HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official 2014 NHL Draft Discussion, Suck for Sam or Play Bad For Ekblad?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2014, 11:16 AM
  #926
sweranger
Registered User
 
sweranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Sweden
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Another guy I'd be interested to take with our first pick would be Ben Thomas. We need som hard hitting guys that still can put up some numbers

sweranger is offline  
Old
05-14-2014, 11:49 AM
  #927
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I can take hot and cold with a young player, the allure is the skills, you bank on him getting his game together as he grows.

Who are your 3 ? Karabacek, Lernout, and Sanheim?
Why not bank on that, right?

Sanheim, Kamenev, Donato.

#99 (LOL) Kamenev was under the eye of Mike Keenan at Metallurg, who also retired Jan Marek's # (DYK??) The guy is basically Barbashev, if Barbashev stayed in RUS. Donato's got top 10 hands and patience with the puck and is really physical; he doesn't give 100% though and I'm not comfortable saying it's because of competition.

__________________
DRAFTBUZZ HOCKEY
2015 NHL Draft Preliminary Ranking
Twitter
Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
05-14-2014, 11:50 AM
  #928
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweranger View Post
Another guy I'd be interested to take with our first pick would be Ben Thomas. We need som hard hitting guys that still can put up some numbers
Thomas should be a late round pick.

Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
05-14-2014, 12:04 PM
  #929
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Mauro View Post
Why not bank on that, right?

Sanheim, Kamenev, Donato.

#99 (LOL) Kamenev was under the eye of Mike Keenan at Metallurg, who also retired Jan Marek's # (DYK??) The guy is basically Barbashev, if Barbashev stayed in RUS. Donato's got top 10 hands and patience with the puck and is really physical; he doesn't give 100% though and I'm not comfortable saying it's because of competition.
Until I hear from anyone that Kamenev has the desire to play in NA, I'm not sold on him as a 1st rounder. He was drafted #3 overall in the KHL draft so they might try to keep him there. Of course they said similar things about Nikushin, but he actually was upfront about playing in NA.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-14-2014, 02:50 PM
  #930
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweranger View Post
There's a lot of good D prospects in the second round.

Jack Glover, Brycen Martin, Alexis Vanier, Alex Peters, Marcus Pettersson, Aaron Irving, Aaron Haydon

I really like both Alexis Vanier and Aaron Irving.
agreed. like this kids game

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
05-14-2014, 03:09 PM
  #931
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Until I hear from anyone that Kamenev has the desire to play in NA, I'm not sold on him as a 1st rounder. He was drafted #3 overall in the KHL draft so they might try to keep him there. Of course they said similar things about Nikushin, but he actually was upfront about playing in NA.
while i dont agree with your concern about coming over, i will say i wouldnt be worried as kamenev wont go in round 1.

the only 2 russian kids going in round 1, imo, and both are playing major junior now. kemenev , were he here already, might join that group making it 3 but since hes back home, he goes 2nd maybe early 3rd round.

hes an impressive player that is mostly unknown outside of those weird draftnik types who watch alot of euro junior and khl hockey. kyle woodlief mentioned him awhile back i remember.

lots to like about a big 17 yr old pivot with wheels, hands, vision, shot and 2 way compete level.

potential 2nd round prize with 1st round skillset.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
05-14-2014, 05:45 PM
  #932
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
If we end up keeping our 2nd, I want Vlad Kamenev. There is the russian factor with him, but he has 1st round talent and will be in the KHL next year with Metallurg. If we get Kamenev in the later rounds, just like how Buchnevich fell, that would be ecstatic.

But I would hope to trade up for a 1st rounder.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
05-14-2014, 08:39 PM
  #933
Jacques Strap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
I'm hearing some good things about Warren Foegele. Besides stats, anybody have some good info on this guy? He might be a good 2nd early 3rd pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441117


Last edited by Jacques Strap: 05-14-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Jacques Strap is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 01:20 PM
  #934
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
I'm hearing some good things about Warren Foegele. Besides stats, anybody have some good info on this guy? He might be a good 2nd early 3rd pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441117
Early 3rd I would say

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 11:22 PM
  #935
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
I'm hearing some good things about Warren Foegele. Besides stats, anybody have some good info on this guy? He might be a good 2nd early 3rd pick.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441117
Speed and hands. Skating reminds me of JT Miller, he can move his feet and accelerate real quick. Just like I said about Shane Eiserman, he's committed to Gordie Clark's U of New Hampshire.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 11:33 PM
  #936
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,054
vCash: 500
Dougherty will probably be gone by our 2nd round pick. I want him.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 11:45 AM
  #937
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,041
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Until I hear from anyone that Kamenev has the desire to play in NA, I'm not sold on him as a 1st rounder. He was drafted #3 overall in the KHL draft so they might try to keep him there. Of course they said similar things about Nikushin, but he actually was upfront about playing in NA.
Agreed. I have no interest in Kamenev in the second. Maybe in the third, but we can't afford to use our second on a guy who may never come over.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 03:40 PM
  #938
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Agreed. I have no interest in Kamenev in the second. Maybe in the third, but we can't afford to use our second on a guy who may never come over.
Sold on him if he drops to the 3rd round, which is very likely.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 11:24 PM
  #939
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen anything of potential OA drafts Richard Nejezchleb or Chance Braid? Both play in the WHL.

__________________

Thank you boys
Raspewtin is online now  
Old
05-21-2014, 12:32 AM
  #940
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Has anyone seen anything of potential OA drafts Richard Nejezchleb or Chance Braid? Both play in the WHL.
The Czech player came over to NA last year and got hurt, but has played well this season leading his WHL club in goals. Got a big frame, just turned 20, attended Penguins rookie camp last September.

Braid's game is raw, but man can he throw'em. Attended Caps camp last September.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 08:00 AM
  #941
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,025
vCash: 500
What do you guys think of Edgars Kulda as a later round pick? He's in his 2nd year of eligibility, but the announcers for the Mem Cup game last night believed he would be drafted this year. I liked the way he played last night and thought he had a good game, but I don't know anything else about him. Well, other than his stats and that he's from Latvia, a veritable hockey hotbed of late

GAGLine is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 09:45 AM
  #942
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
What do you guys think of Edgars Kulda as a later round pick? He's in his 2nd year of eligibility, but the announcers for the Mem Cup game last night believed he would be drafted this year. I liked the way he played last night and thought he had a good game, but I don't know anything else about him. Well, other than his stats and that he's from Latvia, a veritable hockey hotbed of late
He came over from Latvia last year, took a year learning the style of play. Now he's outplaying some guys who were former high draft picks. the LW's skilled, but he plays a two way NA game, leading that memorial cup series with a +11. I could see him being one of the top 60 picked, 2nd rounder.

Here's a recent article, deals with some tragedy and gives you a feel on how the Oil Kings organization/fans have taken to him:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/pla...165756836.html

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 11:33 AM
  #943
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
He came over from Latvia last year, took a year learning the style of play. Now he's outplaying some guys who were former high draft picks. the LW's skilled, but he plays a two way NA game, leading that memorial cup series with a +11. I could see him being one of the top 60 picked, 2nd rounder.

Here's a recent article, deals with some tragedy and gives you a feel on how the Oil Kings organization/fans have taken to him:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/pla...165756836.html
Thanks Blue. 2nd round? I didn't get the impression that he would go that high, since he's ranked 145th among NA skaters. Has he been charging up the ranks over the last month and a half?

GAGLine is offline  
Old
05-21-2014, 11:45 AM
  #944
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Thanks Blue. 2nd round? I didn't get the impression that he would go that high, since he's ranked 145th among NA skaters. Has he been charging up the ranks over the last month and a half?
He's been one of the best two way players in all of the CHL playoffs, plus he's older which means some teams might think he's closer to making an NHL squad than some of the others listed ahead of him. Just a guess based off the buzz he's been getting.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-22-2014, 02:22 AM
  #945
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
I don't know about y'all, but I'm hoping we find a gem in this draft somewhere haha.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
05-22-2014, 11:19 AM
  #946
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,073
vCash: 500
do we seriously think about trading our first this year and package that pick with an asset and look to pry away a young impact centerman who can step into a top 6 role ?

is there a guy out there ready to play thats available ?

does that make sense ? i think it may.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
05-22-2014, 11:20 AM
  #947
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
do we seriously think about trading our first this year and package that pick with an asset and look to pry away a young impact centerman who can step into a top 6 role ?

is there a guy out there ready to play thats available ?

does that make sense ? i think it may.
we dont have a 1st in 2014 or 2015.

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
05-22-2014, 11:24 AM
  #948
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
we dont have a 1st in 2014 or 2015.

i meant our first pick not our first round pick.

my bad.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
05-22-2014, 11:39 AM
  #949
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
i meant our first pick not our first round pick.

my bad.
unless that young asset is hagelin/kreider/miller i dont know if adding a 2nd gets you a top 6 young C.

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
05-22-2014, 11:43 AM
  #950
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,002
vCash: 500
So, even though we are two games away from be in the Cup Finals, Derek Stepan still doesn't cut it for people as a #1 center.

jas is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.