HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn impressive again tonight.

Old
03-16-2007, 11:21 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHice View Post
impressive? -3 is impressive?
I'm not quite sure what to say to this. Take a look at the rest of the team's +/-...did you really expect Kostitsyn to be any better?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Būcheron View Post
He threw a few good body checks tonight!! One of these almost caused a 2 on 1! Continue your good work Kosty!
One of these did cause a 2 on 1, but for some reason Plekanec decided to brake and hold the puck for too long.

He's played good again tonight, but knowing Carbo, he'll look at the stats and demote him or bench him in favor of Kovalev.

The main thing I hate about Carbo, is that you can't expect the expected from him. Maybe that's what Gainey meant.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 11:28 PM
CHice

Send a message via MSN to CHice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm not quite sure what to say to this. Take a look at the rest of the team's +/-...did you really expect Kostitsyn to be any better?
im just sayin man, someone thought kostitsyn was impressive just stating the -3.

CHice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Reuben

the plus minus is decieving for tonights game though, hard to fault players when the goalie let's in softies and they also got a empty netter. that has to be taken into consideration.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 11:37 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
the plus minus is decieving for tonights game though, hard to fault players when the goalie let's in softies and they also got a empty netter. that has to be taken into consideration.
And all 3 goals was on the PP

+/- is something really useless...

I hope that lineup for tomorrow.

Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Ryder-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Lapierre-Double shift Ryder or anybody here

Komisarek-Markov
Streit-Souray
Dandenault-Niinimaa

I will put the pads on
Aebischer will be the back up

Last edited by GSK*: 03-16-2007 at 11:52 PM.
GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
And all 3 goals was on the PP

+/- is something really useless...

I hope that lineup for tomorrow.

Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Ryder-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Lapierre-Murray

Komisarek-Markov
Streit-Souray
Dandenault-Niinimaa

I will put the pads on
Aebischer will be the back up
no Murray!

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2007, 11:51 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
no Murray!
Fixed.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 12:19 AM
bayrider

Kostitsyn played pretty well. I would have liked him to have shot the puck on that pass to Higgins that hit the post. He did stop a 3 on 2 with a nice backcheck in the 3rd which unfortunately resulted in a goal after Higgins' pass to Bouillon was turned over. I like that he's using his body and isn't scared to go into the corners. I still notice him out of position sometimes, or bunching up with other players in a scramble for the puck. I liked the fact that he (and Gui) were right in front of the net on the Souray goal screening Fleury.That takes some balls! Overall, I can't say i'm not impressed with his play since Kovalev went out. Good to see him proving himself.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 12:40 AM
DDIHH

Who knows.... maybe we'll see a Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kostitsyn Line next year

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 12:59 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
Not next year (no way Sergei makes the team right out of camp, this is the Habs we're talking about here) but hopefully somewhere down the line.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 01:14 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
This guy is not only proving that he belongs, but imo he's proving that he can be and will be one of our best players.

Do you guys think that he'll get top 2 line minutes next year? He deserves to be a regular on this team and his talent suggests he should be an impact player.

If he plays a full season next year, is 45-50 points out of the question?
Yes, I believe he will be an impact player on the top two lines next year. IMO he already is and should be. He replaces Samsonov IMO. There's our upgrade and we didn't even need to make a trade to do it. We have some diamonds in the rough in our own farm system. Let's see what they can do. The Habs are already a better team with Kostitsyn in the lineup.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 01:18 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Glad to hear he had another good game even if he didn't put up any points (although I think he had the "third assist" on the Souray PPG). Can't believe we wasted 50+ games this year playing Samsonov instead of him...
I dunno. Kostitsyn is a much different player than he was earlier in the season. I think his brief stints with Montreal only helped him improve when sent back down to Hamilton. This stint with the Habs seems different than the rest as he looks like he's been working on his game. He wasn't very noticable when on the ice the last couple of stints, but he is now. This is the Kostitsyn we all hoped for.

Last edited by LesHabsRock: 03-17-2007 at 01:39 AM.
LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 01:38 AM
DDIHH

Quote:
Not next year (no way Sergei makes the team right out of camp, this is the Habs we're talking about here) but hopefully somewhere down the line.
Maybe he could change his name to Serge Castelneau and then, make the team....

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 02:39 AM
mister lerock

what a game by andrei it seemed like nobody was readey for his passes amazing vision and as his confidence grows i think hell drive to the net more and be harder to knock off the puck

Last edited by mister lerock: 03-17-2007 at 02:46 AM.
mister lerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 02:41 AM
Pascal

I've been a fan of his since he got drafted, I've always had a great feeling about him.

Despite what some people say, I think his time in the AHL was needed to get use to north american hockey, and to mature a bit and get comfortable to the lifestyle in the pros.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 04:21 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I thought Kostitsyn was like a freakin ghost last night.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 05:24 AM
EddyK

My thought on this kid

Well first I have noticed that he is bigger than last year and he uses is body very well to protect the puck in the corner. I havent seen him lose the puck in the corner yet.

Secondly, you can tell that he is not shy to show is skill since he's been on that 2nd line. Compare to his first time around, (with Kovy and Sammy) now he wants the puck!
He is always tappin is stick on the ice asking for that outlet pass. It could be that Kovy told him to keep it simple while Kosty needs to be told to play is game and be a go to guy. Now he doesnt have any complex with young guys like Pleks and Higgs. (amazing passes on those guy's goals on tuesday).

Thirdly, you can tell that this Kid doesnt want anything to do with Steeltown anymore as he is hustling like never before and he hits whenever he has the chance. Maybe being a Dad, he feels the difference in paychecks more

Lastly, in 2003 I really wanted Carter because I thought he would fill that big center need. But After I read about KOsty I was quite thrilled we drafted him because I thought he could be that star we need to carry the offensive load. But after a slow start in the AHL I was little bit worried. However the last 2 seasons, he gave me back hope and especially with his last stint in Mtl, I really see why the Habs crew was so high on him as he can be a dominant(Belarus vs Usa wjc dominant) player for us for many years. Him and Koivu were the most visible offensive players tonight even though they didnt score. My friend, a pens fan, kept on asking me about #46. He said he plays the same style as Marian Hossa (strong on skate and aggressive forecheck)
P.S Let not forget that in 2003 this kid was still unsure about his hockey future because of epilepsy.
Sorry for the long post

EddyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 07:55 AM
laubelroc

kots

played great like first part of year but skating in doubt .but our speed from lats is great for a freight train got to be slowest skater in nhl bar none.

laubelroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 08:14 AM
turnbuckle*

I wonder if Vlad is still laughing about my contention a couple years back that Kosty could become a gritty, two-way player at the NHL level some day; all he needed was some time.

I saw that capability a couple years back when he put on a dominating two-way performance vs. the Americans in the WJC, when he understood what his coach was saying to him. It was always there; it was just a question of him adjusting to the NA game, culture and language.

Kosty doesn't mind body contact; in fact he almost seems to welcome it; and his defensive play is the most underrated part of his game. Anyone that saw that clip a couple years back of him bowling with Ivanans knows he's all muscle in the lower body; the kid is a horse. That play he made on the backcheck was one of the nicest defensive plays a Hab forward has made all season, and it wasn't the only strong effort he made coming back.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Can't believe we wasted 50+ games this year playing Samsonov instead of him...
And 3.5 million dollars, I like Gainey but you need to have better communication with your coach, if he doesnt like the guy dont sign him.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:14 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

people need to relax, kosty took time to develop and it's OK. very few players are able to play in the NHL 1-2 years after their draft.

remember when he came up this year he didn't look that good. he needed to be in the AHL and dominate

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:16 AM
krabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Būcheron View Post
He threw a few good body checks tonight!! One of these almost caused a 2 on 1! Continue your good work Kosty!
I was going to mention that too, he gets involved in the corners much more than I would have thought

krabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:26 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
I was watching the game on Fox Pittsburgh and they mentioned Kostitsyn near the end of the game. The said they were very impressed with him tonight and they can't believe he spent the entire year in AHL.
I had the misfortune of watching on that channel too. I think the Kostitsyn mention was the only time they stopped babbling about Crosby all night. Those guys are hands down the worst hockey commentators I've ever seen. They didn't even TRY not to look like homers. Think Healy with even less hockey knowledge.

Ranting over, Kostitsyn was awesome. I can't wait to see what he and Higgins look like on the same line with even more time together.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:38 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Put him with Koivu and Kovy (if he plays) tomorrow. Carbo didn't want Kovy and Koivu reunited because we would not have enough offense on other lines, but our 2nd line has been doing fine lately.
I think he was sent down last time because he wasn't confident enough to play with older players. He'd look to give up the puck too soon rather than make a play. I'd like to see him drive the net with the puck tonight, get himself a goal. I don't see anything not to like right now, he seems to have turned a corner, but it's all talk until he starts to score.

So, the last thing I want right now is for him to play with Koivu or Kovalev.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
Probably not. I'd think a Grabovski-Plekanec-Kostitsyn is a posibility though.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote