HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars president 'sick' of Predators' overall attitude

Old
03-19-2007, 09:15 AM
PredsMan

vCash: 500
Stars president 'sick' of Predators' overall attitude

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2804125

more Pred bashing.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 09:20 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Where's the whaaambulance?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Fraserburn

Send a message via MSN to Fraserburn
I cant fault the fans for booing him after the comments he made, but the organization probably should have said something over the PA, but again usually the Marketing Dept's from the individual teams get together for something like that.

The Dallas Marketing department should have had a rep going along with the team on away games to prepare for a situation like this. I gotta believe the Nashville organization wouldnt deny a request like that from a fellow organization

Fraserburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm glad they snubbed Modano.....Yes, I said it......I'm glad they did it. The guy is an idiot, and personally, I will never root for the guy. If he can publicly infer/say that he wants my team contracted, well.....I can publicly boo you every single time you step on the ice.

----------

That said, can anyone that was at the game tell us what happened? I'm sure they announced it was his 503 goal on the video screen. Honestly though, what does the guy expect? The red carpet to fall out and for us to drape a flag across his back? He just one hand chopped our player, scored on the ensuing PP, and it was a tight/playoff game atmosphere. Go cry over something else Lites. If you wanted something done for Modano, why didn't you try and coordinate it yourself with the Predators?

03-19-2007, 09:40 AM
False Witness

A little off topic here but what exactly did Modano say to feel the wrath of the Nashville faithful?

False Witness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Jarnberg

Boohoo.

Its not like they posted the record on the jumbotron and everyone went "@%@# that!" and started booing.

As for his little cheap shot comments, give me a break. Did they give Cliff Ronning a standing ovation for scoring the first goal in the American Airlines Center? I know the "records" aren't even comparable, but if the guy is going to nitpick...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 09:52 AM
RegalRangers

Hey I read about what the Stars President said and I was thinking... Did the stars just magically expect Nashville to be aware of Modano's milestone? It sounds to me like Dallas never even mentioned that Modano might break a record and then they got mad when he did and nothing happened on the jumbotron.

I doubt the Preds were approached about it by the stars beforehand and then just didn't do anything when it happened.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 10:00 AM
PredsMan

during the broadcast of the game, Pete mentioned that the Stars had contacted the Preds prior to the game, and asked for the netting off the goal, if he scored #503 during the game.

Old
03-19-2007, 10:35 AM
AdsSabresRule

Wow - that stings!

"I understand it's a competitive situation, but we're also working together to sell the game," Lites told the paper. "They get more money from revenue sharing than any team in the league, they voted against the new schedule because they wanted to have an easier schedule for themselves. They take and take and take and take and never give back, and I'm sick of it."

A comment like that by another organization about YOUR organization HAS to get a rebuttal/reply/retort from the Preds management - has to. Wow!

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsSabresRule View Post
"I understand it's a competitive situation, but we're also working together to sell the game," Lites told the paper. "They get more money from revenue sharing than any team in the league, they voted against the new schedule because they wanted to have an easier schedule for themselves. They take and take and take and take and never give back, and I'm sick of it."

A comment like that by another organization about YOUR organization HAS to get a rebuttal/reply/retort from the Preds management - has to. Wow!
Keep in mind there's a very strong chance these teams will meet in the playoffs.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 10:42 AM
AdsSabresRule

That will be some kind of war, huh?

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
That will be some kind of war, huh?
Seems like it now, this apparent feud has just been taken to a whole different level.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 10:55 AM
PredsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz View Post
Seems like it now, this apparent feud has just been taken to a whole different level.
And to think, all this has gone on with Hartnell out of the line-up.

I'm sure Hartnell & Turco would like to renew their hostilities, given the chance. =)

Old
03-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Olaf

Quote:

Somebody tell me if I am wrong.....but wasn't Lites on the Board of Governers with the NHL expansion committee that voted to bring Nashville into the league?
And what in the hell are the Preds supposed to do about the schedule? Vote to make it tougher? Did Leipold get the only vote on revenue sharing?...Sounds like his panties got in a bunch because the Preds did not have the game delayed while they celebrate Modano's goal. I mean how could we not cheer him after he smacked Tootoo across the back with his stick and had made previous inflammatory comments about the franchise
?

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Guys, I don't want to see any inflammatory remarks made about either fanbase. IF I see either, I'm going to tag you with some points.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 12:15 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I, personally, had no idea Modano had netted his 503rd goal as I'm sure the Paul McCann likely didn't either. I was simply booing Modano because of his stick across the back to tootoo and because of his past comments about us.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 12:21 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
HI there OILER/NUCK fan here

as for all the *****ing and complaining by star management and fans

IT AINT THE NASHVILLE PREDITORS JOB TO PROMOTE DALLAS STARS.

Why are the Dallas chocked about?

When Gretz and co were breaking record left right and center in the 80's-not may teams stopped to announce every record

It is not the peds job to make other teams welcomed in the arena

Dallas is just over reacting and thinking that when they are the visiters teams have be so nice to them....

Screw DAllas and what they "think" NAshville should have done. And the end of the day it is a small thing and they are blowing it out of porportion

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm glad they snubbed Modano.....Yes, I said it......I'm glad they did it. The guy is an idiot, and personally, I will never root for the guy.
And you wonder why most real hockey fans want the Preds gone from the NHL.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 12:47 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
And just what are you trying to contribute to this conversation?

Thank you, drive through....

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 12:49 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
And just what are you trying to contribute to this conversation?

Thank you, drive through....
Just saying why wouldn't a NHL team do something for one of the best in the game? And then people on here agree with their apathy. Modano is a class act, stud. He's been around forever and he's a yank to boot.

No offence, but most Nash fans don't know squat about the game and it's a shame he had to score in Nashville when most other cities would honor this guy.

Old
03-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Just saying why wouldn't a NHL team do something for one of the best in the game? And then people on here agree with their apathy. Modano is a class act, stud. He's been around forever and he's a yank to boot.

No offence, but most Nash fans don't know squat about the game and it's a shame he had to score in Nashville when most other cities would honor this guy.
Honest to god w t f SHOULD we honor HIM after the classless comments he made about Nashville during the lockout? ... need a link to believe ... http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/cba...ntraction.html

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
And why is that? Because we do not like guys taking a one-handed swing at our player's back and saying that our team should be contracted.........

Give me a break.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bishop12
Ovyously

ha I didn't even know he said that..hahah

**** him then...I have to agree now. Mind you, I do agree with Modano's comments, but Nash should give him the finger before they honour him.

My apologizes then.

Old
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
Honest to god w t f SHOULD we honor HIM after the classless comments he made about Nashville during the lockout? ... need a link to believe ... http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/cba...ntraction.html

On the nose

Respect is a two way street

The preds and their fans no longer should "be lucky to be in the NHL" as some people's attitude suggest--they are in the league and they have some good fans and should not longer be told to stand in AWE of other teams and other players..

MOdano's comments last year was and is still a kick to the groin for the pred and their fans--why should they stop the game to announce it or make an announcement at all

Stars are blowing things out of porportion

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 01:01 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
No offence, but most Nash fans don't know squat about the game.
Do you have any proof of this or are you just assuming we're all rednecks who go to a game to watch fights? We've never heard that one before. I think if you'd ever come to this board (aside from this one time to troll) that you'd realize Nashville fans are just as knowledgeable as any other team's fans.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote