HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

pleks haters be like...wut? The Montreal ComicSans win!

Old
05-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The bold is false narrative considering that many of the people who like Plekanec ADMITTED that he's a bad series thus far.

Also, I have a hard time believing that Canadiens made this far with DD and Plekanec disappearing while Briere has the smallest role possible. You don't make it this far with one functioning centre.
Plecks is struggling no doubt about it.
We may need to give him a Moen Gio or Bourque Gio setup he can find a comfort level with
The biggest issue in my mind is the play of TV.
His inability to play on the big line is killing us.
I would love to see Gallagher with Eller they would expose some live wires in short order.
Our right side is one huge cluster ****...
On the positive side we can't be much worse on Sunday.
Rangers may have to bring back Brassard before he's ready.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 07:03 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Figuring him out by not beating him cleanly once in game 2?
I would love for Toks to Carey-style punch Kreider out of his crease.

Anyway, Rangers in with the bruins-esque "book is out on" comments.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Plecks is struggling no doubt about it.
We may need to give him a Moen Gio or Bourque Gio setup he can find a comfort level with
The biggest issue in my mind is the play of TV.
His inability to play on the big line is killing us.
I would love to see Gallagher with Eller they would expose some live wires in short order.
Our right side is one huge cluster ****...
On the positive side we can't be much worse on Sunday.
Rangers may have to bring back Brassard before he's ready.
People argued that Vanek would be a bad fit on Plek's wing before he even played his first game here because he was never used that way. He usually got used like MaxPac and DD, an exploitation line, the one getting the bulk of offensive opportunities.

That's why many didn't like the way Therrien used our guys this year. We should have been trying to build a strong first line, one that we don't have to match all the time for it to get results. One that can still do very well vs the toughest match ups.
What's done is done, but I don't think you should expect Vanek to turn it up if he keeps being used the way he has.

Next year, we better change things up though. I will be seriously pissed off if we start the year with DD again being used as our #1 guy with Patches on his wing, with Galchenyuk on the wing again, with Eller as a 3rd line center with no PP time.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
People argued that Vanek would be a bad fit on Plek's wing before he even played his first game here because he was never used that way. He usually got used like MaxPac and DD, an exploitation line, the one getting the bulk of offensive opportunities.

That's why many didn't like the way Therrien used our guys this year. We should have been trying to build a strong first line, one that we don't have to match all the time for it to get results. One that can still do very well vs the toughest match ups.
What's done is done, but I don't think you should expect Vanek to turn it up if he keeps being used the way he has.

Next year, we better change things up though. I will be seriously pissed off if we start the year with DD again being used as our #1 guy with Patches on his wing, with Galchenyuk on the wing again, with Eller as a 3rd line center with no PP time.
Well we have a multi million dollar 4th line as a consolation.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 08:05 PM
habtastic

Honestly at this point in our timeline, barring acquiring a #1C, I have no problem continuing DD and Patch. (Minutes spread is a different issue.) I think DD has shown he can be there in the playoffs, in fact I really like what I've been seeing from him in terms of lower body strength, vision and skating (LOL all you want but IMO he's been very good.)

All that I ask is that If Chucky is not C (he has to fill out before this happens -- so much more bulk to gain, which is a good thing), pleeeease use Eller and him together. That should be an offensive line with a good two way center.

Pleks can be used as pure shutdown but depends who is still here (Gio). I don't like Pleks with chucky right now cuz for some reason pleks of the past played amazingly with skilled players. Now, he has been moulded by gionta's containment mandate. No flair, just dump it and make the line change.

Gallagher is due (deserves) for a goal soon. Looking forward to a nice second attempt whack in from in close.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

NHL announces 10 game suspension for Carcillo.

What an idiot
I never liked Dreger either...

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Taupy

Let's try keeping that guy away from the crease.

http://gfycat.com/FoolishWeeGonolek

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 09:01 PM
CoachBrisebois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Poke Subban View Post
too lazy to do it myself but that should read:

PRICE
TOKARSK

CoachBrisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Tokarski's rebound control is still spotty, but he made a lot of saves when it counted, including two against Marty St. Louis.

Pacioretty played well.

Emelin-Gorges is awful and likely should never be utilized ever again.

Rangers' speed really is giving us fits.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 09:45 PM
greyboy67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOllini View Post
Got bored at work

Nice work. But I sure am glad you don't work for me!

greyboy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 09:57 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Not sure what series you watched, but Plekanec and friends bottled up the Krejci line and in game 6 and 7, the Bergeron line couldn't contain the Desharnais line any more.
Actually it was your whipping boy eller who always had Krejci detail and Pleks was always taking Bergeron. I can not stand the way pleks plays. All his fan biys that said he made a great play? He shot the puck at the net, the exact same thing he does every single shift regardless of wingers or dmen being open, soft perimeter player that is no longer a playmaker and fancies himself as a sniper. Very irritating to watch Berezin 2.0 Product of Kovalev and Kost sniping to get him all those points that one year. Anyone saying remember Tomas Jagr, well at one time we thought Kost was going to be a 40 goal scorer, sometimes players don't live up to their potential.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
Disappearing do you even watch games?
The guy is played and paid to put up points. He's been putting up very little these playoffs. Ok, he's playing well defensively, but he's not played as a defensive centre. He's given all the offensive opportunities possible, from zone starts, to matchups to PP time. He has disappeared in the aspect of the game that the coaching staff is trying to exploit from him.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 10:43 PM
LastRide

I am surprised Plek's hasn't chipped in ofensively as much as he is capable of. He did play well defensively. We need this guy to donate more than he has. He has a great shot that could thread a needle, but rarely uses it anymore.

Gio is another one that completely disappeared offensively. He used to be one of our go to guys. He couldn't hit the side of a barn now. His shot turned into Gomers 5 mph shots.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 11:14 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

My version...

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2014, 11:49 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy View Post
Let's try keeping that guy away from the crease.

http://gfycat.com/FoolishWeeGonolek
This is the guy Prust should have been suspended for.

Punk ass still running goalies and the refs let him.

Accident prone, I guess.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Man.. if the Habs win Game 4, I believe we will win the series. Teams that blow 2-0 lead in a series end up losing at least 80% of the time, just my guess.

Just look at 2011 Habs. Odd but this is my hope.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2014, 01:56 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Poke Subban View Post
Man.. if the Habs win Game 4, I believe we will win the series. Teams that blow 2-0 lead in a series end up losing at least 80% of the time, just my guess.

Just look at 2011 Habs. Odd but this is my hope.
Chicago and LA both came back from 2-0 series deficits this year, but none of them had home ice advantage to begin with.

Let's not kid ourselves. The habs chances are unlikely at best with tokarski. But it would make for a helluva story if they somehow advanced into the finals.

That would be really embarassing for NYR. Put yourself in their shoes. If it was lundqvist out, we would have no excuse for losing to the rags.... It would be unacceptable given how high the stakes are.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote