HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 18/03/07, SJ Sharks at Colorado Avalanche (6.PM MT)

Old
03-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Belgican

vCash: 500
Wow what a game !

I had the chance to see it live here in Belgium, the game finished around 3:30 am, I was tired but as long as the game went on, I rally woke up, couldn't sleep before 5 am for sure !

What I liked about that game, and it was the same thing for the FSN commentators, was the ability from the Avs to put tremendous pressure on the Sharks just after they got goals scored against them, that team wouldn't quit !

I also thought we wouldn't get a better opportunity to tie the game that the 5 on 3, but the Avs resilience gave them that Brunette tying goal, and what a move from the Duke after that lazer pass from Sakic, sweet

Belgican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Roman Tanner

The cynic in me feels like we're getting set up for a tremendous let-down.

How much longer can the Avs play lights out?

It's close enough now where you're almost unrealistic if you don't consider playoffs a possibility.

But it's precisely this shift in mentality that's going to kill me if they drop the ball now...

This is all still very much in the Flames hands. It they play like a middle of the pack NHL quality team, they'll finish around 500 and make the playoffs with a slight cushion.

I mean, how much worse can Calgary get at this point?

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Tanner View Post
The cynic in me feels like we're getting set up for a tremendous let-down.

How much longer can the Avs play lights out?

It's close enough now where you're almost unrealistic if you don't consider playoffs a possibility.

But it's precisely this shift in mentality that's going to kill me if they drop the ball now...

This is all still very much in the Flames hands. It they play like a middle of the pack NHL quality team, they'll finish around 500 and make the playoffs with a slight cushion.

I mean, how much worse can Calgary get at this point?
True. But I am enjoying the run, and "dream a little.."
I think Red wings and Pred are beatable for the Flames, those two teams are good, but they had their days ( 4-1 loss to Vancouver over the weekend).
If Flames play with confidence, they can pad their lead. On the road, however... Flames are different story. I guess we will be hoping for Wild to take care of Flames next week, provided we can beat the Canucks.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Belgian Fan

Just watched the tape (unlike Belgican I didn't stay up to watch it).

Awesome game. The Avs are playing so hard right now, everyone is working their butts off. Well deserved victory.

Wolski making defensive plays, Stats being his usual all round self, Duke playing an awesome game.. and of course super Joe.

Belgian Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgican View Post
Wow what a game !

I had the chance to see it live here in Belgium, the game finished around 3:30 am, I was tired but as long as the game went on, I rally woke up, couldn't sleep before 5 am for sure !

How did you get to see it?

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Belgican

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
How did you get to see it?
NASN

Belgican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Sinistrophobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
The Sharks board is going crazy about the hit. They're asking how much the Avs paid off the refs to blow the game. One poster even asked if the Avs paid the NHL off so that we could be anointed as "the one" for a magical run into the playoffs and the refs would call all the games in our favor
A lot of it is Cyclops. As you experienced yesterday, Westcoast is also a large part of it.

While I don't agree with the call on Cheechoo and think that the officiating favored the Avs, they fully earned this win.

Congrats.

Sinistrophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 06:21 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgican View Post
NASN
aah okay. cool!

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Requin
Lurkedylurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Apparently it doesn't, because Wolski (who was about to pick up the pick and clear the zone) was completely interfered with and taken out of the play on the Guerin goal. I don't think they showed it on TV, but both he and SAKIC (who rarely complains) spoke to the refs before the ensuing faceoff.
Oh yeah, that was a pretty bad one from what I hear. The radio dudes on our end were saying "Boy, the Sharks got away with one there."

Please keep in mind that WestCoast doesn't represent all Sharks fans, and that we have every right to complain (within reason) about the bad calls that don't go our way.

Requin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 06:43 PM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requin View Post
Oh yeah, that was a pretty bad one from what I hear. The radio dudes on our end were saying "Boy, the Sharks got away with one there."

Please keep in mind that WestCoast doesn't represent all Sharks fans, and that we have every right to complain (within reason) about the bad calls that don't go our way.
Yeah we know...we Avs fans have certain die-hards that don't necessarily represent the general mentality of the rest of us...every team has the fans that they'd prefer to be locked in a closet

All of that aside, I think both teams can appreciate the effort given by both teams, it truly was an awesome game to watch, truly a playoff atmosphere last night at the Can.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 07:10 PM
SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requin View Post

Yes, it wouldn't be normal to never complain, but usually things do even out.

I never heard the Avs' radio guys, but I watched the game tape after I got home last night, and the Avs' TV guys didn't say anything about the play, at all. They rarely point out referee errors, pro Avs or otherwise.

The icing that was waved off right before the Avs' third goal didn't warrant much of an explanation/excuse, either. Just "icing waved off" because the puck came off the boards funny and one of the Avs touched it. But I don't think he did ... I think it was waved off earlier, when a pass was missed by its intended recipient, which brings the subjectivity of the referees into play.

SB is offline   Reply With Quote