HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dubinsky Sent Down to HFD

Old
03-17-2007, 08:55 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
Why are people getting mad at Renney? The Rangers weren't allowed to keep him up.
I don't get it either.

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 08:57 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
People call Renney a moron without knowing why Dubinsky didn't play.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:05 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
He looked great last night...I don't understand the move....Not with Isbister (who can't finish) and Orr in the lineup...

With Straka injured Dubinskys stay in Hartford SHOULD be very short.....
i dont know, I can see Dawes called up though which would not be bad.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
And remember, Isbister was left off of the Hartford active roster. I don't beleive he can be sent back down.
The AHL active roster for the PO's is always made into a story by the media, but its actually pretty much joke.

If a NHL team trys to send down a bunch of NHL players just to get experience in the AHL playoffs, the AHL can stop it. But I do think we easily could have sent down Isbister. There are a bunch of triggers that allows you to add players too it, if I remember correctly a NHL player can go down if he have played a certain amount of games in the AHL for example, a number Isbister must have reached.

Renney had to choose between Dubinsky and Isbister, and went with Isbister. Now I thought Isbister had a good game tonight, but I don't know, it must be tough for Dubinsky... He have played really well.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:20 PM
stuart

Isbister tries but

he can't hit the side of a barn.

I play Dubinsky over him today at 20, no question..

stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:22 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
The AHL active roster for the PO's is always made into a story by the media, but its actually pretty much joke.

If a NHL team trys to send down a bunch of NHL players just to get experience in the AHL playoffs, the AHL can stop it. But I do think we easily could have sent down Isbister. There are a bunch of triggers that allows you to add players too it, if I remember correctly a NHL player can go down if he have played a certain amount of games in the AHL for example, a number Isbister must have reached.

Renney had to choose between Dubinsky and Isbister, and went with Isbister. Now I thought Isbister had a good game tonight, but I don't know, it must be tough for Dubinsky... He have played really well.
im not being sarcastic, but let me tell ya, ola you are one hell of a poster. great info, thanks for the post!

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Dubi will be back on the roster when we make the playoffs....

I know, bold statement, us making the playoffs...

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggarelli View Post
Dubi will be back on the roster when we make the playoffs....

I know, bold statement, us making the playoffs...
The playoff roster is set--unless there is an injury then no player can get called up for the playoffs.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
The playoff roster is set--unless there is an injury then no player can get called up for the playoffs.
I thought that the roster could expand to 25 players for the playoffs... yes, no?

If not, my bad then.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggarelli View Post
I thought that the roster could expand to 25 players for the playoffs... yes, no?

If not, my bad then.
Nope.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
im not being sarcastic, but let me tell ya, ola you are one hell of a poster. great info, thanks for the post!
Thanks man!

I am not sure if I am right, but if I remember correctly there are a number of "emergency situations", one of them is if one player is recalled to the NHL, another can be added to the AHL roster. So we could basically have recalled Dubi again and sent Isbister down to replace him, aren't 100% though.

edit:

Here is a link;
http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/press_20070302.php

Quote:
According to AHL by-laws, only those players listed on a team's Clear Day roster are eligible to compete in the remainder of the AHL regular season and in the 2007 Calder Cup Playoffs, unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension. Teams may also add signed junior players or players on amateur tryout contracts after their respective seasons are complete.

Last edited by Ola: 03-17-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 09:56 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Isn't there a rule like only 3 permanent call-ups after the trade deadline? Isbister being a permanent call-up because he replaced Dupuis.

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 12:58 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Good Lord, people! Why is everyone freaking out? Do you realize how many young players the team has on it now? They've shown a pattern of bringing guys up for a taste, sending them back down and bringing them up permanently later. Dubinsky's had his taste and he'll be back to stay sooner rather than later.

Perhaps much sooner depending on Straka's injury...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Balej20*

Dubinksy better be right back up for the next game if Straka is out. And he better get more than 8 minutes. I've seen nothing from him that tells me he can't play in this league.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 07:42 AM
bmoak

Recall rules at the end of the season are pretty arcane. For example, the Pack tried to recall Pikkarainen from Charlotte only to have to send him back down since some obscure rle stated he had to play 8 games in Chalotte before being eligible for recall.

You don't get unlimited player movement between the AHL and NHL. FWIW, only 4 recalls are allowed, and I think the Rangers have used 2. Emergency callups are allowed, but are limited in duration.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 07:59 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Dubinksy better be right back up for the next game if Straka is out. And he better get more than 8 minutes. I've seen nothing from him that tells me he can't play in this league.
Is Straka in a diminished capacity that much better than a young, healthy Dubinsky, who can win faceoffs and add a physical element, too? Why not just IR Straka, and give him some time to heal, while taking advantage of some fresh legs in Dubinsky?

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Is Straka in a diminished capacity that much better than a young, healthy Dubinsky, who can win faceoffs and add a physical element, too? Why not just IR Straka, and give him some time to heal, while taking advantage of some fresh legs in Dubinsky?
Because Renney's an idiot. I'm not positive, but I don't think even he thought to rest Jagr in the 7-0 blowout. I was beyond belief that Jagr was still out there with 15 minutes to play let alone anything under 10.

WEB - http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 08:20 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Because Renney's an idiot. I'm not positive, but I don't think even he thought to rest Jagr in the 7-0 blowout. I was beyond belief that Jagr was still out there with 15 minutes to play let alone anything under 10.
I think it's more than just Renney...I'm not sure why they feel the have to protect their emergency call-ups...and, since Straka is hurt, unless there's a restriction on the amount of players that can occupy the IR, (somebody correct me if there is), I'm not sure there isn't a reason to allow Dubi to replace Straka, especially to get Straka some needed rest possibly for the POs.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 08:24 AM
wereback

Jagr played only 16 minutes last night....his lowest total of the year..minus games in which he was injured.....Lay off Renney....this is the same coach who is pretty close to getting this team in the PO's for two years in a row......

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 08:31 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Rangers are allowed only 4 regular call ups after the trading deadline

Most of the players are being recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis

Quote:
New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that forward Ryan Callahan has been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2760

Quote:
New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that defenseman David Liffiton has been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2756

Quote:
New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that forward Brandon Dubinsky and defenseman David Liffiton have been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2732

Once the injured or sick player is healthy,the Rangers send the other player back down

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Fletch

I guess one would ask....

why Isbister gets the real call-up and the others are on an emergency basis. Both Dubinsky and Callahan were worthy of call-ups before Isbister, and Callahan has outplayed Isbister by a wide margin in his two games.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 08:54 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers are allowed only 4 regular call ups after the trading deadline

Most of the players are being recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2760

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2756

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2732

Once the injured or sick player is healthy,the Rangers send the other player back down
Thank you for the information you have supplied. Our "knowedgeable" fan base should be embarrased at their ignorence. JHC fire Renney is all I hear or read when something bad happens or something that they cannot comprehend. Don't bother to try and find out what's really happening just "fire Renney"

nrf83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 08:59 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Isbister was called up on 2/21 and 2/27 which was before the trading deadline

Isbister isn't on the Hartford clear day roster.When the Rangers season,Isbister will not be sent back to Hartford.That was the indication

The CBA is so complex.Conditioning stints aren't allowed after the trading deadline,etc

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 09:41 AM
natureboy*

[QUOTE=DarthSather99;8543552]People should relax. Dubinsky needs to play alot. He looks good but will get better. Giving a player a taste is good, the Rangers have done this alot with their younger players.

He should be playing ALOT up HERE!!!!!!!!!!

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 09:43 AM
polako

Besides, when Shanahan and/or Hossa return, I'm a lot more comfortable seeing Isbister as the healthy scratch, rather than Callahan or Dubinsky

polako is offline   Reply With Quote