HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Sherwood Nexon n12 stick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2013, 10:42 PM
  #26
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 500
I finally broke my of my n12s after buying two in August of '12. The toes on both are pretty beaten up, but the blades and shafts were pretty much intact until I snapped one last night at the heel of the blade.

Overall, the N12 has been one of my favorite sticks of all time, right up there with the One95. I'm hoping to find some on clearance this summer.

Devil Dancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 11:32 PM
  #27
reecardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Similar Story

Bought my N10 pro stock from the pro-shop at the local rink as a backup, it has been far more durable then I would have thought. My next stick will be a Sherwood again for sure, it has outlasted three Warrior sticks/shafts that I used far less.

reecardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 07:49 AM
  #28
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ChiTownHawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orland Park, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Looks like they are offering an all white version now:
http://www.totalhockey.com/product/N...6-41/?mtx_id=0

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
  #29
Chanbing96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kalamazoo mi
Country: United States
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lollipop King View Post
Sherwood makes pretty good sticks. I was also using more expensive sticks ($2-300) and finally became fed up breaking them so often.

I finally went out and bought the Sherwood N10 which is a really good stick. I paid around $80 bucks for it. I find that I actually like it better, and that it is more durable.

I ended up buying 3 of them so I dont have to worry about them for a while.

Honestly, you can either shoot or you can't, the most important thing is the feel of the stick. If you like the feel of a $10 wood one then go with that. If you think that a $300 stick feels the best for you then get that.

I would reccomended looking at the N10 though (never tried the N12, but I would assume its pretty similar). Its an affordable stick that performs well.
We're did you find it for 80$?

Chanbing96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:32 PM
  #30
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,414
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Looks like they are offering an all white version now:
http://www.totalhockey.com/product/N...6-41/?mtx_id=0
Looks sick but I had to paint my RBZ blade black. After using nothing but dark tape and dark colored blades or one pieces my whole life it really threw me off when I tried to receive passes. It seems silly but when you're playing a league game and flubbing passes when you're wide open sick looking sticks aren't that cool. One coat of flat black paint and I was back to normal.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:24 PM
  #31
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Looks like they are offering an all white version now:
http://www.totalhockey.com/product/N...6-41/?mtx_id=0
Sexy! Not worth an additional $20, but sexy!

Devil Dancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 08:48 AM
  #32
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ChiTownHawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orland Park, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Looks sick but I had to paint my RBZ blade black. After using nothing but dark tape and dark colored blades or one pieces my whole life it really threw me off when I tried to receive passes. It seems silly but when you're playing a league game and flubbing passes when you're wide open sick looking sticks aren't that cool. One coat of flat black paint and I was back to normal.
That's kind of funny b/c I have the Mako 2 and it has the black blade, but I covered that in white tape, b/c that's what I'm used to. Just goes to show how useless most of these color gimmicks are. It is always whatever you are most comfortable with.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 02:54 PM
  #33
bestmyfeeling
Registered User
 
bestmyfeeling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
any updates on these...only reason i'm asking is they're on clearance now for ~$100 here in edmonton...wanted to hear more about the stick

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 02:56 PM
  #34
bestmyfeeling
Registered User
 
bestmyfeeling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
any updates on this? reason i ask is my LHS has them on clearance for ~$100 wondering what previous owners thought of their N12

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 07:53 PM
  #35
Ukgoalie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
The goalie nexon sticks delaminate super fast as well

Ukgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 09:14 PM
  #36
Onetimersniper28
Registered User
 
Onetimersniper28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmyfeeling View Post
any updates on these...only reason i'm asking is they're on clearance now for ~$100 here in edmonton...wanted to hear more about the stick
I'd say you should get the Warrior Widow instead, it's on clearance for $130 in Canada.

Onetimersniper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 12:19 PM
  #37
bestmyfeeling
Registered User
 
bestmyfeeling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 View Post
I'd say you should get the Warrior Widow instead, it's on clearance for $130 in Canada.
i had a widow it broke on me my first shift

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 01:07 PM
  #38
r3cc0s
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
I've still been a 2 piece user for some time...

I've been using a hall/sakic curve on an AK27 and a ST which are both low->mid kickpoint but my RS blades for sure helped make it seem to pop lower.

I picked up the Stasny curve which is the same as the Sakic/Hall, in a N11 from Costco which seem to be almost like the N12, as they weigh the same in specs.

I have to say, I'm impressed... lots of "Pop", especially in the blade.

Very good feel to the blade and shaft, never missing a pass... BUT I think what people are saying, especially with the non-grip, is a feel on the finish that isn't up to par like the high end RBZ/TotalOne.

I think its cause its non-tapered, and has a finish-clear/coat simular to the old Sherwood Response RM9/19 sticks.

but otherwise I have no quarms over its durability.

I did buy a pair and I switch between the two to increase their durability...

in fact "shaft" wise, the load feels very simular to the old RM19 pro-stocks I had, infact the same kinda shaft size as the Blue series. HOWEVER the blade feel is night and day, as the old one felt like super heavy fiberglass and dead, compared to this one.

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 09:17 AM
  #39
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 500
Huh, I had no idea there was a N11. Also, I'm jealous of anyone whose Costco sells hockey gear. That doesn't happen here in the DC area.

I'm now using my third N12, and the performance has been consistently good. I've been using the current stick for around 4 months, 2-3x per week, and again the only problem is that the toe is cracked. Toe wear has slowed since I started taping all the way over the toe, which I didn't used to do.

Still a great stick. Get 'em on clearance while they last.

Devil Dancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 09:19 AM
  #40
lifebird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago area
Country: United States
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN -- N10 & N12 sticks Rock!

I have been through quite a few sticks looking for the ideal. N12 is my choice. I just picked up 2 more N12's on eBay; new for $65 each. I also tried the N10's which are great sticks but I favor the super light N12. Two years using an N12 and no breaks, only shaft nicks from batting down shots.
If you look around the Internet enough you should find a great price for the right flex & blade profile. My local Total Hockey has run out of RH N12's, they still have some N10's at clearance prices. NOTE: Although most SherWood NHL'ers use the N12, other guys including Craig Adams (Penguins) favored the N10 for a couple of seasons.
Overall, I find that SherWood is the best kept secret for getting a high-end stick without the $250+ price tag.
Happy Hockey, T

lifebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 05:15 PM
  #41
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebird View Post
I have been through quite a few sticks looking for the ideal. N12 is my choice. I just picked up 2 more N12's on eBay; new for $65 each. I also tried the N10's which are great sticks but I favor the super light N12. Two years using an N12 and no breaks, only shaft nicks from batting down shots.
If you look around the Internet enough you should find a great price for the right flex & blade profile. My local Total Hockey has run out of RH N12's, they still have some N10's at clearance prices. NOTE: Although most SherWood NHL'ers use the N12, other guys including Craig Adams (Penguins) favored the N10 for a couple of seasons.
Overall, I find that SherWood is the best kept secret for getting a high-end stick without the $250+ price tag.
Happy Hockey, T
Source?

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 12:28 PM
  #42
MattGTI
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Milford
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Source?
I actually tried to look into this. While I can't say what his actual preference was. He definitely used something that looked like a Nexon N10(wheter it was something dressed up in a different paint job, who knows). If you look up images of him, there are definite more than one with him clearly using a Sherwood Nexon N10 color scheme. Although, I think it would be hard pressed to find out what the stick really was, if it in fact was or was not a true N10.

I can't access Ebay from my work PC. However, through a search it appears that there may have been some N10 pro Craig Adams pro returns on Ebay at one point.

So who knows.

MattGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 01:57 PM
  #43
Two4Roughing
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGTI View Post
I actually tried to look into this. While I can't say what his actual preference was. He definitely used something that looked like a Nexon N10(wheter it was something dressed up in a different paint job, who knows). If you look up images of him, there are definite more than one with him clearly using a Sherwood Nexon N10 color scheme. Although, I think it would be hard pressed to find out what the stick really was, if it in fact was or was not a true N10.

I can't access Ebay from my work PC. However, through a search it appears that there may have been some N10 pro Craig Adams pro returns on Ebay at one point.

So who knows.
If he wasn't using a N10, they sure tried to make it look like he does:

http://www.post-gazette.com/image/20.../adams0205.jpg

Two4Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 07:25 PM
  #44
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGTI View Post
I actually tried to look into this. While I can't say what his actual preference was. He definitely used something that looked like a Nexon N10(wheter it was something dressed up in a different paint job, who knows). If you look up images of him, there are definite more than one with him clearly using a Sherwood Nexon N10 color scheme. Although, I think it would be hard pressed to find out what the stick really was, if it in fact was or was not a true N10.

I can't access Ebay from my work PC. However, through a search it appears that there may have been some N10 pro Craig Adams pro returns on Ebay at one point.

So who knows.
Bingo. The first rule of thumb when looking at pro equipment is to never assume that the visuals equate to the actuals.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 11:41 AM
  #45
jazzykat
Registered User
 
jazzykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Bingo. The first rule of thumb when looking at pro equipment is to never assume that the visuals equate to the actuals.

Kessel and PK Suban still play with S19s. Wouldn't Easton be extremely motivated to make them S19's and paint them like the new synergy or something?

jazzykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 12:31 PM
  #46
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzykat View Post
Kessel and PK Suban still play with S19s. Wouldn't Easton be extremely motivated to make them S19's and paint them like the new synergy or something?
And how do you know they are true S19s?

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 02:19 AM
  #47
jazzykat
Registered User
 
jazzykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
And how do you know they are true S19s?
touche

seriously though, wouldn't all the stick compAnies want eveyone playing with the newest paint job?

jazzykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 07:39 AM
  #48
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
What they want and what players do can and sometimes are different. CCM most definitely wanted Ovi to keep using their product too.

We have a batch of Subban's sticks. They are Mako 2s dressed as S19s.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 02:35 PM
  #49
jazzykat
Registered User
 
jazzykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
What they want and what players do can and sometimes are different. CCM most definitely wanted Ovi to keep using their product too.

We have a batch of Subban's sticks. They are Mako 2s dressed as S19s.
WOW! That is unexpected. I guess if you are a pro, then the sky is the limit for what companies will do.

jazzykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 02:47 PM
  #50
McDugan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
We have a batch of Subban's sticks. They are Mako 2s dressed as S19s.
Odd. Wonder if he thinks he is using an S19.

It's not all that far-fetched, really. Considering how pros are notoriously finicky about not changing what they're comfortable with, but also tend not to be gear connoisseurs on the level of many enthusiasts, I wouldn't be shocked if he either wanted S19's and they gave him Mako II's painted as S19's because they don't actually make S19's anymore, or if he just had some weird superstitious hangup about the graphics.

McDugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.