HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Granato show update

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2004, 11:28 AM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Granato show update

Lots of talk about proposed rule changes but as usual, the most important stuff were the injury updates....

Nikolishin will not make the road trip, he's in Denver for rehab. No ETA to get him back.

Brigley has a shoulder bruise, he's on the road trip and might play today depending on the morning skate.

Riku is on the road trip. He's taking full contact at practice and might be a week away, he's being evaluated on an ongoing basis.

Marek Svatos skated with the team for the first time Monday. He's in Denver on rehab and a "month or so" away. Might be available at the end of the regular season.

No mention of Hinote at all. He might be done for a while. I fear that the strength of his game leaves no wiggle room for concussion problems. I think Hinote fans should prepare for a short career in my opinion. It sucks and there's no other way to spin it.

Nothing really on Blake, the 7 to 10 day estimate seems pretty accurate. Granato did mention it will allow "other" bumps and bruises to heal up. Everyone keeps saying leg in this but I've heard a couple of interesting quotes on all this. First, Blake himself said he got hit in the "foot" a few times blocking shots. Then Granato says it got worse when Blake laced up his "skate" for the all star game. So I'm thinking the broken leg might be a broken bone in the foot or ankle area instead. Why the deception? I think it's an inside joke with the Avalanche at this point.

Old
02-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Breck Av

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Lots of talk about proposed rule changes but as usual, the most important stuff were the injury updates....

Nikolishin will not make the road trip, he's in Denver for rehab. No ETA to get him back.

Brigley has a shoulder bruise, he's on the road trip and might play today depending on the morning skate.

Riku is on the road trip. He's taking full contact at practice and might be a week away, he's being evaluated on an ongoing basis.

Marek Svatos skated with the team for the first time Monday. He's in Denver on rehab and a "month or so" away. Might be available at the end of the regular season.

No mention of Hinote at all. He might be done for a while. I fear that the strength of his game leaves no wiggle room for concussion problems. I think Hinote fans should prepare for a short career in my opinion. It sucks and there's no other way to spin it.

Nothing really on Blake, the 7 to 10 day estimate seems pretty accurate. Granato did mention it will allow "other" bumps and bruises to heal up. Everyone keeps saying leg in this but I've heard a couple of interesting quotes on all this. First, Blake himself said he got hit in the "foot" a few times blocking shots. Then Granato says it got worse when Blake laced up his "skate" for the all star game. So I'm thinking the broken leg might be a broken bone in the foot or ankle area instead. Why the deception? I think it's an inside joke with the Avalanche at this point.
Bad news about Hinote. Do you think the Avs will need to make a trade for a player of his ilk? Someone that can hit and agitate and help on the PK.

The Nikolishin injury has hurt the most out of all the injuries Colorado has suffered this year, IMO. We have no depth in the face-off circle and the PK has been dreadfull since he went down.

Getting Riku back will help the PK, though I honestly can't remember if he was good at taking face-offs.

Svatos was spectacular opening night against Chicago and then just disapeared with the injury. I'd love to see him again this year but that might not be feasable with his shoulder problems. Rookies usually don't perform great in their first playoff, especially small rookies like Marek. Let him finish the year in Hershey.

Old
02-12-2004, 02:14 PM
st_roland

Maybe to replace Hinote(not replace... you know...take over responsibilities) We could do a package deal for Weimer and Fernandez. Weimer+Boughner+Fernandez=Best chance for the Cup in my eyes.

If Hinote really is out even for just the rest of the season, i'm gonna be pretty broken up. If his career is over, i'm wearing black for the rest of the month.

Last edited by st_roland: 02-12-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Old
02-12-2004, 03:56 PM
avs1dacup

it's WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too early to say his career is over. the kings have yet to say deaders career is over, as well as allison, and neither have played at all this year. i'm sure he'll be fine. he just needs to not rush it and come back when he's well and ready.

Old
02-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
I may be really tired and I'm too lazy to research, but I don't think Hinote has a history of concussions; so I would agree with the previous post in stating its premature to say his career will be short. Perhaps he may not return to the Avs until the end of the regular season, but I would definately like to have more information first.

Closed Thread