HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Belanger or Vishnevski? Who would you take?

Old
03-19-2007, 03:15 PM
PredDave

vCash: 500
Belanger or Vishnevski? Who would you take?

Which player would you rather have right now and for the playoffs? Should Poile have held onto Belanger?

For the short term, it seems like Belanger would be more helpful to us (due to our injury situation). And especially, since Trotz keeps scratching V2. I guess the big question is: would you rather be playing Peverley or Belanger?

For the playoff run, an extra physical d-man should come in handy for sure. Just look at how Buffalo became decimated with d-men injuries in last year's playoffs....

What do you think?

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 03:27 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I'd like to have both...heh.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Jarnberg

Its hard to tell since we keep scratching Vish.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 08:09 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Obviously it seems like Belanger is the better choice, but Trotz doesnt' seem to be all that interested in giving Vishnevski a fair shake. For whatever reason, he seems to have zero confidence in him, whatsoever.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
thrashers=cup05

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Obviously it seems like Belanger is the better choice, but Trotz doesnt' seem to be all that interested in giving Vishnevski a fair shake. For whatever reason, he seems to have zero confidence in him, whatsoever.
Vish is a great hitter, the only problem is that he get out of position to make big hits. He plays good defense and is willing to step infront of alot of pucks. He is kind of slow though, but not too bad. He was one of my favorite players when he was here, why couldn't you have taken DeVries, oh yeah he sucks. Well hope he gets some time and plays well for you. See ya in the finals.

thrashers=cup05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Hazeltherabbit

I noticed something interesting at practice the other day (thursday). Vishnevski was the last one on the ice. He stayed for a good 45 + minutes or so by himself, just doing endurance drills and working on his foot work. He also spent a lot of time stretching I guess as a cool down. It also made me wonder if he is not in the shape that Trotz wants him to be in. His scouting report does say something about him getting worn down more than other players at the end of a season. I think that is why Trotz has no confidence in him. He very well could not be in the physical shape he needs to be in. Just some thought fodder for ya.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote