HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers "Flight Plan": New Behind the Scenes Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2014, 04:52 PM
  #326
Akanon
Registered User
 
Akanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
I haven't seen this one yet.


http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...4534&catid=246


http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...4535&catid=246


http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...4540&catid=246

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 06:05 PM
  #327
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,699
vCash: 500
I remember that standing ovation Mario got in Philly, I was young but I remember it. It didn't really mean much to me at the time but that's pretty cool. I love how Flyers fans hated the Penguins but didn't really hate Mario, because he was a professional. The same can't be said for Crosby.

I want to take it a step further and call out Pens fans who were so classless as to laugh and call Lindros an egg head. It's no wonder they have such a bad reputation. These videos brought back some memories of all the **** the Pens have pulled the last couple years (Adam's pulling Hartnell's hair, Letang jumping Kimmo, Crosby slashing G's wrists leading to surgeries, Neal's dirty hits on Couts and G, Asham's cross check to Schenn's throat and then punching the back of his head while he was face down on the ice, Malkin's knee on knee with Grossmann, Malkin's crosscheck to the back or Biron's head, Malkin's crosscheck to Gagne's head, Kunitz grinding his elbow into Hartnell's head while Hartnell was on the ice after a big scrum, having Cooke during his worst years, the list goes on and on).

So scummy.

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 06:47 PM
  #328
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I remember that standing ovation Mario got in Philly, I was young but I remember it. It didn't really mean much to me at the time but that's pretty cool. I love how Flyers fans hated the Penguins but didn't really hate Mario, because he was a professional. The same can't be said for Crosby.

I want to take it a step further and call out Pens fans who were so classless as to laugh and call Lindros an egg head. It's no wonder they have such a bad reputation. These videos brought back some memories of all the **** the Pens have pulled the last couple years (Adam's pulling Hartnell's hair, Letang jumping Kimmo, Crosby slashing G's wrists leading to surgeries, Neal's dirty hits on Couts and G, Asham's cross check to Schenn's throat and then punching the back of his head while he was face down on the ice, Malkin's knee on knee with Grossmann, Malkin's crosscheck to the back or Biron's head, Malkin's crosscheck to Gagne's head, Kunitz grinding his elbow into Hartnell's head while Hartnell was on the ice after a big scrum, having Cooke during his worst years, the list goes on and on).

So scummy.
But but but you threw batteries at Santa!!! Classless Philthadelphia.

I love when people say **** like that when people mention other teams/fans doing dirty things. As if every Philly fan was there doing it and now that means their teams and fans get a free pass.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 12:59 AM
  #329
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 50
Just seeing that interview of Crosby in part 3 made me laugh. What a ****ing baby.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 03:31 AM
  #330
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I remember that standing ovation Mario got in Philly, I was young but I remember it. It didn't really mean much to me at the time but that's pretty cool. I love how Flyers fans hated the Penguins but didn't really hate Mario, because he was a professional. The same can't be said for Crosby.

I want to take it a step further and call out Pens fans who were so classless as to laugh and call Lindros an egg head. It's no wonder they have such a bad reputation. These videos brought back some memories of all the **** the Pens have pulled the last couple years (Adam's pulling Hartnell's hair, Letang jumping Kimmo, Crosby slashing G's wrists leading to surgeries, Neal's dirty hits on Couts and G, Asham's cross check to Schenn's throat and then punching the back of his head while he was face down on the ice, Malkin's knee on knee with Grossmann, Malkin's crosscheck to the back or Biron's head, Malkin's crosscheck to Gagne's head, Kunitz grinding his elbow into Hartnell's head while Hartnell was on the ice after a big scrum, having Cooke during his worst years, the list goes on and on).

So scummy.
Yep, I was actually at his last game... don't remember much since I was so young.. but that was my first ever game. I remember people hanging stuffed penguins here and there, lol.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 02:37 AM
  #331
Akanon
Registered User
 
Akanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 795
vCash: 500

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...8342&catid=246


http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...8344&catid=246

And again, this episode provided almost nothing new. Hopefully the episode about the draft will be a good one. I'm sure they could easily do an hour episode even without this kind of re-run ********.

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 02:49 AM
  #332
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanon View Post
And again, this episode provided almost nothing new. Hopefully the episode about the draft will be a good one. I'm sure they could easily do an hour episode even without this kind of re-run ********.
I don't exactly rush to watch them anymore.

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 07:11 AM
  #333
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
It's honestly amazing to me how horrible the quality of these videos are... not just the content either. I'm talking about the editing, audio, graphics, narration, intro... everything. You'd think it would at least be semi decent considering how big the Flyers organization is.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 07:50 AM
  #334
Akanon
Registered User
 
Akanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
It's honestly amazing to me how horrible the quality of these videos are... not just the content either. I'm talking about the editing, audio, graphics, narration, intro... everything. You'd think it would at least be semi decent considering how big the Flyers organization is.
I totally agree with you. Give me a camera or two and the access they had, and I could do a better job with Windows Movie Maker or with some other basic/crappy software.

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 01:25 PM
  #335
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake
 
FrankM95149's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
These were OK and had some funny moments, but I expected a lot more. The Bruins "Behind the B" are each like 20 minutes and have Denis ****ing Leary narrating them. Now I'm not the biggest Leary fan but it's still pretty cool that a famous actor does their show. The camera work and effects and all that is also better.

FrankM95149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2014, 01:47 PM
  #336
Funf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 706
vCash: 500
Yeah, Flight Plan pales in comparison to the Behind the B. This one was particularly awful. Just some new camera angles of the press conference we all saw last week. And I doubt they try to do anything particularly insightful around the draft after what happened with last year's draft board fiasco.

However, it is nice to have an audible GM now.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 09:25 AM
  #337
Akanon
Registered User
 
Akanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf View Post
Yeah, Flight Plan pales in comparison to the Behind the B. This one was particularly awful. Just some new camera angles of the press conference we all saw last week. And I doubt they try to do anything particularly insightful around the draft after what happened with last year's draft board fiasco.

However, it is nice to have an audible GM now.
They could follow the player we draft in the first round and give us a really good look at what happens behind the scenes. I don't expect them to get in the War Room this time.

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 10:56 AM
  #338
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,548
vCash: 500
This series has been a complete dud. Absolutely nothing to gain from it

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 10:49 AM
  #339
Don Nachbaur 26
Registered User
 
Don Nachbaur 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mount Joy, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
This series has been a complete dud. Absolutely nothing to gain from it
Amen. After watching the draft one, I thought this could really be something. After viewing the rest of them, not so much. Like someone else above said, watch "Behind the B". That's pretty good.

Don Nachbaur 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2014, 08:58 PM
  #340
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nachbaur 26 View Post
Amen. After watching the draft one, I thought this could really be something. After viewing the rest of them, not so much. Like someone else above said, watch "Behind the B". That's pretty good.
That's exactly what I did, and came to post what utter crap Flight Plan has been in comparison to it. I see you beat me to it, though. I don't know about the other ones (Oilers, Pens, Wild, Stars etc.), but ours offered so little insight into anything that it's just sad. It started out somewhat alright with the draft discussion, but after that it was downhill fast. If they plan on releasing these, I hope they get their act together and actually produce something that is worth watching.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2014, 09:03 PM
  #341
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,548
vCash: 500
The Habs have a good one too, but I don't watch it because I can't stand that entire franchise, especially Subban

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2014, 09:33 PM
  #342
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,248
vCash: 500
Here's what they should do: put a 24/7 camera on Zac Rinaldo, every once in awhile put him in a random "game" situation -- toss a puck on the kitchen floor, dress his waiter in a Penguins jersey, have the guy next to him waiting in line to taunt him ("C'mon big guy, let's go."), etc. -- and see how he does. Call it Fight Plan.

You're welcome, Flyers Front Office.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2014, 12:32 AM
  #343
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
The Habs have a good one too, but I don't watch it because I can't stand that entire franchise, especially Subban
I can't stand Montreal, either, but I've grown to like Subban. I think his playoff beard is what won me over. I guess if I have the time, I'll give it a try, though I might try the Oilers or the Wild first.

Still, the Flyers really should have put something better out. For example, it was good hearing interactions between the Bruins and the other players on the ice shown on Behind the B, since it often showed players apologizing for bad hits or making sure the other one is alright and such. I didn't know that was how players behaved. Certainly, that was not how I behaved when I played junior soccer And then with the Flyers, it was just recording conversations on the bench or the stupid Giroux pigeon. Nothing new.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2014, 07:22 AM
  #344
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Here's what they should do: put a 24/7 camera on Zac Rinaldo, every once in awhile put him in a random "game" situation -- toss a puck on the kitchen floor, dress his waiter in a Penguins jersey, have the guy next to him waiting in line to taunt him ("C'mon big guy, let's go."), etc. -- and see how he does. Call it Fight Plan.

You're welcome, Flyers Front Office.
That sounds like a Jackass skit.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.