HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammy: "This is not going to take as long as some people think"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2007, 07:40 PM
  #1
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,562
vCash: 500
Cammy: "This is not going to take as long as some people think"

"I've said ever since we began rebuilding, or whatever people are calling it, this is not going to take as long as some people think," Cammalleri told Kings beat writers after the Kings defeated Edmonton on Monday night but were eliminated from the playoffs. "You can see the young talent we have here."

http://www.lakings.com/2,5371.ftm

It's nice to hear this come from Cammy. I always questioned whether or not he wanted to stay a King, but I think this answers my questions.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 07:43 PM
  #2
IlyaAlexanderMalkin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coeur d'Alene
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Multi-Year Deal better be around the corner.

IlyaAlexanderMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
  #3
jeffreyaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: GutFest '89
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
"I've said ever since we began rebuilding, or whatever people are calling it, this is not going to take as long as some people think," Cammalleri told Kings beat writers after the Kings defeated Edmonton on Monday night but were eliminated from the playoffs. "You can see the young talent we have here."

http://www.lakings.com/2,5371.ftm

It's nice to hear this come from Cammy. I always questioned whether or not he wanted to stay a King, but I think this answers my questions.
Under Andy Murray- maybe not. Under Marc Crawford- you've got to think yes. Top offensive players flourish under this guy- see Sakic, Forsberg, Naslund, Bertuzzi....

jeffreyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:16 PM
  #4
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
"I've said ever since we began rebuilding, or whatever people are calling it, this is not going to take as long as some people think," Cammalleri told Kings beat writers after the Kings defeated Edmonton on Monday night but were eliminated from the playoffs. "You can see the young talent we have here."

http://www.lakings.com/2,5371.ftm

It's nice to hear this come from Cammy. I always questioned whether or not he wanted to stay a King, but I think this answers my questions.
Words of someone who wants to be a leader.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
  #5
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
It's already taken longer than I expected.....

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:27 PM
  #6
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
It's already taken longer than I expected.....
ha ha ha, that post is the classic PSP I love!

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:37 PM
  #7
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,392
vCash: 500
Awards:
hey, thats what i said...its not going to take very long.

so you naysayers out there that wants a lottery pick next year, find another bizzaro earth...*cough*lgk*cough*

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:48 PM
  #8
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
ha ha ha, that post is the classic PSP I love!
If you set the bar low enough, you're bound to be satisfied

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:25 AM
  #9
ExplosionsintheGine
Registered User
 
ExplosionsintheGine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
If you set the bar low enough, you're bound to be satisfied
"LETZ GET IT ON!" *whistle blows*

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:36 AM
  #10
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,774
vCash: 500
Awards:
Sign a cheap longterm deal and make it take even less time. Put your money where your mouth is and then we'll talk.

Till then, well...you know

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:04 AM
  #11
treason47
 
treason47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to treason47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyaa View Post
Under Andy Murray- maybe not. Under Marc Crawford- you've got to think yes. Top offensive players flourish under this guy- see Sakic, Forsberg, Naslund, Bertuzzi....
I always said since watching Camms play his college hockey that he would be a top line scorer and a team leader. I knew exactly what we were getting when he was drafted So for me it's no surpirse.

treason47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
  #12
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,138
vCash: 500
That's pretty much what Jim Hughson said as well during the last Kings/Canucks game. "This team is going to be very good, very fast.". Talked about Kopitar, Frolov, Cammalleri, Brown, Jack Mother ****ing Johnson, O'Sullivan and even mentioned Cliche, and Lewis. When his dumb*** sidekick, John Garrett mentioned goaltending, Hughson mentioned Bernier.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 05:02 PM
  #13
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
That's pretty much what Jim Hughson said as well during the last Kings/Canucks game. "This team is going to be very good, very fast.". Talked about Kopitar, Frolov, Cammalleri, Brown, Jack Mother ****ing Johnson, O'Sullivan and even mentioned Cliche, and Lewis. When his dumb*** sidekick, John Garrett mentioned goaltending, Hughson mentioned Bernier.
Everyone seems to say that...most just vaguely mention Cammalleri and Frolov and then move on.

I agree with the sentiment that the Kings will be good sooner than many expect, but I think a lot of the commentators who talk about it aren't all that well-informed about their subject matter and are just looking for something to fill up air time with.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:17 PM
  #14
devilinto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Damn the kings been rebuilding since 67

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:53 PM
  #15
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
There is no doubt the team has been playing better lately (perhaps due, in part, to the opposition finding it difficult to "get up" to play them) but Edmonton is clearly the worst team in the league right now so beating them decisively at home was almost a given. The Kings are still quite a distance behind the top 8 teams in the conference.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:25 PM
  #16
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
But only a few points behind the bottom feeders.

Must...keep...Kopitar...out...

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 11:25 PM
  #17
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Everyone seems to say that...most just vaguely mention Cammalleri and Frolov and then move on.

I agree with the sentiment that the Kings will be good sooner than many expect, but I think a lot of the commentators who talk about it aren't all that well-informed about their subject matter and are just looking for something to fill up air time with.
But when an announcer is throwing out the names Bernier, Cliche, and Lewis, you know he knows his stuff. Plus Jim Hughson is a very knowledgeable announcer.
Unless of course you were talking about Garrett, the human equivalent of a post.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 01:23 AM
  #18
Sybil227
Registered User
 
Sybil227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Santa Clarita
Country: United States
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
But when an announcer is throwing out the names Bernier, Cliche, and Lewis, you know he knows his stuff. Plus Jim Hughson is a very knowledgeable announcer.
Unless of course you were talking about Garrett, the human equivalent of a post.
Oooh. Can we put him behind Cloutier? With 3 posts, fewer pucks might go in.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:07 AM
  #19
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,345
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
hey, thats what i said...its not going to take very long.
When was the last time the Kings made the playoffs?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 10:51 AM
  #20
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,470
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The Kings look awful without Kopitar in the lineup and they were already bad before. If Lombardi doesn't bring in more talent this offseason and Kopitar gets hurt it will be another very long season. These young guys are good complimentary players but cannot do it on their own.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 11:15 AM
  #21
Hockey Duckie
Registered User
 
Hockey Duckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: southern cal
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
I think your PP unit will improve next year with the addition, hopefully, of Jack Johnson. Can you imagine having Visnovsky and Jack Johnson on the blue line at the same time. While keeping up with Ducks' prospect Mitera, Johnson is his team mate at UM and Johnson is all over that stat sheet! (Ducks fan here... and I got surprised we didn't pick Jack Johnson in the draft.)

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.