HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we Continue to Ride The Hot Lundqvist?

Old
03-18-2007, 08:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Like it's been said many times: there's no real choice.

03-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Nich

put a saddle on his back, he plays the rest of our games this season

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 10:56 AM
TheRedressor

I would try and give Valley a start against the Flyers either Wensday or next Saturday.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:10 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
I would try and give Valley a start against the Flyers either Wensday or next Saturday.
From Sam:

Quote:
Donít count on a break for Henrik Lundqvist anytime soon. I originally thought we might see Stephen Valiquette Saturday against the Bruins, but Renney said his inclination is to ride Lundqvist as long as the goalie is willing. And Lundqvist said he has no interest in taking a seat.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 07:21 PM
dank

as long as he doesnt have chronic migraines and play too much, i say resting him may be counter-productive.. he needs to stay sharp..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 03:16 PM
broadwayblue

Any chance Henrik gets the night off tonight vs. the Isles. I know we need to win the game to clinch, and keep our #6 spot. But, he could probably use a break. And does anyone think the Isles might be interested in roughing him up a bit considering how they like to blame DP's injury on us? If the Isles are going with an AHL goalie who's name I can't spell, might we consider giving Weekes a start?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 03:26 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Any chance Henrik gets the night off tonight vs. the Isles. I know we need to win the game to clinch, and keep our #6 spot. But, he could probably use a break. And does anyone think the Isles might be interested in roughing him up a bit considering how they like to blame DP's injury on us? If the Isles are going with an AHL goalie who's name I can't spell, might we consider giving Weekes a start?
there's not a shred of doubt in my head right now that we go with the King tonight against the Islanders.

The Islanders are going to be sharp, ornery and looking to keep their season afloat any other tender we have right now would not provide us an opportunity to clinch tonight like we have now.

Get in and sit the King until the PO's start

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 04:01 PM
dank

Plus I think we still have Valley on the bench, no Weekes, just for reference.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 04:32 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
there's not a shred of doubt in my head right now that we go with the King tonight against the Islanders.

The Islanders are going to be sharp, ornery and looking to keep their season afloat any other tender we have right now would not provide us an opportunity to clinch tonight like we have now.

Get in and sit the King until the PO's start
If we clinch tonight, I think it's a bad idea to give Lundqvist a day off against Montreal or Pittsburgh. The #6 seed should be a huge goal for us, as it would allow us to play ATL rather than BUF, NJ, or PIT in the first round. And that gives us a real good chance to advance.

After the PIT game on Saturday night, Hank will have 3 days to rest up. More than enough for him, and it's better to keep him sharp.

As the late, great Hunter S. Thompson said, "We'd be fools not to ride this strange torpedo to the end."

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Forever Blue

I definitely wouldn't give Henrik off tonight. We need to secure that 6th seed. Besides, he's had some time off recently. He's played about 2 1/2 games in the last 7 days. Not a heavy workload, especially at this time of year for a franchise goalie.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote