HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

When will Forsberg go back to Sweden?

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 08:36 PM
londberg21

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to londberg21 Send a message via MSN to londberg21 Send a message via Yahoo to londberg21
When will Forsberg go back to Sweden?

What do you guys think about your superstar's desire to return home (for good)? You think it'll be this offseason or what? It's a constant rumor with a lot of the Swedish players, and I know it's long been big news with Peter. Whaddya think????

Old
02-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
forsberg has given the avs and its fans more then enough. if he wants to go back thenn i wish him the best of luck

Old
02-09-2004, 10:22 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
We all would respect his decision. Just maybe not agree with it. We all want him to stay indefinately.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
A lot of people forget that just because he goes over to Sweeden, doesn't mean he won't come back, and even Forsberg has eluded to this. He has also said that he wants to win a championship for MoDo while he is still in his prime. Hopefully he goes over there for a year, or two at the most, wins his championship, and then finishes his career with the Avs at a reduced salary for the new CBA's cap.

Old
02-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
A lot of people forget that just because he goes over to Sweeden, doesn't mean he won't come back, and even Forsberg has eluded to this. He has also said that he wants to win a championship for MoDo while he is still in his prime. Hopefully he goes over there for a year, or two at the most, wins his championship, and then finishes his career with the Avs at a reduced salary for the new CBA's cap.
There is is definitely something to this. He initially said that he would play his last year for Modo, but when asked about it last year, he stated that he never said that his last year would be with Modo. I think he'll go back to Modo next year while the NHL sorts out the hew CBA and then decide if he'll come back to the Avs.

Old
02-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Petey21

I think he will return to the Avs after a year or two in Sweden, and there's no way he will end up in another NHL team than the Avs (unless he'll get traded but that option doesn't even exist in my book). So don't worry, he will probably be back once he has fulfilled his dream of playing in Sweden again. I hope to see him win here in Sweden though, that'd be great both for me as a MoDo fan and for him to fullfil his dream of winning with them too.

Old
02-10-2004, 10:11 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Forsberg will go back after he plays a year with Naslund on the Canucks :p

and no he won't be traded - he's 1 yr away from UFA status, and if there's a lockout that's next hockey season

Old
02-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Papadice

Send a message via MSN to Papadice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
Forsberg will go back after he plays a year with Naslund on the Canucks :p

and no he won't be traded - he's 1 yr away from UFA status, and if there's a lockout that's next hockey season
I have actually heard reports that he has eluded to this as a possibility... He said that one of the things that would keep him in the NHL would be a chance to play a year with Naslund (friends)... So don't be suprised if this happens eventually... Naslund as well has strongly hinted about going back to Sweden...

Old
02-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgallant
Naslund as well has strongly hinted about going back to Sweden...

Nazzy has kids too and he wants them to go to school in Sweden - however, Peter doesn't have that (problem ?)

Closed Thread