HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lundqvist Named Player of the Week. Vezina? (merged)

Old
03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Gosh... it says a lot about us Rangers fans and the type of hockey we've had to endure when the last 4 or 5 games are considered "as big as it gets for an NHL team". No offense because I know where you're coming from. But all the BIG games for the Rangers have yet to be played.
Yeah, and hopefully they are this season 14 games from now.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:32 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Gosh... it says a lot about us Rangers fans and the type of hockey we've had to endure when the last 4 or 5 games are considered "as big as it gets for an NHL team". No offense because I know where you're coming from. But all the BIG games for the Rangers have yet to be played.
Totally agree....just saying the argument can be made that he has been tested in big games. We all know their backs are against the wall.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:02 AM
TravisZajac*

As a Devil fan, I like Henrik, I mean... He's a good goalie, and next season i'm sure he will be more consistant.But, giving him the Vezina trophy?Not so sure...

I think Vezina should go to Brodeur, I mean the guy got 12shutouts,he will problaly break the record of Bernie Parent(47wins, He needs 48...) The guy will play again 70games +,.. As for Mvp, i think Crosby gonna wins it, Cause...Crosby is Sidney THE KID..

TravisZajac* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 11:09 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Luongo is the best goaltender in the league, and has been for a few years in my opinion. Henrik still has a ways to go, and probably isn't as good this year as he was last.

http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_ne...ers&league=nhl
"With his next win, Lundqvist will reach a pair of milestones. He will become only the second goaltender in club history to string together back-to-back 30 win seasons (Eddie Giacomin won 30+ four consecutive seasons from 1966-67 to 1969-70).

Lundqvist will also become only the third Ranger netminder to win 30 games in a season more than once. Giacomin reached the magic number five times, Mike Richter twice, John Vanbiesbrouck and Gump Worsley once apiece. Lundqvist recorded 30 victories as a rookie last season."

Just thought this should be posted in this thread. It says alot about Lundy...and Ranger goaltending.

Old
03-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Just thought this should be posted in this thread. It says alot about Lundy...and Ranger goaltending.
Yeah, that it hasn't been very good. Perhaps it's just me, but having only 5 goalies reach the 30 win mark in a season seems...well, not very good. Am i misreading something or am I expecting too much from a goaltender's W/L stat?

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 11:24 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Yeah, that it hasn't been very good. Perhaps it's just me, but having only 5 goalies reach the 30 win mark in a season seems...well, not very good. Am i misreading something or am I expecting too much from a goaltender's W/L stat?
No I think you hit it right on! Only I don't really think its a reflection of bad goaltending so much as a reflection of bad Ranger teams. But the BIGGER picture here is that Lundqvist has already equaled some of the best Ranger goaltenders in 2 seasons of work, what took them several more to accomplish, and tied Giacomin, an all time great, in stringing together back to back 30 win seasons!Now he needs 3 more in a row to break Giacomins record!

Old
03-18-2007, 08:55 AM
bleedrngrblue

This guy is phenominal!

Old
03-18-2007, 09:12 AM
ThirdEye

Quote: