HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Liffiton v. Baranka

Old
03-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Not hard...

Liffiton= North American style, tough, rough, old timer, physical, will fight to change a game, stick up for his teammates, or send a message
Baranka= European stlye, finess player, great skater, offensive skill
I haven't seen any Pack games this year, but I always thought Baranka was supposed to be a punishing hitter.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Not hard...

Liffiton= North American style, tough, rough, old timer, physical, will fight to change a game, stick up for his teammates, or send a message
Baranka= European stlye, finess player, great skater, offensive skill
You have single-handedly destroyed any credibility you had on this subject.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Screaming Banshee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I haven't seen any Pack games this year, but I always thought Baranka was supposed to be a punishing hitter.
I maybe in the minority on this but since he broke his hand at the end of last season-- he seems to me to be a little reluctant.

Screaming Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Pizza...or anyone,what are your thoughts of Baranka as a player? Any insights would be greatly appreciated as I know next to nothing about him.
I've seen little of him, but everything I've seen, heard or read says he'll be in the NHL soon. The Rangers brass seems pretty high on him. Again, I think they are reluctant to rush him, as the long term seems to be their main priority. I would say that goes almost double for the back line. Many have made good arguments that the Rangers have a terrible recent history of rushing or otherwise not developing players properly. That is a perception the Rangers badly want to reverse, as it effects to some extent the caliber of player we can attract to the organization.

I see the Rangers being as cautious if not more so with at least the following players:

Staal
Sauer
Sanguinetti
Korpikoski
Anisimov
Dupont
Pyatt
Montoya

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote