HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oscar Lindberg

Old
05-27-2014, 05:26 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStian View Post
I say we play him if Stepan can't go. The only thing that matters to me is that this is a Swedish guy with a twin brother, which is something that has worked out well for us in the past
Lindberg has a twin?

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:29 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jakob Silfverberg made his NHL debut in the playoffs against the Rangers in 2012. Lindberg was a top playoff performer for his team in Sweden in 2012-13. The Rangers brought Lindberg on the trip for a reason.
Do members of taxi squad generally travel with the team?

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:38 AM
KingStian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Lindberg has a twin?
Yes, according to eliteprospects.com he does. Johan Lindberg, who plays in the lower divisions in Sweden.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10711

KingStian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 09:01 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyRevolutions View Post
It could go a few different ways. I hope that Vigneault learned his lesson and won't put Moore on the first line. I'd rather see something like…

Kreider - Brassard - Nash
Hags - Richards - MSL
Pouliot - Moore - Zuccs
Lindberg/Fast - Boyle - Dorsett
I'd rather see Lindberg between Kreider and Nash, if he's the guy playing. This way, you have 3 lines of established chemistry that we know what to expect from. Your suggestion really rolls the dice on 3 lines. Why do that when you can limit the gambling to one line?

Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-St Louis
Krieder-Lindberg-Nash
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I'd rather see Lindberg between Kreider and Nash, if he's the guy playing. This way, you have 3 lines of established chemistry that we know what to expect from. Your suggestion really rolls the dice on 3 lines. Why do that when you can limit the gambling to one line?

Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-St Louis
Krieder-Lindberg-Nash
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Might be a lot to ask from Lindberg in his first NHL game.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Might be a lot to ask from Lindberg in his first NHL game.
I don't really care if it's asking a lot from him. The point of putting him in that spot is to leave the other lines alone. There would be nothing stopping AV from making an in-game adjustment if he feels like Lindberg is overwhelmed to the point of actually being a detriment to the team, which I somehow doubt would be the case.

Old
05-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I don't really care if it's asking a lot from him. The point of putting him in that spot is to leave the other lines alone. There would be nothing stopping AV from making an in-game adjustment if he feels like Lindberg is overwhelmed to the point of actually being a detriment to the team, which I somehow doubt would be the case.
I'd rather put Moore in that spot, to be honest. The Kreider and Nash line is going to draw a tough assignment in terms of matchups. I think its quite unfair to Lindberg to put him in that spot, in his first NHL game, with a chance to go to the Stanley Cup finals.

In a game with such high stakes, by the time AV determines of Lindberg is overwhelmed, it might be too late.

Old
05-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I'd rather put Moore in that spot, to be honest. The Kreider and Nash line is going to draw a tough assignment in terms of matchups. I think its quite unfair to Lindberg to put him in that spot, in his first NHL game, with a chance to go to the Stanley Cup finals.

In a game with such high stakes, by the time AV determines of Lindberg is overwhelmed, it might be too late.
Moore isn't capable of playing with those players and it actually hurt the team last game, in my mind. He doesn't think the game anywhere near fast enough. I'd rather keep Moore in that spot than move Brassard off his line, though.

Lindberg would be playing off of pure adrenaline. Less chance of him being overwhelmed in that state anyway.

Old
05-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Moore isn't capable of playing with those players and it actually hurt the team last game, in my mind. He doesn't think the game anywhere near fast enough. I'd rather keep Moore in that spot than move Brassard off his line, though.

Lindberg would be playing off of pure adrenaline. Less chance of him being overwhelmed in that state anyway.
Agree to disagree.

This is a chance to go to the Stanley Cup finals - its not a Tuesday night game in December.

I'd rather give bigger minutes and a tougher assignment to the seasoned, safer choice than an unknown wildcard.

Old
05-27-2014, 09:44 AM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

Quote:
It could go a few different ways. I hope that Vigneault learned his lesson and won't put Moore on the first line. I'd rather see something like…

Hags - Richards - MSL
Pouliot - Moore - Zuccs

Could even switch Boyle and (if he's in) Lindberg if you'd like, though I don't know if I'd throw him in the C role right away. I figure Zuccs is a good enough playmaker that he and Pouliot could do just fine with Moore. Nash and Kreider create the space and are capable of scoring. Brass can feed them the puck or shoot himself (which I wish he'd do more of). The off-wing situation is definitely not helpful.

I haven't seen Lindberg play this year. How is he with physicality and play on the boards? That could be a deciding factor, in my opinion, as to whether or not he gets the nod.

I just didn't think Moore clicked with Kreider and Nash at all last game. He looked out of place with top 6 minutes, and the only other option we have is Brassard unless you attempt to distribute minutes uniformly.
If I were AV, I would make every possible attempt to not break up the most consistant line we've had all year long.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 09:46 AM
eco's bones

If Lindberg plays I doubt he gets very many minutes. 1st NHL game and it's the conference finals and he hasn't played in well over a month--that would be a lot for anybody.

I think the Rangers will go back to Fast. They know more about him at the NHL level--and he actually has played 3 playoff games for us. It wouldn't be as much of a reach for him.

Reasons why Lindberg--he's bigger and stronger than Fast. He can play center and is pretty decent on face-offs. He also has performed well in playoffs back in Sweden and has played in the world championships. Fast usually plays the right wing--the Rangers would rather a center/left wing.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
If I were AV, I would make every possible attempt to not break up the most consistant line we've had all year long.
I'd keep together

Pouliot - Brassard - Zucc

and

Hagelin - Richards - MSL

If Stepan is able to play tonight, wonderful. If not, I don't envy AV's decision between Moore and Lindberg.

Old
05-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I'd be more comfortable with Lindberg in that role than I would have been with Miller there, but I still think Moore is the best option. The strength of this team is it's depth of scoring, so if Moore sets that line back a bit, we should still have two other lines who are fully capable of picking up the slack.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd be more comfortable with Lindberg in that role than I would have been with Miller there, but I still think Moore is the best option. The strength of this team is it's depth of scoring, so if Moore sets that line back a bit, we should still have two other lines who are fully capable of picking up the slack.
Agreed. I know its very likely Moore wont be able to contribute much offensively. Its the other side of the puck Im worried about, and I don't know enough about Lindberg to trust him in that kind of situation.

Old
05-27-2014, 10:27 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Do members of taxi squad generally travel with the team?
The Black Aces skate by themselves in Westchester. Too many players around is a nuisance. There aren't enough locker stalls for all of those players. The equipment guys have a hard enough job with 20 or so players. When the Rangers need a player, then they have that player skate with the Rangers.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 10:32 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
Consistency is overrated sometimes. You can't be putting a 4th line center against another team's top defenders. You could see last game how overmatched Moore was. Moore actually was pretty decent when playing with Pouliot and Zucc.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Stepan is taking line rushes with Kreider and Nash this morning, so playing either Moore or Lindberg with those guys might be a moot point, thank goodness.

Old
05-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Agree to disagree.

This is a chance to go to the Stanley Cup finals - its not a Tuesday night game in December.

I'd rather give bigger minutes and a tougher assignment to the seasoned, safer choice than an unknown wildcard.
See there's the difference. I don't consider destroying the offensive effectiveness of Kreider and Nash to be the safer choice.

Agree to disagree indeed.

If Stepan is indeed back, so much the better.

Old
05-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
See there's the difference. I don't consider destroying the offensive effectiveness of Kreider and Nash to be the safer choice.

Agree to disagree indeed.

If Stepan is indeed back, so much the better.
That implies that Lindberg can handle being an offensive catalyst, in his first NHL game, in an attempt to clinch a spot in the finals. I just think you're taking a huge leap.

Old
05-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

Hags - Richards - MSL
Pouliot - Moore - Zuccs

Could even switch Boyle and (if he's in) Lindberg if you'd like, though I don't know if I'd throw him in the C role right away. I figure Zuccs is a good enough playmaker that he and Pouliot could do just fine with Moore. Nash and Kreider create the space and are capable of scoring. Brass can feed them the puck or shoot himself (which I wish he'd do more of). The off-wing situation is definitely not helpful.

I haven't seen Lindberg play this year. How is he with physicality and play on the boards? That could be a deciding factor, in my opinion, as to whether or not he gets the nod.

I just didn't think Moore clicked with Kreider and Nash at all last game. He looked out of place with top 6 minutes, and the only other option we have is Brassard unless you attempt to distribute minutes uniformly.
I just can't imagine breaking up the most consistant scoring line this team has had all year. Moore has enough to handle playing with Nash and Kreider--he didn't have a good game Sunday, but he's smart enough to make corrections if Stepan can't play.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:19 PM
slipknottin

Lindberg is not better offensively or defensively than Moore is.

That lindberg is a capable top line center is totally bogus.

Lindberg is also not more physical than Fast.

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id move richards to play with nash and kreider. and move moore to play with hagelin and msl. speedy guys can play with them. richards hasnt been the driving force on that line, his wingers have.

kreider - richards - nash
pouliot - brassgod - mza
hagelin - moore - msl
fasth - boyle - dorsett

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
That implies that Lindberg can handle being an offensive catalyst, in his first NHL game, in an attempt to clinch a spot in the finals. I just think you're taking a huge leap.
No, it acknowledges that Moore cannot be.

Old
05-27-2014, 05:27 PM
slipknottin

Quote:
No, it acknowledges that Moore cannot be.
It implies both, actually.

That Lindberg would be better offensively than Moore.

From watching Lindberg most of the year in hartford, I dont see it, I think Lindberg's upside is that of Moore.

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 06:25 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStian View Post
Yes, according to eliteprospects.com he does. Johan Lindberg, who plays in the lower divisions in Sweden.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10711
I guess there are lots of twins in Sweden.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote