyuk

The argument of being a bad player is weak here. We arent trying to get Scott to play hockey, he would play 5 minutes a game anyway. Its like Parros, he used to play during the regular season now he is sitting. Problem is Parros cant fight anymore.

Closed Thread