HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kozak

Old
03-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Kozak

He's one of the young'ns you don't hear too much about. What's the story on Kozak? Has he shown enough to make anyone think he could be even a fringe NHL'er?

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Nich

nope

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 12:32 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kozak suffered a concussion down in Charlotte and is currently on IR

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Nich

and he sucks

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 12:36 PM
nuckfan insk

he was a huge piece of the raiders playoff run in 04/05 and had great chemistry with byers.
he had injury problems last year too. hopfully he can getthings going

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 12:50 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers did send Kozak to the Memphis-Central Hockey League in December.The Memphis team is coached by Kevin McClelland who was one on Glen Sather's boys in Edmonton.Maybe the Rangers wanted McClelland to work and talk with Kozak.McClelland was a tough nasty SOB when he played in the NHL

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 02:55 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I'd love for him to develop enough to be a 4th liner. Not much hope for that, even, though.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 10:37 PM
bmoak

Kozak's upside is that of enforcer that can play a little. I doubt he ever makes the NHL, though.

Last year, he broke his hand in a fight and only played 31 games. Thus season, he got off to a slow start and was loaned to Memphis (CHL). There, he caught fire with 14 goals in 18 games and returned to Charlotte, only to suffer a concussion his first game back. He's only just started playing this weekend.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 11:40 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Kozak's upside is that of enforcer that can play a little. I doubt he ever makes the NHL, though.

Last year, he broke his hand in a fight and only played 31 games. Thus season, he got off to a slow start and was loaned to Memphis (CHL). There, he caught fire with 14 goals in 18 games and returned to Charlotte, only to suffer a concussion his first game back. He's only just started playing this weekend.
Ditto. The few times I've watched him in person he seemed disinterested.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Edge

There are two Rick Kozak's.

The player he is capable of being and the player he has been since being drafted.

If Kozak put the pieces together he's EXACTLY what you want as an enforcer and exactly the type of player that people want instead of Colton Orr.

Unfortunatly he's never come close to consistently being that player and the clock is ticking away.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

McClelland was an ornery *******...I though that he at one point set a penalty minute record in the IHL. Pretty sure it was him. i think he was chasing Kevin Evans record of 600 something minutes.

On Kozak, I remember seeing him last season on a show MSG ran before the pre-season. He was working out with Jessiman, and they were saying the two of them were in the best shape out of everyone in camp....the future looked bright...they both provide that element of toughness, but also can score goals...and then they vanished into the Abyss!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:44 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
McClelland was an ornery *******...I though that he at one point set a penalty minute record in the IHL. Pretty sure it was him. i think he was chasing Kevin Evans record of 600 something minutes.

On Kozak, I remember seeing him last season on a show MSG ran before the pre-season. He was working out with Jessiman, and they were saying the two of them were in the best shape out of everyone in camp....the future looked bright...they both provide that element of toughness, but also can score goals...and then they vanished into the Abyss!
maybe they were trying to raise their trade value. I remember they had alot of clips about Josef Balej, about him being the future of the rangers, and then he was dealt for the wrong Fedorov

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:45 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post

As have so many prospects before them

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
maybe they were trying to raise their trade value. I remember they had alot of clips about Josef Balej, about him being the future of the rangers, and then he was dealt for the wrong Fedorov
...because he looked good but wasn't a producer. Neither Balej nor FedFed acheived anything in the NHL (though poor Balej had his horrid injury, he was still establishing himself firmly as a great AHL'er), so with hindsight, that trade was a wash.

Getting back on topic: it's a pity about Kozak, but i guess more prospects burn than make it.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote