HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky Sent Down to HFD

Old
03-18-2007, 10:53 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
People, please! Wasn't Dubi an emergency recall? If so, someone has to go down when you get people back. Shanny could be back Monday, most likely Wednesday. Playing Dubi 10 minutes a game is not developing a player. He had his cup of coffee, showed he could play here, needs to work on a few things. Relax. For all we know he could get recalled with the Straka injury. Emergency recalls can't stay forever unless the player they replaced is out for a long time.

Some of you need to be realistic and stop with these knee jerk reactions to every move. I love Dubi. I've been screaming like you for him to come up. He is better served by returning to Hartford and playing a ton of minutes there. He will be here permanently soon enough. Don't be in such a rush to rush a player when there isn't the need to rush the player.

Once the college and Jr players seasons come to a close I think you will see some permanent roster moves and it may or may not include Dubi. Srudwick being signed to a contract also had a bearing on it. They needed a roster space to sign him and Liffiton ad to play. Once that emergency is resolved I am sure Liffiton goes downa dn Dubi will most likely come back up. If ot him, someone else will be recalled.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 11:23 AM
natureboy*

[QUOTE=ATLANTARANGER;8550520]
Some of you need to be realistic and stop with these knee jerk reactions to every move. I love Dubi. I've been screaming like you for him to come up. He is better served by returning to Hartford and playing a ton of minutes there. He will be here permanently soon enough. Don't be in such a rush to rush a player when there isn't the need to rush the player.

How is it rushing a kid when he has shown he could play up here. Rushing a kid is what was done to blackburn. This organization is not good at finding or developing young players. The same was said about lundqvist last year, but weekes went down and they couldn't get another goalie so they were STUCK with henrik. Imagine if weekes didn't get hurt last year.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
DarthSather99

[QUOTE=natureboy;8550722]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post

How is it rushing a kid when he has shown he could play up here. Rushing a kid is what was done to blackburn. This organization is not good at finding or developing young players. The same was said about lundqvist last year, but weekes went down and they couldn't get another goalie so they were STUCK with henrik. Imagine if weekes didn't get hurt last year.
Dubi hasn't exactly dominated the AHL much like Callahan has this year. Dubi did some nice things with the Rangers but there is still alot he needs to develope. He will not be able to do that with the Rangers.

I think Ranger management has made alot of great calls over the last few years. They look long term as opposed to many fans that look at today.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 11:43 AM
philbo

[QUOTE=natureboy;8550722]
Quote:
Imagine if weekes didn't get hurt last year.
We'd be the flyers!

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 03:05 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I can't even defend Renney on this one. This is a farce. The kid does nothing but impress every time he hits the ice. And, he sits for any one of Orr, Hollweg and/or Ortmeyer. Just a friggin' joke.
That's about the size of it. Dubinsky showed that he belongs. What does Isbister bring that is so important? Hossa was allowed to play for a year and a half without doing anything meaningfull, but Dubinksy impresses with his game and is banished?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 03:08 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Shanny could be back Monday, most likely Wednesday. Playing Dubi 10 minutes a game is not developing a player. He had his cup of coffee, showed he could play here, needs to work on a few things.
So what that Shanny could be back? What does that have to do with Dubinsky? Seems to me that Isbister could be in Hartford or Orr not dressed. Playing Dubinsky 10-13 minutes per night between the 2nd & 3rd line would be good, not bad for his development. Yes, he has had his cup of coffee. But he has also showd that he belongs. Can you really come up with a reason that Isbister (who has not played badly, IMO) or Orr should be dressing instead of the kid? Both him and Callahan have showed that they belong.

Old
03-18-2007, 03:11 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That's about the size of it. Dubinsky showed that he belongs. What does Isbister bring that is so important? Hossa was allowed to play for a year and a half without doing anything meaningfull, but Dubinksy impresses with his game and is banished?
Banished! Come on, are you for real, that pretty strong words! Banished implies gone from the scene never to return. The kid showed he can play. He will be back. Dubinski showed he could play at this level. He still needs to refine some parts of his game. It was a valuable experience and showed the potential he has.

Old
03-18-2007, 03:18 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
So what that Shanny could be back? What does that have to do with Dubinsky? Seems to me that Isbister could be in Hartford or Orr not dressed. Playing Dubinsky 10-13 minutes per night between the 2nd & 3rd line would be good, not bad for his development. Yes, he has had his cup of coffee. But he has also showd that he belongs. Can you really come up with a reason that Isbister (who has not played badly, IMO) or Orr should be dressing instead of the kid? Both him and Callahan have showed that they belong.
I thought Callahan was a career 3rd or 4th liner? They are all close to being permanent additions. No one is arguing that. Isbister has one ingredient coaches favor, experience. It is a double edge sword, in that a young player can not gain experience if they do not play, but, at this time of the year coaches defer to experience. I don't necessarily agree, but that is what happens at this time of the year. If not, why did teams trade away assets for veterans at the trading deadline?

Problem is Dubi is not playing 15 minutes a game here. He's playing 5-10 and that IMO is not sufficient to warrant his staying. I'm thinking long term. If we make the playoffs, fine, if not fine. It is apparent for al to see that we do have prospects and that many are very close and many will make an impact on this team. The Ranger world will not crash and burn if Dubi and Callahan don't stay for the rest of the year.
They are all here because of injuries. Some on emergency recalls and those do not last forever. Eventually those players must be returned and then they can be recalled under normal recall procedures.

Old
03-18-2007, 03:35 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Banished! Come on, are you for real, that pretty strong words! Banished implies gone from the scene never to return. The kid showed he can play. He will be back. Dubinski showed he could play at this level. He still needs to refine some parts of his game. It was a valuable experience and showed the potential he has.
Banished implies being sent away. He showd that he can play. He showed that he belongs. Why is he not here? What can Isbister or Orr provide on a nightly basis that Dubinsky cannot?

Old
03-18-2007, 03:40 PM
True Blue

Quote:
I thought Callahan was a career 3rd or 4th liner?
So what if the thought is that Callahan is a future 3rd liner? What's the big deal? And what does that have to do with the conversation at hand?
Quote:
Isbister has one ingredient coaches favor, experience. It is a double edge sword, in that a young player can not gain experience if they do not play, but, at this time of the year coaches defer to experience.
Strudwick has experience also. That does not mean that he is anything but a 7th defenseman. I do not think that Isbister has played poorly, however, I would like to know that he brings to the table that Dubinsky does not?
Quote:
Problem is Dubi is not playing 15 minutes a game here. He's playing 5-10 and that IMO is not sufficient to warrant his staying.
5 minutes, no. 10-13 should be sufficient. At this time of year, Renney should be rolling 4 lines as players are tired. There is no reason to have players play onlyl 5 minutes per night. Especially if they have shown themselves to be effective.
Quote:
They are all here because of injuries.
Yes, they are here becuase of injuries, but once they have arrived here and have shown themselves to be effective, why not stay here?

Old
03-18-2007, 04:24 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Dubinsky isn't in the line-up today for HFD

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1003123

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Fletch

Darth...

Dubi wasn't lighting it up in HFD, although he was playing better than Isbister and the Rangers probably could've used a centerman (with Straka playing wing) more than a winger like Isbister. I still don't understand the affinity towards Isbister.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Dubi hasn't exactly dominated the AHL much like Callahan has this year. Dubi did some nice things with the Rangers but there is still alot he needs to develope. He will not be able to do that with the Rangers.
I really can't agree with that...players develop in the NHL all the time. He showed he could make some good offensive plays, good defensive plays, play well without the puck...basically everything you want to see a young player do. He didn't score, but he came damn close.

Sure he could develop some more in the AHL, but he looked like he'd also do just fine developing in the NHL with some good wingers.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 06:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Dubinsky Stays in New York

Center Brandon Dubinsky was scheduled to rejoin the Pack but stayed with the Rangers after Martin Straka injured his knee in a 7-0 victory over Boston Saturday night. The Rangers host Pittsburgh tonight
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dubinsky Stays in New York

Center Brandon Dubinsky was scheduled to rejoin the Pack but stayed with the Rangers after Martin Straka injured his knee in a 7-0 victory over Boston Saturday night. The Rangers host Pittsburgh tonight
I guess he wasn't banished after all.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Czecher

Straka did not return to action in this game. If he is unable to play Monday night, Brandon Dubinsky is still with the team, ready to step in as an emergency recall (his re-assignment to Hartford yesterday, a paper transaction, maintained his status as an emergency recall).

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

Relax, everyone!

Czecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 07:02 PM
BwayBshirt

overreation on the rangers' forum? ever? i'm shocked!

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote